Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now post one with every completion to be fair

I will say the throw to Wilson is a dime it’s just a great defensive play, the one to Ahmed was not great but with the coverage over the top probably just a throw away; he couldnt lead him or it would have been picked.

The short quick hitting game fits the line well until they are healthy and can gel. Long developing routes need to come after the defense packs in to stop the quick hitters that get 15 per.

sort of odd to see the success of all the slants and then just abandon it for huge chunks of time.

And the pick was a bad play, but every QB made a bad play this week so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it depends on how you rate the Defense he just beat. Tua wasn't perfect. But some of the "talking heads" predicted NE to be a playoff team. Take it with a grain of salt. Tua wasn't bad enough to declare him "not the guy" imo.
I certainly agree with that. He needs the rest of the season and a competent O-line before we can reasonably judge what he is or can become.

I must say it is refreshing that people are bitching about how we win
There's a huge difference between bitching about how we win and being objective enough to see that how we are currently winning will not equate to playoff success. I'm optimistic that will change with Tua. Do you think we should be celebrating our O-line play as well since we won? Or is that not off limits?

I must say it is refreshing that people are bitching about how we win
Its the same as when 10% of people complain when it is 72 degrees and not quite sunny enough for them to be completely satisfied.

The other 90% realize its a beautiful day to enjoy to the max...Im in the 90% on Tuas winning record. The sun is bright when the Pats go down at home in week #1

There's a huge difference between bitching about how we win and being objective enough to see that how we are currently winning will not equate to playoff success. I'm optimistic that will change with Tua. Do you think we should be celebrating our O-line play as well since we won? Or is that not off limits?
you don't think the Patriots are a playoff team?

This is an important thread to create after an Opening Day win on the road against a division rival and projected playoff team. 23 year old quarterbacks should be able to win those types of games by huge margins while throwing for 300+ yards, and they stink if they don’t.

If there’s one thing I know as a Dolphins fan, it’s that mediocre quarterbacks win games against the Patriots in Foxborough all the time.

Like last year when we played the Pats in Foxborough in Week One with a veteran quarterback. We scored way more points and threw for way more yards and won. Right?

you don't think the Patriots are a playoff team?
Absolutely not. What makes you think they are? They were 7-9 last year and added a ton of free agents and are starting a rookie QB. What part about that says playoff team to you? When has that ever worked before?

I don’t think so, I see Josh Allen move around when the pocket breaks down and is able to make deep accurate throws, I seen Mac do it yesterday and even Wilson on the Jets made some nice deep throws outside the pocket. Tua doesn’t have it, short slants is mostly all I see
did you see Allen play yesterday. As far as Jones who I actually like, we made the game way too easy for him with nothing but soft zones all game long.

This is an important thread to create after an Opening Day win on the road against a division rival and projected playoff team. 23 year old quarterbacks should be able to win those types of games by huge margins while throwing for 300+ yards, and they stink if they don’t.

If there’s one thing I know as a Dolphins fan, it’s that mediocre quarterbacks win games against the Patriots in Foxborough all the time.

Like last year when we played the Pats in Foxborough in Week One with a veteran quarterback. We scored way more points and threw for way more yards and won. Right?
Tom Brady is gone man. This ain't your momma's Patriots team anymore. We are a better team than them. We should've won and we did, luckily. People have to elevate their expectations of the Dolphins.

Absolutely not. What makes you think they are? They were 7-9 last year and added a ton of free agents and are starting a rookie QB. What part about that says playoff team to you? When has that ever worked before?
pretty much any publication I've seen. They have one of the greatest coaches ever, a solid defense and a strong o-line. Also, rookie QBs make the playoffs all the time

Tom Brady is gone man. This ain't your momma's Patriots team anymore. We are a better team than them. We should've won and we did, luckily. People have to elevate their expectations of the Dolphins.
Tom Brady was gone last year. We won 10 games last year. We still lost to the Patriots in Week One in Foxborough.

With a veteran QB and virtually the same offensive personnel (we were down Waddle and Eichenberg, up Preston Williams and Austin Jackson), we scored 11 points, threw for 191 yards, and lost by 10.

And the Patriots are much better on paper this year than they were last year.

Thanks for this, was unable to watch the game due to my 4yr old. It sure looked like a combo of some good pass d by pats and heck of a lot of Gesecki not being on same page (dare I say Gesecki could be blamed for last pick?).

All I saw was stat line for Tua and thought 'uh oh', but not as concerned now. Also took a tough hit that probably would have been called roughing the passer were it Miami hitting Mac that hard at the end.

pretty much any publication I've seen. They have one of the greatest coaches ever, a solid defense and a strong o-line. Also, rookie QBs make the playoffs all the time
rookie QB's make the playoffs all the time? 98 Rookies have started 10 games or more, and 12 have made the playoffs. And now we are paying attention to publications? Every publication has Tua as a bottom 3rd QB, and everyone railed against the assessment. You can't have it both ways.

I'll make a gentleman's bet with you that the Patriots don't make the Playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom