Oh my GOD!!! Is Tony Wise ACTUALLY this clueless? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh my GOD!!! Is Tony Wise ACTUALLY this clueless?

Re: Better be careful of what you say

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Dolfan Mike doesn't like name calling and he believes all of us fans are ignorant because we can't possibly be getting our information from any credible source, so basically we're all talking out of our a$$es.

Even though, Any avid football fan can tape the game, rewatch it play by play, especially with Tivo. And look at the protection schemes that are being run. So if there isn't any adjustments and the team is still disrupting us, the blame needs to OBVIOUSLY be placed on the coaching staff, whether it's Tony Wise or as Muck Pointed out in another thread, Norv turner's protection schemes, there is an obvious lack of game planning and in game adjustments. It doesn't take rocket science or being on the team to figure that out.

Could you explain please how it is you can tell the difference between the blocking schemes. Break that all down for us. Also, factor in how you account for blown mental assignments of players not stepping where they should, or players running into the blocker like ricky did on the last offensive play vs the Colts. How do you know we make no adjustments? If fact, I see different types of play action pass blocking all the time by our team, as well as many drop back froms of protection. So how can you say we don't, because you read in the paper some guy not even on the offense says we dont? Maybe he should be worrying about making a sack or even a tackle rather than our pass protection. FINGER POINTING! I see no "obvious lack of game planning" in our game. I see Missed blocks, missed tackles, Dropped passes, etc

I can let you have a tape of the French language. You can replay it all you want. You can even go slow motion, but if you don't know how to speak french, because you have no training at it, you can't break it down and teach us or understand it yourself.

I've been a coach for 19 years, have gone to 2-3 coaching clinics per year for over 20 years. I've been taught by some of the coaches on our staff, and on Pro and College staffs nationwide. I can't watch our game film and be sure what pass protection they are using most the time as there are MANY forms of protection at the pro level.

How is it that you can get it with no professional training?

Avid fan doesnt equal educated fan knowing what he's talking about on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
by any chance...DOLFANMIKE, did the team(s) you coached flop badly and you got blamed for it and then got fired?

just a serious question b/c you know so much about football and since your a coach...the reason why teams flop is because the players can't play and are the ones to blame...not the coaches.

you're really taking this to heart dude...i think you got fired and are pissed about it...true?

Well MIKE, if the problem is individual players making mental and physical mistakes over and over.... then IMO it STILL falls on WANNY. He is responsible for their play. He needs to get rid of them, bench them, reem them up and down... whatever it takes to get the point across that mistakes are NOT tolerable!!!!

If it is the entire team making these mistakes then it STILL falls on Wanny. He obviuosly does not prepare them well enough or has OVER estimated their talent.

Either way, the buck stops at the HC.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
what is your professional training???

i don't need any training to see what is happenning right in front of my eyes.

oh i did not know that to post here you had to be a former coach or a current coach to make any comments about the coaching staff.

i hope he does suceed. i don't hate the guy but i just don't think he can motivate and has good gameplans...o sorry for saying that since i need to be educated.

No, but you do need to be educated to understand more about what it is that you are seeing on the field. Especially based on the comments you are making on this MB.

Mike...explain to me what you are seeing on the field that i'm not seeing.

the main thing i see is a coach who shows no confindence and is a mess on the sidelines...that rubs off to the players which equals a lack of confindence...hey, how the hell are you suppossed to win with no confindence??? explain coach MIKE.

what comments am i making Mike...that wanny needs to go. that wade smith was left one on one!!! he was, i watched the game yesterday and wade smithwas left 1 on 1 at times and that's when his man got to the QB to cause a turnover.

it falls on the shoulders of the coach...wanny has had his chance in chicago and miami...he needs to go...what i'm seeing on the field is an underachieving team...who do you blame MIKE??? Explain that coach!!!

Re: Re: Better be careful of what you say

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Could you explain please how it is you can tell the difference between the blocking schemes. Break that all down for us. Also, factor in how you account for blown mental assignments of players not stepping where they should, or players running into the blocker like ricky did on the last offensive play vs the Colts. How do you know we make no adjustments? If fact, I see different types of play action pass blocking all the time by our team, as well as many drop back froms of protection. So how can you say we don't, because you read in the paper some guy not even on the offense says we dont? Maybe he should be worrying about making a sack or even a tackle rather than our pass protection. FINGER POINTING! I see no "obvious lack of game planning" in our game. I see Missed blocks, missed tackles, Dropped passes, etc

I can let you have a tape of the French language. You can replay it all you want. You can even go slow motion, but if you don't know how to speak french, because you have no training at it, you can't break it down and teach us or understand it yourself.

I've been a coach for 19 years, have gone to coaching clinics for over 20. I've been taught by some of the coaches on our staff, and on Pro and College staffs nationwide. I can't watch our game film and be sure what pass protection they are using most the time as there are MANY forms of protection at the pro level.

How is it that you can get it with no professional training?

Avid fan doesnt equal educated fan knowing what he's talking about on the field.

Ok so since you've been a coach for over 20 yrs you're the authority on this MD. Nah I don't think so buddy. Just like I played football all the way to highschool, doesn't make me any more or less knowledgeable about the NFL.

And for you're information, I've been to both France and Spain and don't speak both languages, however I had very little trouble traveling and getting around or communicating or understanding what was going on, becasue there's something called body language and facial and hand signals. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to have a good idea about what's going on.
Similar to understanding football.

I applaud your undying appreacaition for the Fins, God Knows, I can't root for any other team, however the point of a MB is to voice ideas, opinions, thoughts, criticisms, etc... and being an NFL coach is not a prerequesite to voicing your opinion on this site.

Re: Re: Better be careful of what you say

Also, factor in how you account for blown mental assignments of players not stepping where they should, or players running into the blocker like ricky did on the last offensive play vs the Colts. How do you know we make no adjustments? If fact, I see different types of play action pass blocking all the time by our team, as well as many drop back froms of protection. So how can you say we don't, because you read in the paper some guy not even on the offense says we dont? Maybe he should be worrying about making a sack or even a tackle rather than our pass protection. FINGER POINTING! I see no "obvious lack of game planning" in our game. I see Missed blocks, missed tackles, Dropped passes, etc.

Excellent points and they are all true, true, true, true...

In another post I have stated that some of our superstars have basically sleeped through the last 3 or 4 games.

GOOO FIINZ !

:cooldude: :sceptic: :peace:

DolFan Mike, I just went through the same thing with you. People have the right to give their opinion about the Coaching staff. So you 're the defender of the Coaching staff because you Coach Highschool. How many SuperBowl Rings do you have? That's what you asked me. I can't believe you say the same thing to everyone. You're a broken record. People are entitled to their opinions without you jumping in and questioning their credentials. Get a new act. Man are you a monumental freaking bore.

No, but you do need to be educated to understand more about what it is that you are seeing on the field. Especially based on the comments you are making on this MB.

Dave seems to be getting educated every sunday on my TV. :huh:

Am I the only one that caught "On his way to Canton......Dwight Freeney recorded three tackles....." :lol:

Originally posted by BSQX4
Man are you a monumental freaking bore.

:spit:

Mike,

Even you got to admit that's a funny line......:lol:

DOLFANMIKE - Read what Jason Taylor said after the game. When Tennessee was on offense, they were having their receivers and tight ends bunched close to the formation so that Taylor and Ogunleye were being chipped and slowed up in their stance. But when Miami was on offense, they did nothing to slow up Kearse and Carter.

Additionally, if you listened to the CBS broadcast, Jeff Cross -- who was a top lineman for the 49ers in the 1980s -- repeatedly ripped Wade Smith's blocking technique. That is ABSOLUTELY the responsibility of the offensive line coach.

Thanks Zod! I'm just mostly frustrated like everybody else. By the way Todd Wade just walked off the set on Sports Jam. He missed throwing the football through a 2 foot hole like 1 foot away for a fan to win a prize. He turned all red and walked!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
by any chance...DOLFANMIKE, did the team(s) you coached flop badly and you got blamed for it and then got fired?

just a serious question b/c you know so much about football and since your a coach...the reason why teams flop is because the players can't play and are the ones to blame...not the coaches.

you're really taking this to heart dude...i think you got fired and are pissed about it...true?

No Sal, I've never been Fired. No Sal, I don't always think it's the players fault. But to further educated you Sal, people better than me have been fired. Sometimes someone like you gets in control and makes that expert decision that its the coaches fault.

If you'd like to compare football backgrounds Sal you let me know. I've got former players in the NFL right now and had a very nice career myself. Not only that, but my team also won the CIF (California) Championship as a player and then again later as a coach. I'm proud of that, and worked hard for it.
Now about you....
Let me guess, you were a backup kicker on the JV's right? You know how to turn on a TV so you are an expert in football. You didn't like your JV coaches and they didn't like you. Am I close?

The reason i'm taking the time to educate you on all these attacks on our staff is because (a.) it isn't fair to have DOLFANS insulting them, (b.) Most of what is being said is bogus anyhow

Re: Re: Re: Better be careful of what you say

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Ok so since you've been a coach for over 20 yrs you're the authority on this MD. Nah I don't think so buddy. Just like I played football all the way to highschool, doesn't make me any more or less knowledgeable about the NFL.

WRONG. You are much less knowledgable about the NFL when it comes to schemes and coaching. Wanny and his staff have made this their career, not a weekend hobby. You are a fan, and they are a professionals.

Obviously you have no training at all or you would understand how foolish that comment is.......if you doubt me take some time this offseason to attend a local football clinic taught by the pro's. You will understand after 1 day how little about the game you really understand.

One of the things I enjoy about my job is that I get to learn about some of the things we see going on in our games on Sunday. I promise you this much, if you did attend start attending clinics you'd have a whole new appreciation for our staff. Even if you did still want them to get the boot.

Coaching is just like most other things in life, the more you do it the more you learn, and all the other things like understanding Team, players, etc all are other aspects of coaching that put the whole package together.

There isn't a single reason the Dolphins are struggling right now IMO. It's not just the coaches or just the players.

Back
Top Bottom