Omar Jacobs on Right Now! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs on Right Now!

Jaj said:
At this point he has less downsides to him than Alex Smith. He'll fix his footwork and mechanics and experience working from under center can be fixed.

I don't think there is less downside. Fixing your mechanics is a big thing, and lacking the mental aspect of the position is something that represents a major downside.

Jacobs had to look at his coach for the play call when the defense was set. That's something you didn't see Alex Smith doing.

Jaj said:
At this point he has less downsides to him than Alex Smith. He'll fix his footwork and mechanics and experience working from under center can be fixed.
what the hell kinda sense does that make :rolleyes: Smith was already a #1 pick, has better mobility, is smarter, has better mechanics, and at least equal arm strength. Those are facts. How the heck does Jacobs have less a downside :rolleyes:

Jacobs = Danny Wuerfell

True but you have to remember he has much more room for error than Alex Smith does due to his arm.

Yes everybody always looks at last year's draft, this guy was so much better BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Smith wasn't at his #1 pick form at the beginning of last year. Give Jacobs some time.

Danny Weurfell?.... :rofl3:

KB21 said:
Jacobs had to look at his coach for the play call when the defense was set. That's something you didn't see Alex Smith doing.

that's a part of the spread offense. at a coaching clinic, wvu's o coordinator said that they will just make a base call initially, then wait for the defense to tip their hand, then call the real play. that's the same thing bgsu was doing, although it would be nice to see jacobs have enough of a command of the offense to make those calls himself.

He runs that offense to perfection, why change it or give him more freedom to call plays when what they do now and have done in the past works?

An INT already, thats not good. He only had 4 last year.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
An INT already, thats not good. He only had 4 last year.

One against arguably the toughest defense he will face all year is more than acceptable. I'm just upset over the loss, damn dropped pass in the endzone. Sharon is usually money, he had an off day.

saves said:
One against arguably the toughest defense he will face all year is more than acceptable. I'm just upset over the loss, damn dropped pass in the endzone. Sharon is usually money, he had an off day.

I know, I was joking about the int.

saves said:
terrible mechanincs, alright Mel Kiper, did you not hear them rave about how after studying game films they have found no flaws in his game?

Funny, his coaches say he drops his elbow. So they started putting tall practice dummies in front of him to try and remedy it.

The guy is blessed. But those mechanics aren't gonna hold up in the NFL.

Jaj said:
I don't care if his mechanics are a mixed bag, they're not like Rivers and this guy has WAY MORE PHYSICAL tools than Rivers.

At least Rivers sets his feet and plants his back foot. This guy NEVER sets his feet or plants his back foot.

The concern with Rivers was his natural arm strength and getting passes batted down (even though he never had passes batted down). There was no questioning whether or not his mechanics affected his accuracy or arm strength.

This guy....I'm saying that his mechanics are affecting his arm strength and accuracy. Yeah he throws for a ton of yards at a high clip. But he's throwing a lot of short-medium range passes on a rope. Not a lot of touch stuff. And he's got great receivers going up and getting balls deep.

If he's taught how to properly throw a ball, he'll be a better QB.

Again, I'm judging soley by what I saw today.

Muck said:
Funny, his coaches say he drops his elbow. So they started putting tall practice dummies in front of him to try and remedy it.

Again, I'm judging soley by what I saw today.

I've never been or tried to be a quaterback, so I am in no position to judge ones mechanics or not. But I attend Bowling Green and have seen Jacobs make every start of his career, and I have never heard anything about it other than it not being your stereotypical release. It is quick, hard, and accurate so I would assume nothing is wrong with it.

I noticed him passing alot more without planting his feet than I ever have in the past, and I would attribute that with and offensive line that has not yet gelled and let MUCH more pressure through than he has ever seen, causing him to get the ball of sooner and not giving him the time needed. Still the passes were more or less on the money, and he should have had at least 2 deep balls caught one for a TD that really hurt the team.

I know hes the kinda guy that needs good coaching on the next level, but in the right system, you can't teach the composure, awarness, and physical tools he has.

I liked several things with Omar, and not as much on some other things with him. I'm not really offering anything that hasn't been said with that though.

He didn't really seem to do anything over the 10-15 yard area. He should have a very good completion percentage just throwing short stuff all day. He had a pretty good arm from what I saw though.

I wanted to see how he would handle pressure and didn't really get a chance as he was gettign rid of the ball on short stuff so much. I hate the offense he runs for the change to the pros, he'd be a three year guy at the earliest IMO. He's also only a junior and think he would benefit from going back to school for his final year.

That delivery is funky, it looks like he is slinging the ball around. I wonder how he'll do when he has to drop a ball in over a LB's head and in front of a S.

I guess in the end I'd pass and wait for a more pro-style QB prospect.

Leinart is so much better as a QB prospect from today's games to me it's not even funny. Of course Leinart is the number one prospect and we'd need the first pick to get him.

Muck said:
Missed the first drive. But they said he went 5-5.

4002 yards, 41 TDs 4 INTs last season, his first as a starter. 6-4, 225.

Local guy from Palm Beach County.

Local! He is from Delray Beach! ATL REPRESENT! He went to Atlantic Community High. The old one not the new one. Delray is that city just north of Boca. South County All the way!

Muck said:
You could see the delivery very well on the last play. He doesn't seem to set his back foot after he steps up. He picks it up well before he releases the ball. That is NOT good.

Announcers just said the coaches work with him on keeping his elbow up.

Muck do you have a link or something; for QB MEchanics ? I'm interested in fiding out !!

Back
Top Bottom