Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Tua and I'm still high on him, but this whole "winning record" in the regular season narrative is trash as a way to justify him being good. His current level of play would get us crushed in the playoffs. He needs to get better. Period. I think he can and will.
I must say it is refreshing that people are bitching about how we win

Like I said in my grades…He wasn’t great yesterday. But I’m still going to make the case for Tua.
  • He was facing what I consider a VERY a good defense yesterday
  • Our OL is easily among the worst in the league
  • While not Dan Marino like…He was efficient
  • We got the win.
Does he have things he needs to improve on? YES. I want to see him audible out of a running play when there are 9 in the box. I want to see him run away from the pressure. It’s OK for him to run it when he sees the opening. Regardless, I’m going to defend him for the rest of this season and make a decision on him then. If the OL can hold up this week….We could beat this Bill’s team. That’s a HUGE if though.

Good post Zim

Tua can’t throw the ball down the field consistently, most of his throws are short slants. Why have all that speed at wr and you can’t take the top off of the defense. The arm strength/talent just isn’t there
could it be you need time to make those long throws and he's not getting as much time from the Oline to do that on a regular basis?

Your argument is not very strong. All three players are first round draft picks playing in their second years and, some would say, they all play some of the most difficult positions on the field. Two of the three were drafted at a pretty young age (and one was still recovering from donating bone marrow to his sister) and the common sentiment about them was that they would need some seasoning to reach their potential. The third was coming off a major injury and was not expected to play much, it at all, in his rookie season.
My point is that all three of the 2020 first round draft picks should be given at least until the end of the 2021 season (their second years) until any reasonable judgement can be made about whether they are cornerstones of the franchise or if the team needs to spend additional draft capital or free agent dollars on looking for upgrades. Patience is sometimes difficult but with a young team like the Dolphins it is needed. We have seen one game in 2021 and there was some good to build on and also some bad that needs to be corrected.

That's some important context I didn't know about those players, and I didn't look them up. I don't know the team well enough because, frankly, I went to only loosely following them the past couple of seasons.

And I agree with you, this need to cut bait and similar sounding actions stems from a lot of knee jerk fast-to-rage kind of reactions. I really don't understand that mentality. Unless someone is so bad that they are literally costing you blood on the field (ie. I recall Dallas Thomas causing Tannehill to piss blood), you should ride out the growing pains. There's too much call for instant gratification when we live in a world where that is neither tenable nor realistic. It's gonna bite us in the ass really bad some day, and I'm speaking on a much bigger scope than football.

I get that some people don’t like Tua and that's fine but what gets me is how many seem to be hoping he fails just so that they can say they were right. I totally get people saying he has things to work on. No problem with that but to say he's a terrible QB is just blind hatred for the guy.
Everyone wants him to succeed. Unfortunately for us we've become experts at mediocre QB play / poor offensive production so it's easy to make rash judgements when your franchise savior resembles Chad Henne far more than an elite QB talent. It's concerning and the odds are stacked against him becoming the type of guy to lead Miami in to deep playoff runs.

It's why I was all over the idea of Watson and why I went from thinking Miami was an AFC contender to likely missing the playoffs (after the team refused to deny the Watson rumors). If the coaching staff and FO don't believe in Tua and want to upgrade the position, why should I?

Everyone wants him to succeed. Unfortunately for us we've become experts at mediocre QB play / poor offensive production so it's easy to make rash judgements when your franchise savior resembles Chad Henne far more than an elite QB talent. It's concerning and the odds are stacked against him becoming the type of guy to lead Miami in to deep playoff runs.

It's why I was all over the idea of Watson and why I went from thinking Miami was and AFC contender to likely missing the playoffs. If the coaching staff and FO don't believe in Tua and want to upgrade the position, why should I?

The talking heads said that the trade was 'imminent' but it did not happen so as far as I know it was only a rumor

I get that some people don’t like Tua and that's fine but what gets me is how many seem to be hoping he fails just so that they can say they were right. I totally get people saying he has things to work on. No problem with that but to say he's a terrible QB is just blind hatred for the guy.
exactly, some (not all) seem like they would rather tua fail than miami win. i just want a SB. don't care who the qb is. i have no allegiance to anyone nor do i care what round they were drafted and that goes for any position..

Don't be surprised if the same thing happens to Tua and Brissett than what happened with Tua and Fitz.

In fact if Tua looks lost against that stout Bills D next week you may see Jacoby take over on a few drives.

could it be you need time to make those long throws and he's not getting as much time from the Oline to do that on a regular basis?
I don’t think so, I see Josh Allen move around when the pocket breaks down and is able to make deep accurate throws, I seen Mac do it yesterday and even Wilson on the Jets made some nice deep throws outside the pocket. Tua doesn’t have it, short slants is mostly all I see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom