**Official World Cup 2014 Thread** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official World Cup 2014 Thread**

Who will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Germany

• Spain

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Colombia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Italy

• England

• Netherlands

• United States

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the US beats Portugal and Germany beats Ghana they advance. But if we tie them we are in good shape still. I hope we can just beat Portugal and move on. Great game!!!! :flagwave::flagwave:

A Germany win over Ghana and a U.S. tie would eliminate Ghana and the U.S. would have a 3 point lead over Portugal with a +5 in Goal differential. Definitely a really good situation . . . best situation you could hope for prior to the game.

The worst thing that could happen is a U.S. loss and a German loss.

A Germany win over Ghana and a U.S. tie would eliminate Ghana and the U.S. would have a 3 point lead over Portugal with a +5 in Goal differential. Definitely a really good situation . . . best situation you could hope for prior to the game.

The worst thing that could happen is a U.S. loss and a German loss.

Germany is in a different class to anyone else in the group. They might not even concede lol they will have max points

They always seem to start bright in these things, dont think they win though

Germany is in a different class to anyone else in the group. They might not even concede lol they will have max points

They always seem to start bright in these things, dont think they win though

Oh no question, I expect them to take max points as well.

The right matchup could derail the Germans but I definitely think they have the most "talent ready" group out there and arguably the best keeper in the world. A really good combination of youth and experience but they are a bit vulnerable to the counter attack.

I still think the fact they dont have a proper striker who is under the age of 78 has to hurt them at some point

I still think the fact they dont have a proper striker who is under the age of 78 has to hurt them at some point

:lol: I keep wanting to say the same thing, but Mueller's 8 goals in 7 World Cup games keeps deflating my argument. Dude just knows how to put the ball in back of the net. Plus the old man will have an impact on a game before the end of this World Cup.

Oh no question, I expect them to take max points as well.

The right matchup could derail the Germans but I definitely think they have the most "talent ready" group out there and arguably the best keeper in the world. A really good combination of youth and experience but they are a bit vulnerable to the counter attack.

Pretty much every team is vulnerable to counter attacks when they are on offense. ;-)

WOOT! Congrats on beating a small, third world African country with like 1/20th of your population and on just your third attempt! MURICA!!

Seriously though that was a decent result against a team I thought was a fairly even matchup for you. I didnt think either team was great but you have a chance. The Portugal team isnt good by their standards but I would still except them to squeak through. Germany will hammer america and Ghana as well.

Good start though, well done
For an objective observer, I think you're being pretty charitable. I mean great goal by Dempsey (against some horrid defending) in the first minute, but after that I saw a US team that couldn't keep possession, couldn't counter effectively and was basically run ragged from all the futile ball chasing. On skill alone they didn't deserve a tie, let alone a win - but heart and courage trumped skill today. Full marks for that - but unless a lifeless, demoralized Portugal shows up on Sunday (and it's certainly possible), the US will have to do far far better just to keep it close. Having said that, they somehow did what they had to do - and even though they lost Altidore, Pepe is also gone, which might be a wash in terms of importance to their respective teams. A lot depends on how Portugal responds to their spanking - very intriguing game coming up.

A little tidbit on Brooks I saw this morning on TV:
Grew up in Germany (Berlin). Parents are German (Mother) and American (Father). Plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. He actually played for the German U20 National team one or two games.
I wonder if Michael Wilbon is going to tell Brooks to get out of America. :lol:

If the US plays possession the way they played vs. Ghana, Germany and Portugal will steamroll them. The US has talent to score, but the team has to learn take care of the ball and keep it out of the feet of the more talented teams. I noticed that Ghana took a lot of shots on goal (missing badly sometimes) from a distance, they rarely got close enough for the easier shots (when they did they scored). You better believe that both Portugal and Germany will overwhelm the US defense with talented strikers in the box, who won't miss. I am hoping for the best, but I am worried that unless things change with possession/defense things might get ugly for our US team.

ehh Portugal aren't good. They do however have Ronaldo and if he is fit he can beat you alone. Couldn't do it to Germany on his own, but Ghana and USA? sure he can.

A little tidbit on Brooks I saw this morning on TV:
Grew up in Germany (Berlin). Parents are German (Mother) and American (Father). Plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. He actually played for the German U20 National team one or two games.
I wonder if Michael Wilbon is going to tell Brooks to get out of America. :lol:
There are actually five German-Americans on team USA (including Jermaine Jones and Fabian Johnson). All of them are sons of American servicemen and German mothers. All played the majority of their developmental soccer in Germany (some with the German national youth teams). All speak German as their first language. Add Klinsmann to that and I'd say the USMNT is rather indebted to Deutschland for their talent.

Belgium need to be winning this game they are better than this. Bring on Adnan.... getting him on my United top this year, he will probably get the 7 shirt which is cool

Back
Top Bottom