Offseason/draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason/draft

Trade down and get more picks. Love, Fromm, or Eason can be had in the later rounds.
I'm not sure any of those quarterbacks make it out of round 1, perhaps Eason. Trading down, though, could be an option there. There are several good corners and a couple of offensive lineman who might be hard to resist.

Not bad, I don’t think we sign a bunch of O line guys tbh. Maybe the Guard Thuney(sp?) out of New England will be a target. They don’t pay guys like that and well it’s a pats guy for a former pats coach. Van noy would be Swiss army guy and totally fit our d scheme but like others have said doubt he leave his situation.

Getting a generational pass rusher and a QB with our first two picks would be great but I think you have them backwards. I think pick 1 is a QB, and then look for the kid from Iowa or Penn State or even that Okwara kid from ND with the 2nd 1st round pick.

I like the late 1st with the center from Wisconsin or Oklahoma even though I think Boehm is doing well. That gives you a big time middle interior o line if he shifts to guard. You can get a tackle with the 1st 2nd round pick like Adams or the kid from Tennessee even though he has a medical thing.

Yes we have TONS of cap space but I think we need to be strategic and get younger guys who fit culture/scheme etc rather than spending on every big name. Look for one O line guy a underwhelming EDGE guy and a corner via free agency. Plug some holes in positions where guys take time to develop then draft their replacements. This draft can plug holes with quality guys. The free agency period will be a big tell with what the FO thinks of draft prospects.

Last edited:
Why would they not just trade up to # 1 with that draft capitol if they’re all in on the QB if the Bengals threaten to take him? People are ok to use the draft capitol to come back up for one of the QBs after taking a DE but not just going all in on that 1st pick.
Im not convinced that the Bengals would be willing to trade the rights to Tua. If you were at #1 would you? No way right? Why just have ice cream when you can have cake as well?

Im not convinced that the Bengals would be willing to trade the rights to Tua. If you were at #1 would you? No way right? Why just have ice cream when you can have cake as well?
I hear that but if it is true what a lot of folks keep saying that Burrow fits in Cincy more than Tua and that they will draft him wheather they pick 1 or 2, then a trade down to Cincy would make perfect sense, obviously if we are not @ #2 then Cincy may not be open for business.

if it is Cincy #1, Miami #2 and Cincy rate Burrow #1, then they might not have much of a market for their first pick outside us, they wouldn't be able to risk trading to 3 or below and potentially missing out on both guys if they are as probably seems likely all in on QB in this draft. If this does transpire then expect a off season of even more lies than normal with both Miami and Cincy pledging love for the QB they don't want.

That's unfortunately the cost of these meaningless wins. We simply can't afford to win again this season, otherwise this tank season has been for nothing, we are in danger of having to give up a ton of capital to get the QB we desperately need, or settle for someone else. If they've identified Tua as the guy (which I believe they did a long time ago and are absolutely right) then if we don't end up #1 we have to give up being able to also draft a Olineman to help him or a DE we are in desperate need of or a tool for him to throw to. Or we settle for that QB that they are not as high on, settling rarely works in the draft process.
The problem is that I don’t think any team would trade with us if they had the opportunity to pick Tua.

Byron Jones will be getting/wanting Xavien Howard money, 70 million over 5 I’m sure at least. Conklin will get way more than 7 mill a year tons of teams need oline, he will get Juwuan James money at least probably 12 mill a year.

Love the draft concept though I’m all in on Young and trading up for a QB, if we miss out on Tua

If we end up with 16 & 25 (as it stands now), it would be enough draft capital to move up to pick #4 or #5 according to the value chart....theoretically.

Burrow won't last till 9, not that we'll be picking at 9 with the Steelers pick anyway. So we are tanking for a DE, great plan, thank god we have a history of picking stud DE's in the first round !

What tanking, bro?

Guys playing hard tanking?

Better schemes being implemented tanking?

The old man with a better chance to win under center instead of the young buck tanking?

So please tell me where the tanking is, my guy. Go ahead. Can't wait.

We simply can't afford to win again

You know, its unfortunate. I think the Herald reported that rumors had the above statement as Flores' pregame speech for this week but I have a feeling that Flores is gonna go the other way on this one.

Stop with he tank talk, there are no such thing as draft certainties, I’d rather see Flores set a winning attitude with these scrubs, then get talented studs next year....Marino was the last Qib taken...just saying

How dare you, bro? I'll talk about my aquarium tank till my face turns blue and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Oh... oh you mean the other tank? Yeah, that just f@$king stupid. Please continue.

That would take cajones to move down out of that spot and settle for number three. This place would meltdown if they did that :lol:

Don't sell yourself short. This place melts down regardless.

If we can pick up another 1st rounder next year and still come away with a top 5 QB while still picking 3 first rounders in this draft, I'm more than good with that.

"Shut up, Marino13! It's either Tua or I'm divorcing my wife, shaving off all of my hair, punching a baby in the face, driving to San Fran and sumersaulting off of the Golden Gate bridge while I flip the world off with two fingers for the final time."

If its a trade up for Tua, so be it. Good move.

If it's a stay put, so be it. Good move.

If it's a trade down, so be it. Good move.

And why are they all good moves? Because we won't know if it was a bad move until we start the 2020 season which is so far away these discussions are worthless, frustrating, and very entertaining.

What tanking, bro?

Guys playing hard tanking?

Better schemes being implemented tanking?

The old man with a better chance to win under center instead of the young buck tanking?

So please tell me where the tanking is, my guy. Go ahead. Can't wait.

WTF are you going on about man ? Call it something other than Tanking then as you obviously has some kind of moronic issue with the term, but we've intentionally gutted this team, we have never had any desire or aspirations of putting together a roster that could have a winning season. Even if they are now playing hard, they've still got zero chance of making the playoffs or winning more than 5 games at best. They've stated this to the fan base and asked them for patience and understanding that this season is not about winning. We've intentionally done this to this team and the fan base, and for what ? Folks on here want to draft a DE !

WTF are you going on about man ? Call it something other than Tanking then as you obviously has some kind of moronic issue with the term, but we've intentionally gutted this team, we have never had any desire or aspirations of putting together a roster that could have a winning season. Even if they are now playing hard, they've still got zero chance of making the playoffs or winning more than 5 games at best. They've stated this to the fan base and asked them for patience and understanding that this season is not about winning. We've intentionally done this to this team and the fan base, and for what ? Folks on here want to draft a DE !

I stopped reading at moronic. You don't have to insult someone merely because you are so very incorrect. It's not my fault you were dropped on your head as a baby.

The roster was gutted and three, yes T H R E E 1st round draft picks and much more was acquired. Contracts were gutted and now we have carte blaunche to sign whomever we want come this offseason.

You're whining and crying and little and loud complaints is because you want it now. "I want my toy now mommy. NOW! Is no fair."

We're rebuilding, smart guy. It's what you do when your franchise has been mediocre, at best, for 2 decades.

So exchange your diapers for some Levis and lets get together as fans.

You want to call it tanking? Go ahead. Tank away. But y.o.u. a.r.e w.r.o.n.g.

Its as simple as if we were actually tanking, Fitz would not be under center. Just that one and only one example is enough. Thats all I need to prove my case.

You think word wouldn't have come from up high to start Rosen?

They want to win, fella. That's all there is to it.

Back
Top Bottom