OL ......not much upgrade for now ??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL ......not much upgrade for now ???

Getting back on topic, we need to bring in an experience interior o line player who will be a starter for us. Not too many to choose from at this time. So OP is actually correct,so far shave neglected the o line.

I'm not much for the tinfoil hat theories and i don't think much of Grier, but i do think it's possible they're not throwing money at OTs right now because it may tip off who they like at QB in the draft.

For instance if they paid a RT a bunch of money, that would circumstantially support they are fond of a certain left handed QB.

Into conspiracy theories are ya?

Golic is a tough take. He reminds me a lot of Marshall Faulk. They seem to read some snippets that are two weeks old and then let it fly on game day. Very poor football pundits at their best

Golic & Wingo are "Totally Shocked" what Flowers got paid. Said he is out of the league with his play in 3 years if he wasn't drafted that high. So think before you react to my posts. I'm negative for a reason. When you root for a team that doled out more money than any other in 10 years. I'm not a happy camper. Sorry!!
Dang you! Now I want Wings with Garlic sauce, and the damned Coronovirus has closed the bar! .... Dammit, Dammit, now I want a Corona too.

You all ought to all crawl out from under your Armando rocks and start listening to national media. Here in NYC, the capital of the world, nobody is more informed about the goings on in the NFL than we are, sorry to inform you. So you can all laugh and make jokes about ESPN and Greeny and Golic and Darlington but here we're not sunburned in the brain. Over and Out!!

girl-school-bus-looking-sad-middle-finger-flipped-off-1386380570I.gif

You guys can make fun of Golic and Wingo all you want. But the fact is, Flowers looked unrosterable for 4 years at tackle. I realized he was solid last year at guard. But just solid. No one can be sure that will continue. To go with that, Baluga signed for the exact same deal. We lost our 2nd best offensive lineman from last year. From an already worst line in the league and signed a guy hoping he can repeat his average year last year and not the bottom of the barrel from years prior. We have a lot of work left to do on the OL. If you are thinking we should just draft heavy and go into the season with 3-4 rookie starters....woooof

You all ought to all crawl out from under your Armando rocks and start listening to national media. Here in NYC, the capital of the world, nobody is more informed about the goings on in the NFL than we are, sorry to inform you. So you can all laugh and make jokes about ESPN and Greeny and Golic and Darlington but here we're not sunburned in the brain. Over and Out!!
yikes

You guys can make fun of Golic and Wingo all you want. But the fact is, Flowers looked unrosterable for 4 years at tackle. I realized he was solid last year at guard. But just solid. No one can be sure that will continue. To go with that, Baluga signed for the exact same deal. We lost our 2nd best offensive lineman from last year. From an already worst line in the league and signed a guy hoping he can repeat his average year last year and not the bottom of the barrel from years prior. We have a lot of work left to do on the OL. If you are thinking we should just draft heavy and go into the season with 3-4 rookie starters....woooof
Is Free Agency/draft complete? I hope you're not taking Flowers as a failed tackle and using his improved play at guard to judge him. Ask the Washington fans or coaches. He was very solid and is A START. Not the ending. This says a lot about him :

“I think he’s one of our better offensive linemen, and to make the switch that he made … he made it remarkably well, and it’s a really good position for him. He’s playing better in live tight-quarter situations. He’s physical, he’s been really good in pass protection, he’s a strong square force in that respect.” - Bill Callahan, Redskins.

There is work to do but Golic and Wingo whiff d on their assessment of Flowers. But hey, a narrative is a narrative.

Attachments

• 1584501771607.gif
    1584501771607.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
Flowers is a good left Guard. H regraded well last year and is young with best years ahead of I'm. He is an upgrade over all we have right now.
Now still some good centers left. in FA.
Dieter can play any position on the line. as backup. He graded best in college as a Center so Dieter may end up being starting Center or RG.
In the draft we will draft starting LT and Center if we don't sign center in FA. I think we will draft 2 OL in the first 3 rounds.

He let in 2 sacks and had 6 penalties in 16 games..... Those are dang good numbers and honestly better than Tunsil..... Yes I know comparing LT to OG isn't the same but still. He got paid well because he's (hopefully) turned a corner. Also, there were no all-pro OL options, a bunch of overpriced and average priced good players. No one to make a splash on. I am disappointed we didn't sign more depth but that must show their draft hand. They saw deeper OL class this year and stacked up on our other holes maybe.

Thank you Nappy, for opening your eyes to the fact that we OVERPAID a marginal, at best player.

I’ve thought for years that shows like golic and wingo only existed bc 80% of the population jusy simply doesn’t know how to live w/ out having ESPN on in the background

now I see that there are actually people who entertain what they see and it’s not just background noise. Who knew

Golic & Wingo are "Totally Shocked" what Flowers got paid. Said he is out of the league with his play in 3 years if he wasn't drafted that high. So think before you react to my posts. I'm negative for a reason. When you root for a team that doled out more money than any other in 10 years. I'm not a happy camper. Sorry!!

Flowers should have been a guard from day one...he by all accounts played well and ascended at that position last year... forget the previous seasons where he was over drafted as a left tackle.

The draft is weak at the guard position... we got a starting guard in Flowers.

Expect two tackles and probably a center in our 14 picks in the draft.

Free agency was defensive heavy which allows more offense in the draft.

Not a single person is saying that.

Back
Top Bottom