Okay, lets talk realisticly about the future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okay, lets talk realisticly about the future

When I see Roth and Crowder, I see the future. i see the Phins 5, 7 years from now -- dominant pro bowlers...Zach and Jasons....If they can work under the guys we have now, they'll come out like rockets.

fin-atic said:
I am trusting Saban. Really I am. But I think I am curious about fans thoughts on the following:

1. Ronnie Brown-Considered by most the best back in the draft. Great pick.

2. Roth-We aquired Carter and Holiday. We have Chester, Bowens, Taylor and other Bowens. Roth can join the rotation, but there were some real offensive line help there. There is no denying that we need help on OLine so did we miss the chance to solve a problem?

3. Crowder-Potentially great LB. But we have Thomas, Seau, Pope, Moore Ayanbejado, and Bua. Was this our biggest need?

We had one of the better defenses in the league. The only problem we had last year was against the run, which was understandable with injuries to Bowens and Chester. The year prior when they were healthy we ranked 3rd against the run.

But what about the offense?? Brown will be an impact. But even he needs blocking. We defintely need another WR. It just feels nervous to bypass all of this and keep picking defense. Thats what we have always done. And what it has proven is if you neglect one side of the ball it can hurt. I know I will hear the BPA comment, but sooner or later you have to fix the problems and that means you have to upgrade the players.

Now before I get flamed, I am not down on what we have done. I am committed to trusting Saban unless he does not succeed. I would like an intelligent exchange about these issues because I think they are legitimate questions and I think many fans are asking them.
i'm kinda with you on that... the crow-bar (or whatever his name is) pick doesn't bother me as much as Roth. we need DT help wayyyy more than DE, and especially need help on offense. You could have the greatest running back in the world, but behind our o-line, he'll be turned into mince-meat. i would have liked to see our 2nd round pick go to OL, DL, or DB (considering we just lost surtain), but whatever....

Tee said:
Fact of the matter is almost every person you mentioned is OLD and is running out of time. Holliday and Carter got 2 year deals which means they are band-aids, O and D lines are an issue, as well as LB

i think this draft went as good as it could have....:cooldude:

I think Carter got a 7 year deal. Unless you mean he will only be with us for two years then we release because contract is backloaded.

Well I am hoping for the best and I am in Sabans corner. So far the math doesn't work. BPA is great but what about filling team need also, what if the BPA is always defense how do you make the O better?

I would have felt better seeing a WR or OLineman with that 2nd pick. There was talent there in areas we needed.

Crowder makes some sense with the loss of Greenwood.

Ronnie Brown improves this offense more than a lot of people realize. He instantly helps the line get better with his running style and his ability to pick up the blitz. He helps AJ Feeley by giving him an outlet. He helps the receivers by forcing the safeties into the box. This is why taking him made so much sense.

Our Major offensive players are locked up for 3+ years

Oline needs to figure it out, or bring in new talent, which i still think is posible (Wilkerson)

QB is still an issue i guess, but not an immediate need

just get younger is a major theme this weekend

OK, fine, upgrade WR and RB, but unless you get people to block for them or someone to get them the friggin' ball, they become worthless.

D Bowens is history K Carter is going to move inside and M Roth will be a Day one starter and Im Pretty sure Crowder can play outside and we have and ancient hall of famer and a qustion mark at both OLB positions.

Every pick was absolutely jusitfied. Saban injected youth and intensity into our defense today. And that intensity, when brought in with JTs intensity and Seau's and THomas's energy...It would really get this defense playing some good football...and mind you they will be playing this football in a brand new scheme that will be designed to obliterate the other offense. Not play the bend but don't break crap that we've played for years and usually broke on at crunch time.

If the o-line can just be good. Not great or spectacular just good.....our offense will be decent.

fin-atic said:
I am trusting Saban. Really I am. But I think I am curious about fans thoughts on the following:

1. Ronnie Brown-Considered by most the best back in the draft. Great pick.

2. Roth-We aquired Carter and Holiday. We have Chester, Bowens, Taylor and other Bowens. Roth can join the rotation, but there were some real offensive line help there. There is no denying that we need help on OLine so did we miss the chance to solve a problem?

3. Crowder-Potentially great LB. But we have Thomas, Seau, Pope, Moore Ayanbejado, and Bua. Was this our biggest need?

We had one of the better defenses in the league. The only problem we had last year was against the run, which was understandable with injuries to Bowens and Chester. The year prior when they were healthy we ranked 3rd against the run.

But what about the offense?? Brown will be an impact. But even he needs blocking. We defintely need another WR. It just feels nervous to bypass all of this and keep picking defense. Thats what we have always done. And what it has proven is if you neglect one side of the ball it can hurt. I know I will hear the BPA comment, but sooner or later you have to fix the problems and that means you have to upgrade the players.

Now before I get flamed, I am not down on what we have done. I am committed to trusting Saban unless he does not succeed. I would like an intelligent exchange about these issues because I think they are legitimate questions and I think many fans are asking them.

I disagree, but I am not gonna fry you. The fact of the matter is we have 17 OL currently on roster. That is a lot of money to have tied into one area of the team. Granted there will definetly be cuts, we have to give Houck a chance to work the people that we have. There is plenty of talent on this team on the OL. All they really needed was some coaching and now we have that. The OL will be fine.

Ronnie Brown.....enough said.

As far as Defense goes. Our D was not that great last year. The core is getting old and it is time to inject some youth into it. Saban is doing the right thing by getting Roth and Crowder. Those guys will be contributors to defensive success and will be part of the future core of this team. The team is getting just what it needs.

Go Phins!!! Go Saban!!!

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
I think Carter got a 7 year deal. Unless you mean he will only be with us for two years then we release because contract is backloaded.

Essentially yes...:D

Yes I expect this D to bring the Wood and bring it ALL game. Its going to be sweet to beat the shiat out of some Os this year.

KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown improves this offense more than a lot of people realize. He instantly helps the line get better with his running style and his ability to pick up the blitz. He helps AJ Feeley by giving him an outlet. He helps the receivers by forcing the safeties into the box. This is why taking him made so much sense.
I agree a great back does make everyone better. But I think when you have a great line it makes all the backs better. Like Denver's system, and Pittsburgh. If Brown bombs (and some think he will) or if he gets injured then what? By only improving that one position it kinds of puts your eggs in one basket. Without Brown we are the same team offensively as last year.

Houck is the biggest improvement this line was going to see regardless of who we draft.

Back
Top Bottom