Oh, Omar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh, Omar

McDaniel better be the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi then. Grier is a total clown….I’m seriously afraid what he’s going to do with our draft picks

Lete save you the trouble... He is going to draft some pretty unspectacular players.

“The Dolphins began free agency with $63.3M in cap space and spent $43.8M of it. They have about $19.4M left to spend this offseason. Do you see $44M worth of improvement to this roster?”

Omar Kelly on Twitter this morning. As of that time we had signed:

Gesicki 10.9
Ogbah 7.6
Duke Riley 3
Preston Williams 1-2m per Barry Jackson
Sam Eguavoen 2m

So ~25m of that 43m (almost 60%) went to re-sign existing players.

While some of the numbers I listed may be off a hair, the point is his tweet was meant to give the impression we had spent 43m without significantly improving the team. He knows better than to post this and while his sources are not as strong as they used to be, he should know we have been on the phones for days trying to improve the team. It would do well to remember that not unlike some in our forum here, there are some beat writers who post to inflame vs inform.
Is he wrong?

“The Dolphins began free agency with $63.3M in cap space and spent $43.8M of it. They have about $19.4M left to spend this offseason. Do you see $44M worth of improvement to this roster?”

Gesicki 10.9
Ogbah 7.6
Duke Riley 3
Sam Eguavoen 2m

While some of the numbers I listed may be off a hair, the point is his tweet was meant to give the impression we had spent 43m without significantly improving the team. He knows better than to post this and while his sources are not as strong as they used to be, he should know we have been on the phones for days trying to improve the team. It would do well to remember that not unlike some in our forum here, there are some beat writers who post to inflame vs inform.
How the hell would he know what a $44 million dollar improvement would look like?
He has trouble with a $20 dollar haircut for self-improvement - LOL

Watched the latest Big O show with Omar. Watching them argue on Tua vs. Baker was fun.
IMO, those are the two of the three most toxic SoFLA sports personalities (along with LeBatard). You couldn't pay me to listen to that show.

IMO, those are the two of the three most toxic SoFLA sports personalities (along with LeBatard). You couldn't pay me to listen to that show.
I don't think Big O is bad (toxic). He was irritating at times on QAM, and still has a tendency to go off on tangents unrelated to sports.

Some ppl may not like that he doesn't sugar coat what he thinks, and that he isn't a a blind homer, but he is right a lot of the time.

While I wouldn't listen to hour upon hour of his schtick, he does have some knowledgeable guests on the show.

Gesicki 10.9
Ogbah 7.6
Duke Riley 3
Sam Eguavoen 2m

The guy is just an ahole hater. Best for everyone to not click on his articles or watch his videos. Let's blackball him.

I don't think Big O is bad (toxic). He was irritating at times on QAM, and still has a tendency to go off on tangents unrelated to sports.

Some ppl may not like that he doesn't sugar coat what he thinks, and that he isn't a a blind homer, but he is right a lot of the time.

While I wouldn't listen to hour upon hour of his schtick, he does have some knowledgeable guests on the show.
Big O is too impressed with himself. Has an air of entitlement I'm really not a fan of.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. His endless foaming-at-the-mouth rants on politics were part of what got O (deservedly) canned from WQAM. If I want to hear political talk, I'd listen to a different station.

I got stuck driving during his show at that time and suffered through some of them before I switched stations permanently.

Big O is too impressed with himself. Has an air of entitlement I'm really not a fan of.
I can go along with that. He can be.......... off-putting. Like I said, small doses.

I was just saying he is/has been right about a lot of Dolphin related things over the years, and at least, unlike Omar, he stands on his convictions, doesn't do a lot of flip flopping, and will admit when he's wrong (begrudgingly).

Gonna have to disagree with you there. His endless foaming-at-the-mouth rants on politics were part of what got O (deservedly) canned from WQAM. If I want to hear political talk, I'd listen to a different station.

I got stuck driving during his show at that time and suffered through some of them before I switched stations permanently.
Totally agree about the rants. I stopped listening because of that as well.

Now I just catch his 10-15 minute You Tube stuff when he has segments with guests like Cam Wolfe, Poupart, Ira Winderman, etc.

As of now, I can’t really disagree with him.

Until we sign a top notch OL, we’re banking on our improvement coming mostly from coaching/scheme and development of young players already on the team.

Back
Top Bottom