**Official World Cup 2014 Thread** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official World Cup 2014 Thread**

Who will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Germany

• Spain

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Colombia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Italy

• England

• Netherlands

• United States

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Memories of "Der Bomber"(sp) in years gone by with Gerd, although a different type of player. Met him when he played for the Strikers.

Nobody compares to Mueller. He played much less games than most players. I.e. Klose just surpassed G Mueller with 69 goals for the National team. But he also need way over 100 games. Mueller scored 68 goals in just 62 games.

I know Germany is good but, are they this good or, has Portugal been over rated? I did not see the US having a fair shot of beating either but, having second thoughts.

Let's not forget Portugal is the #4 ranked team in the world. You don't get there by being overated. There are too many factors involved.
Germany also shifted down in the second half and it became more like practice unit then a WC game. Still Portugal never got close.

The German squad is a very good squad. They can always score. What made me really happy that the defense was in control the entire game. Portugal had hardly a chance. And I thought the defense will be a weakness.

The US has to take care of their business now. They are facing a team they have never beaten and got kicked out by them in the last WC. Ghana

We have to beat Ghana and Portugal.

So excited about tonights match! Im taking my father in law who is british to penny lane pub here in Richmond VA. He hasnt been back home in 7 years and he loves soccer. Gonna give him a little taste of being home. Go USA!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I am not singling out Mueller, but I can't stand the drama (and play acting) from some of these players. It's one big reason why I can't watch the NBA anymore (the other is the STAR calls). All the complaining really takes away from the game.
Mueller = Actor
Pepe = Moron

Acting is a skill that can be handsomely rewarded in sports and in other enterprises. Moronicity on the other hand is a largely natural trait with little to no redemptive value. Example: Germany 4, Portugal 0

I thinkwe beat ghana today and Portugal looked weak today leaves an opening to get out of the group

busy few weeks, hardly been home in days. Saw a few games, good world cup so far

good luck to america tonight, or U.S.A.M.N.T.O.A.Murica or whatever silly abbreviation it is you use lol

Great start and then we lose Jozy. Not good. But hopefully it isn't too bad. USMNT UK lol

Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, Argentina, United States Mens National team -_-

I said a few pages back that ive always liked Dempsey, hes a really good player - far better than Donovan (who was too scared to leave a very poor US league) ever was. Really nice player, glad to see him score

on the other hand altidore (who I hear got injured- sad to hear about anyone) is very much not a good player, I saw this on twitter lol

BqSTQvRIEAEEnAY-1.png

from his own website - he sure has a high opinion of himself for someone who scored 1 goal all season

Last edited by a moderator:
Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, Argentina, United States Mens National team -_-

I said a few pages back that ive always liked Dempsey, hes a really good player - far better than Donovan (who was too scared to leave a very poor US league) ever was. Really nice player, glad to see him score

Hey I go by United States or 'murica lol but I agree. Donovan had his chance at Bayer Leverkusen at a young age before deciding that he didn't like it overseas. If I was him I would be all over going to a better league then staying in the MLS. lol

Great start for the U.S. . . .expect consistent pressure from Ghana in the second half. Just have to be secure in possession in the midfield, defend and take advantage of the counter attack possibilities. This is an absolute huge opportunity for the U.S. if they win this game.

Back
Top Bottom