Oh, Omar | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh, Omar

You know...he ain't wrong. Very minor improvement in player talent.
Considering these guys had been on the payroll and were resigned, wasn't this really an ongoing expense that caused our cap space to actually be inflated due to not including their salary due to free agent status?

Considering these guys had been on the payroll and were resigned, wasn't this really an ongoing expense that caused our cap space to actually be inflated due to not including their salary due to free agent status?
No Ray, we just roll with 35 players next year, silly. That way we can have the cap space to sign a couple whales.

R.jpg

To the OP so you believe the team has improved? How I see things right now I don’t believe so on paper. I feel as though we are stuck in neutral and at this point it’s all in Tua shoulders. I hoping for the best.

We also have an easy 21 million more in cuts and restructures coming

People on here don’t like Omar because he refuses to be a cheerleader for the team.
Speak for yourself.

I don't follow Omar, but I see some posts that include his media releases. I realize his comments are "selected" for review, but way too often he presents information as factual when it is at best an "informed" opinion.

It's clear to me his sources are consistently wrong, and that assumes they actually exist at all.

I definitely wouldn’t have brought Preston back. The other signings are eh. Ogbah and Gesicki are pretty much the only moves Miami have made that makes me happy. The others are like eh we brought back JAGs from an underachieving 9-8 team and ok players from Dallas and Arizona where it’s a wait and see approach.
Me neither. Would have signed Hollins WAY before Williams. I'm still pissed we gave up Hollins. Raiders mad cuz he caught that face mask pass from Fitzy to win the game! Lol

“The Dolphins began free agency with $63.3M in cap space and spent $43.8M of it. They have about $19.4M left to spend this offseason. Do you see $44M worth of improvement to this roster?”

Omar Kelly on Twitter this morning. As of that time we had signed:

Gesicki 10.9
Ogbah 7.6
Duke Riley 3
Preston Williams 1-2m per Barry Jackson
Sam Eguavoen 2m

So ~25m of that 43m (almost 60%) went to re-sign existing players.

While some of the numbers I listed may be off a hair, the point is his tweet was meant to give the impression we had spent 43m without significantly improving the team. He knows better than to post this and while his sources are not as strong as they used to be, he should know we have been on the phones for days trying to improve the team. It would do well to remember that not unlike some in our forum here, there are some beat writers who post to inflame vs inform.
The Sun Sentinel could save some money and become a better paper by firing him. They should assign a new Dolphins beat writer and if they are going to keep him on a the newspaper, they can always assign him to the obituary section of the paper.

Me neither. Would have signed Hollins WAY before Williams. I'm still pissed we gave up Hollins. Raiders mad cuz he caught that face mask pass from Fitzy to win the game! Lol
Perhaps Hollins didn’t want to remain with the Dolphins after Flores was fired and he was looking to move on to another team. Hollins seemed to be one of Flores’s favorites and there was supposedly one player on last years team who stated that the Dolphins couldn’t win with Tua at QB.

Since the vast majority of the players from last year who could have been resigned have been. Maybe it was Hollins who made that comment and he decided he would be better off with a different team.

Last edited:
Needs to be an embargo on Omar's garbage. No more retweets, no more links, no more of him at all. Stop feeding the trolls and they go away. Omar, you are a troll or the same without the r.

I am surprised at the amount of omar discussion here still.

Lete save you the trouble... He is going to draft some pretty unspectacular players.
Like these?
Tua
SS B. Jones
FS Holland
OLB Phillips
WR Waddle
DL Davis
DL Wilkins
TE Gesicki
OLB Van Ginkel
LB Baker

Last edited:
Perhaps Hollins didn’t want to remain with the Dolphins after Flores was fired and he was looking to move on to another team. Hollins seemed to be one of Flores’s favorites and there was supposedly one player on last years team stated that the Dolphins couldn’t win with Tua at QB.

Since the vast majority of the players from last year who should have been resigned have been. Maybe it was Hollins who made that comments and he decided he would be better off with a different team.
Interesting and crappy if true. Everyone raves about McDaniels genius on offense you would think he be excited for that

Back
Top Bottom