Omar Jacobs on Right Now! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs on Right Now!

It's like he's playing darts. You point w/elbow & then point to the target w/hand while releasing. (great for throwing on a rope)

I'm glad I am not the only one to see this, I noticed it right away & was going to post about it. it's a catch 22, do you coach the guy out of what makes him good or do you let him go, (like Marino's coach's did)

Muck said:
Waston Brown's last name suggests he could be a cousin of Kippy Brown....who served as offensive coordinator for Jimmy Johnson.....who bequeethed the Miami head coaching job to Dave Wannstedt.

So in short, Dave Wannstedt was responsible for UAB throwing a shovel pass to end the half.

Actually, for the Texas fans out there, Watson Brown is Mac Brown's brother.

I like what I see so far. Very accurate and allows his wr's to actually make a play on the ball deep, and hits the wr's in stride elsewhere. He has thrown ZERO int's! Completed what...20-29?? I'll take that anyday, and if what you guys are saying about only useing his arm...Imagine what he'll be like when he finally learns. Even more deadly. First game...at half..lol..not to bad at all.

Jacobs is definitely a mixed bag. Like it's been said, his mechanics are all out of whack. The talent is easily there but.... major, MAJOR project.

Hackney > Jacobs

Im watchin the Jacobs show also, but on a side note what got into Rutgers....they are
up 27-7 against Illinois...now I know its the Fighting Illini but still its impressive..and some people think Rutgers are goin to a bowl game. Good for them its about time they get things right there. I thought they wouldve been better quicker with them hiring the coach from UM i think??? it was their d-coordinator or assistant coach, i dont know which one he was....ok im gonna stop watchin Rutgers, on with the Jacobs show.

Muck said:
Waston Brown's last name suggests he could be a cousin of Kippy Brown....who served as offensive coordinator for Jimmy Johnson.....who bequeethed the Miami head coaching job to Dave Wannstedt.

So in short, Dave Wannstedt was responsible for UAB throwing a shovel pass to end the half.

:lol:...I think from now on and througout the history of football any overly conservative play call should be called "A Wannstedt".

damn bowling green has such a swiss cheese defense.....they are gettin run all over. I dont think Wisconsin needs to pass at all....gotta love the start of a new college football season.

texasPHINSfan said:
and it looks like we won't see much of his deep passing because that damn DB for Wisconsin keeps interefering with the WRs

that and his OL is having a hard time giving him protection.

holy crap....yall gotta watch the replay of the Rutgers running back that hurdled a defender on a 70 something yard run....he hurdled over the guy while the guy was
practically standing...maybe a little bent over but he wasnt on the ground or anything....man amazing run

texasPHINSfan said:
true, but throwing style doesn't change game to game. his pull-back and release will be the same then and now.

Actually I think his throwing motion is much better than it was when I seen him play last year, it's still terrible, but it has improved. Tonite there are some talented Qb's who will be on display, in Leinart/Palko/Whitehurst/McNeal.

jville_fin said:
holy crap....yall gotta watch the replay of the Rutgers running back that hurdled a defender on a 70 something yard run....he hurdled over the guy while the guy was
practically standing...maybe a little bent over but he wasnt on the ground or anything....man amazing run

I saw that. They showed the play on the BG/Wisc. game. It was a nice run.

jville_fin said:

Yeah it was an 83 yarder, and it was actually the fullback, but to top it off he was out running DB's on that run as well.

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Yeah it was an 83 yarder, and it was actually the fullback, but to top it off he was out running DB's on that run as well.

oh...well thats more impressive then....nice run

Back
Top Bottom