Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do one of these exist or are we just going to continue throwing all Tua related posts in the locker and labeling everyone a troll?
instead of just stating that tua sucks or we drafted the wrong guy or mac jones is better how about having some solid facts. not saying you do this but many tua haters do.
so, i will start with an innocent question and i'm not a hater or a lover.. lol
in yesterday's game did Tua leave any plays on the field?? did he miss any throws or miss any reads.??
i know the pick when he got drilled (he said he was trying to throw it away) was a play he should've just taken the sack but other than that did anything stand out??

winning 7 out of 10 sucks...
I'm fine with Tua and I'm still high on him, but this whole "winning record" in the regular season narrative is trash as a way to justify him being good. His current level of play would get us crushed in the playoffs. He needs to get better. Period. I think he can and will.

Usually a thread with no link is moved or deleted however we never silence posters so lets use this for any evidence Tua is not the guy going forward.

Personally I didn’t really want Tua nor did I buy the pre draft hype. I heard a lot about how he would raise the play of others around him and how he could “throw guys open”. Now there does seem to be an awful lot of “the line sucks” and “the receivers can’t get open” which is what the hype said Tua could fix.

With that being said, he is now a Dolphin for the foreseeable future and he is by default “my QB”. He hasn’t shown me much of the qualities that the experts said he had but he has shown enough to me that I believe (hope?) he is about the least of our problems.

A lot of posters on this site are ready to cut bait with both Jackson and Igbinoghene but they tend to give Tua the benefit of the doubt with his play. If you are going to play the game, the rules apply to all players equally.
those same posters probably wanted to get rid of byron jones too and he had a great game yesterday so that might quiet a few for a while

Like I said in my grades…He wasn’t great yesterday. But I’m still going to make the case for Tua.
  • He was facing what I consider a VERY a good defense yesterday
  • Our OL is easily among the worst in the league
  • While not Dan Marino like…He was efficient
  • We got the win.
Does he have things he needs to improve on? YES. I want to see him audible out of a running play when there are 9 in the box. I want to see him run away from the pressure. It’s OK for him to run it when he sees the opening. Regardless, I’m going to defend him for the rest of this season and make a decision on him then. If the OL can hold up this week….We could beat this Bill’s team. That’s a HUGE if though.

Personally I didn’t really want Tua nor did I buy the pre draft hype. I heard a lot about how he would raise the play of others around him and how he could “throw guys open”. Now there does seem to be an awful lot of “the line sucks” and “the receivers can’t get open” which is what the hype said Tua could fix.

With that being said, he is now a Dolphin for the foreseeable future and he is by default “my QB”. He hasn’t shown me much of the qualities that the experts said he had but he has shown enough to me that I believe (hope?) he is about the least of our problems.

Kind of how I feel too brother

I'm fine with Tua and I'm still high on him, but this whole "winning record" in the regular season narrative is trash as a way to justify him being good. His current level of play would get us crushed in the playoffs. He needs to get better. Period. I think he can and will.

I think it depends on how you rate the Defense he just beat. Tua wasn't perfect. But some of the "talking heads" predicted NE to be a playoff team. Take it with a grain of salt. Tua wasn't bad enough to declare him "not the guy" imo.

Tua was under far more pressure than, maybe, you're acknowledging or realize. That he only got hit 4 times is a testament to some part of the plan being successful. What Tua didn't do that Ryan Tannehill was coached to do was tuck that ball and eat the sack. Tua rolls out away from the impending rusher, and at that point you can do one of three things: 1) attempt to get a pass out even if throwing out of bounds, 2) tuck the ball and run, 3) tuck the ball and eat the sack. The safest option is to just tuck the ball and go down while #2 can get your QB injured. #1 could also get the QB injured, and as we saw in this case his throw was altered and lacked the control to sail out of bounds. It's now that I'm reminded that our old coaches didn't even want our previous QB to exit the pocket, and it probably did save us from a number of terrible interceptions.

Under a different set of circumstances, maybe he connects with a receiver deep. My hope is he will get rid of the ball better, but if not then the sack is ultimately better than the other options.
Tannehill is quite the low bar when discussing dealing with pressure.

Tua can’t throw the ball down the field consistently, most of his throws are short slants. Why have all that speed at wr and you can’t take the top off of the defense. The arm strength/talent just isn’t there

I get that some people don’t like Tua and that's fine but what gets me is how many seem to be hoping he fails just so that they can say they were right. I totally get people saying he has things to work on. No problem with that but to say he's a terrible QB is just blind hatred for the guy.

We heard the same thing throughout most of the Tannehill tenure. Same thing with Henne.

You want to know the only time we didn't hear it? When Pennington led the 2008 team to the playoffs, Tannehill's run before the knee injury in 2016 and Fitzmagic stretch in 2019 to close out the season.

The one common factor is that the QBs elevated the team around them.. we are back to excuse making... The black hole where teams go to die in addition to coaching staffs.

Luckily Miami isn't interested in a 7 year "evaluation" process of waiting for a unicorn line and dominant back to make everything perfect. Instead we will likely pursue Watson and or draft a QB should Tua continue to look pedestrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom