Offseason/draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason/draft

Imagine if we are at 2 and someone gave us a boatload of more draft capital for Young and we still got the next QB at 3?
That would take cajones to move down out of that spot and settle for number three. This place would meltdown if they did that :lol:

Stop with he tank talk, there are no such thing as draft certainties, I’d rather see Flores set a winning attitude with these scrubs, then get talented studs next year....Marino was the last Qib taken...just saying
in the first round. there were probably tons of QBs that went after him :)

That would take cajones to move down out of that spot and settle for number three. This place would meltdown if they did that :lol:

it would be fine as long as we wanted the next QB and were certain that team at 2 wasn’t taking him.

I’m not sure how realistic that could be though.

Imagine if we are at 2 and someone gave us a boatload of more draft capital for Young and we still got the next QB at 3?
That's entirely possible, if Tua is gone at #1, I would do that deal any day of the week. Honestly if we are not picking #1 and can't trade up to there, and Tua's gone, then I would be happy to take my chances on one of Herbert, Burrow or Love, hell I would even take a punt of Hurts in the lower rounds in that situation, with a view to have to make moves in next years draft to get either Lawrence or Fields (will be a lot more expensive because in theory we should be a lot better in 2020).

Passing on Young at #2 for more rolls of the dice would be the beginning of the apocalypse on Finheaven. So id be into grabbing a lawn chair and a beer. Would make for an entertaining evening.

Passing on Young at #2 for more rolls of the dice would be the beginning of the apocalypse on Finheaven. So id be into grabbing a lawn chair and a beer. Would make for an entertaining evening.

not if you had the QB rated highest on your board and he is there- it’s supposed to be all about the QB this draft no?

I like it. If Miami goes Young #1, I think they'd have to trade up for Burrow. I wouldn't doubt if Tua, Herbert and Burrow end up going 1-2-3, maybe in a different order.

Burrow doesn't excite me but it will be him or Tua depending on where the pick is. If both are gone that's going to be an interesting decision on who they take where. Herbert may be the only other first rounder but I'd take a hard pass on him. Do you take Fromm at 33 and double down in the 4th? Eason, Huntley or Love?
Recently I have seen Fromm mocked in the second round. I don't think he falls that far. Too many teams need quarterbacks and he would seemingly be a perfect fit for teams like New England and New Orleans. I'm not sure Fromm makes it to Miami's pick from the Texans.

not if you had the QB rated highest on your board and he is there- it’s supposed to be all about the QB this draft no?
That's relative to what Miami would have on their board against other prospects. If Tua is gone which he will be and you have Young rated #1 on the board vs. Burrow/Herbert at #4/#5 I'd take Young at #2 and use that built up draft capitol to move up and get either Herbert or Burrow. Being that this is hypothetical scenario, I choose the option where the Dolphins win twice. Or have their cake and eat it too.

That's relative to what Miami would have on their board against other prospects. If Tua is gone which he will be and you have Young rated #1 on the board vs. Burrow/Herbert at #4/#5 I'd take Young at #2 and use that built up draft capitol to move up and get either Herbert or Burrow. Being that this is hypothetical scenario, I choose the option where the Dolphins win twice. Or have their cake and eat it too.
Why would they not just trade up to # 1 with that draft capitol if they’re all in on the QB if the Bengals threaten to take him? People are ok to use the draft capitol to come back up for one of the QBs after taking a DE but not just going all in on that 1st pick.

Last edited:
Currently, the Dolphins are projected to pick fourth overall. That's with a 1-7 record. For the sake of argument, let's say the team manages to go 3-13 and picks fourth or fifth. In that scenario, it's likely Tua, Herbert (who is moving up) and Burrow are all gone. Young would likely be off the board as well.

What would you do with that #5 pick? Do you go BPA and then take Love or Fromm with the pick from Pittsburgh?

Currently, the Dolphins are projected to pick fourth overall. That's with a 1-7 record. For the sake of argument, let's say the team manages to go 3-13 and picks fourth or fifth. In that scenario, it's likely Tua, Herbert (who is moving up) and Burrow are all gone. Young would likely be off the board as well.

What would you do with that #5 pick? Do you go BPA and then take Love or Fromm with the pick from Pittsburgh?
Trade down and get more picks. Love, Fromm, or Eason can be had in the later rounds.

It will be so funny if the Phins don't land Tua after the offseason purge of talent.

the upcoming LSU-Alabama game will say a lot about where Burrow's goes in the draft, IMO

I like him more each week and if he balls out against 'bama, in 'bama, then I think we should nab him with our first pick

Seems cheap for Byron Jones. Not an int machine but can shut down guys to where the QB doesn't look that way

Back
Top Bottom