Offseason/draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason/draft

Mitchell_NY

Rookie
Reaction score
Draft: The picks is where i think the team will finish, IMO 2-14
#2 Chase young: he fills a big need as a dominant pass rusher and will be a BIG step up from Avery moss and Davon goodchax and he could possibly be the next big thing.
#9 Joe burrow: IMO he is the best qb in the draft and is very talented and he will be a great addition to the team.
#24 Tyler biadasz: he is definitely the best center in the draft and is a lot better then Daniel killgore and were in need of new OL
#34 Xavier mckinney: he is a very good FS out of Alabama and could be a very good addition to the team.[2nd round pick]

Offseason: The bigger name players

Anthony castononzo, OL 3yr 30 million: He would be a huge addition to the team especially since we our rebuilding the OL
Bryon jones, CB 3yr 39 million: if we have two shutdown corners and maybe draft a corner our secondary will be at the top after adding a few play
Phillip dorsett, wr 2yr 14 million: we need another wr to go with Parker and Preston he could be very useful and maybe add another wr in the draft
Karl joesph, SS 4yr 28 million: he didn't have the best career in Oakland but i think if we give him a shot he could be the player he was supposed to be
Kyle van Noy, 3yr 24 million: we need another LB he could definitely be a big role in our 3-4D
Jack conklin, 3yr 21 million: we will be able to get him on a cheaper deal since he isn't having the best year but he could be a B RT

Burrow won't last till 9, not that we'll be picking at 9 with the Steelers pick anyway. So we are tanking for a DE, great plan, thank god we have a history of picking stud DE's in the first round !

If we're sitting at #2 I can see us using two of the Texans picks we got for Tunsil to move up.

Burrow doesn't excite me but it will be him or Tua depending on where the pick is. If both are gone that's going to be an interesting decision on who they take where. Herbert may be the only other first rounder but I'd take a hard pass on him. Do you take Fromm at 33 and double down in the 4th? Eason, Huntley or Love?

If we're sitting at #2 I can see us using two of the Texans picks we got for Tunsil to move up.

That's unfortunately the cost of these meaningless wins. We simply can't afford to win again this season, otherwise this tank season has been for nothing, we are in danger of having to give up a ton of capital to get the QB we desperately need, or settle for someone else. If they've identified Tua as the guy (which I believe they did a long time ago and are absolutely right) then if we don't end up #1 we have to give up being able to also draft a Olineman to help him or a DE we are in desperate need of or a tool for him to throw to. Or we settle for that QB that they are not as high on, settling rarely works in the draft process.

That's unfortunately the cost of these meaningless wins. We simply can't afford to win again this season, otherwise this tank season has been for nothing, we are in danger of having to give up a ton of capital to get the QB we desperately need, or settle for someone else. If they've identified Tua as the guy (which I believe they did a long time ago and are absolutely right) then if we don't end up #1 we have to give up being able to also draft a Olineman to help him or a DE we are in desperate need of or a tool for him to throw to. Or we settle for that QB that they are not as high on, settling rarely works in the draft process.
If you get the guy you want its not a waste of capital. Keep in mind they still have a lot of assets to include cap space and a coaching staff that is showing they can develop the talent on the roster. Would love to keep all the picks accumulated but that QB is the number 1 goal.

No..no, there will be no waste of picks to move up for one player, moving down to aquire more pick, maybe, but with all the talent in this coming draft, moving up, and losing picks is not a very good plan.

Burrow doesn't excite me but it will be him or Tua depending on where the pick is. If both are gone that's going to be an interesting decision on who they take where. Herbert may be the only other first rounder but I'd take a hard pass on him. Do you take Fromm at 33 and double down in the 4th? Eason, Huntley or Love?

Herbert is intriguing me more as the weeks pass, there is an undeniable skillset there, I've seen him throw some absolute beauties this year, I've also seen him miss on throws my dead granny could make. I doubt he makes it out of the top 5, he'll test really well and has built a decent resume at Oregon. I wouldn't take Fromm at any point in the first, Love will probably not get to the 2nd round but if we've not picked up a QB by then and he's on the board, then no brainer to throw a 2nd rounder at him and hope you can develop him, he could be great.

If you get the guy you want its not a waste of capital. Keep in mind they still have a lot of assets to include cap space and a coaching staff that is showing they can develop the talent on the roster. Would love to keep all the picks accumulated but that QB is the number 1 goal.

I agree, but I would much rather we keep our capital and are able to fill the many, many holes we have. For me plan B is to trade up not stay put and settle for the #2 choice.

Some of the free agents you have listed would be crazy to leave their current teams.

Dorsett, Van Noy seem like guys that will stick around new England.

Castononzo(sp?) Plays on one of the best olines in the league, why leave that situation?

Byron Jones is a guy that could end up walking as Dallas still has to pay Dak and Cooper. If the team wants to keep Jones they will find a way to do so.

Joseph could be an interesting signing. Seeing as our coaching staff seems to be doing a pretty stellar job developing and utilizing talent on the roster that other regimes could not. Not saying that makes it a lock that we could develop anyone and everyone that dawns the aqua and orange. Just more of an observation more then fact. Promising observation......

Stop with he tank talk, there are no such thing as draft certainties, I’d rather see Flores set a winning attitude with these scrubs, then get talented studs next year....Marino was the last Qib taken...just saying

Back
Top Bottom