Official Yankees Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Yankees Thread

tylerdolphin

More Smug than Birthday Dog
Club Member
Reaction score
Might have to eventually rename this to the Official BobDole and tylerdolphin Discussion Thread, but hopefully there are other Yankee fans here.

Colon is looking sharp tonight. Im thinking he could be this year's Aaron Small. And Jeter still cant get a ball out the infield.

Has Jeter hit a ball in the air yet for the year?

colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.

colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.

I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.

I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.

posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.

posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.

Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?

Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?

man i hope that doesn't happen. but sometimes when its gone - its gone. just ask shaun alexander. i figured if ozzie smith could do it forever, then so could jetes. not looking so good right about now.

that's the great thing about being a reliever - you can do it forever. i'm still waiting to see that cutter not have the same motion - not so much. but i do think i read somewhere last year that he would be hanging them up after this season. if he hasn't lost any motion or velocity by the time the season's over - i doubt he will though. you don't walk away from that kind of money when the goods are still fully intact. stupid barry sanders.

Damn Gardner, you fast!

Nigga just turned what is a single for anyone else into a double. I didnt even dream he'd go for second.

**** the yankees

7839c54477fb47a59770680edfa3c16d-1.jpg

Yanks up 2-0 after another Granderson HR. He has been well worth what we gave up for him.

And Rivera blows another save :bobdole:

He seems to have a patch every year where he will blow a few back to back or within a few days of eachother.

Back
Top Bottom