Official Yankees Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Yankees Thread

Missed it but dad called and said he hit 2 HRs today. Dudes gonna be a beast. Glad we kept him.

he's got some serious power. both were opposite field, flick-of-the-wrist shots. he looked nervous his first game or so - he looked composed as hell today. he's supposed to be a helluva catcher too - good to have considering martin's injury history.

he's got some serious power. both were opposite field, flick-of-the-wrist shots. he looked nervous his first game or so - he looked composed as hell today. he's supposed to be a helluva catcher too - good to have considering martin's injury history.

I heard he was pretty weak at C and they were trying to move him to a new position...I dunno. Is Russell Martin only on a 1 year contract? If so we might let him walk if Montero is ready defensively.

I heard he was pretty weak at C and they were trying to move him to a new position...I dunno. Is Russell Martin only on a 1 year contract? If so we might let him walk if Montero is ready defensively.

i haven't seen him catch but judging from everything i've read he's supposed to be the goods. i don't see us letting martin walk being that he's one of the best defensive catchers in the league - and you know girardi is all over that. he doesn't have a huge contract, has some power, catches EVERYTHING, guns people down, etc. - he'll stick i think.

even if montero is the next coming of johnny bench i still think girardi keeps them both on there - being an ex catcher and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one number....

601!

Screw the haters...go Mo (GOAT) and go Yankees! :D

You know...for all the Yankee hatred out there I seriously dont think I have ever heard anyone bash Mo. Class act and the greatest relief pitcher of all time.

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera. He finally stands alone as the Greatest of all Time. When all is said and done, he'll have retired with at least 5 champions, 602 saves, 42 postseason saves, and 12 all star appearances. All that in just 17 seasons. Surely, a first ballot hall of famer. Glad we have him on our side. Go Yanks!

This off-season im calling it Prince Fielder signs with the Yankees causing Jorge Posada to retire.

This off-season im calling it Prince Fielder signs with the Yankees causing Jorge Posada to retire.

First off, congrats to Mo. He deserved it. Greatest reliever of all time.

As for Fielder...Na. No chance. We need that DH spot open for Jeter and AROD to get days off from the field and 1B is locked up long term.

Back
Top Bottom