Omar Jacobs on Right Now! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs on Right Now!

KB21 said:
Yep. That's what I'm seeing. His elbow is very low on his release. He doesn't come out to the side like Rivers and Kosar, but his release is from the shoulder area. I've also seen that he doesn't set his back foot on his release.

Yup. The more I watch, the more I see it. He isn't setting that back foot, ever. He picks it up every time. You can get away with that when you're throwing line drives to spots. But when you're throwing deep, you MUST plant your back foot and use that, your hips....the whole motion to throw the ball. Jacobs has some nice feet and looks good dropping back. But once it's time to throw, he's just using his arm and forgetting everything else. That will not cut it in the NFL.

The guy is blessed. He's big and athletic. He's got a strong arm. He's blessed with accuracy. He can throw on the run. He's a humble leader. But it's not gonna matter at the next level if he throws the ball like this.

If he'd learn....rather, if his coaches would teach him.....to throw properly, he'd be more accurate deep (and overall). And he'd have more power (he's got a strong arm, but it's not overwhelming).

Stocco looks more impressive better as a passer right now.

Jesus this Calhoun guy is something.

EDIT: His throwing motion reminds me of Anquan Boldin's in high school, though Boldin had a cannon and was more athletic.

jville_fin said:
jacobs wouldve had another td if it wasnt for his reciever steppin out of bounds
yes... that was boneheaded. why he didn't stay in bounds is beyond me.

Great preview game but I think criticizing his play in the first week is a little too premature. Generally my rule of thumb when watching college QBs is to wait until the 3rd week before really evaluating them. The reason is simply you want the teams to work out the cobwebs and see the QB in an offense that's jelling. Other posuitions like WR and RB I think you can evaluate right away and I am very impressed by the BOWLING GREEN receivers so far

how about the defense on both teams... wow they suck

adamprez2003 said:
Great preview game but I think criticizing his play in the first week is a little too premature. Generally my rule of thumb when watching college QBs is to wait until the 3rd week before really evaluating them. The reason is simply you want the teams to work out the cobwebs and see the QB in an offense that's jelling. Other posuitions like WR and RB I think you can evaluate right away and I am very impressed by the BOWLING GREEN receivers so far
true, but throwing style doesn't change game to game. his pull-back and release will be the same then and now.

texasPHINSfan said:
i have texas christian and oklahoma on my other college gameday :(

Me too. Infomercials on Fox for me. :(

I think I'm gonna switch to TCU-OK after the half. Wisconsin-Bowling Green has been great. But I want to see the potential upset. And I've seen enough of Jacobs today. :)

Peterson has been bottled up today??

Hell, i dont care about your guys criticism. I wish we could sign this guy now. I knew he was good, but doing this against Wisconsin's D?? Wow.

Watson Brown really pussied out with his playcalling right before the half. With a QB like Hackney and 2 seconds on the clock at UAB's 40 yard line, what does Watson call? He doesn't call a play that allows Hackney to air it out and see if they score. He calls a friggin shovel pass.

adamprez2003 said:

That's how you rate an offense, but evaluating a QB is different. You don't need to wait for the rest of the O to see how a QB processes info., how quick his release is or his accuracy.

KB21 said:
Watson Brown really pussied out with his playcalling right before the half. With a QB like Hackney and 2 seconds on the clock at UAB's 40 yard line, what does Watson call? He doesn't call a play that allows Hackney to air it out and see if they score. He calls a friggin shovel pass.

Waston Brown's last name suggests he could be a cousin of Kippy Brown....who served as offensive coordinator for Jimmy Johnson.....who bequeethed the Miami head coaching job to Dave Wannstedt.

So in short, Dave Wannstedt was responsible for UAB throwing a shovel pass to end the half.

Muck said:
Peterson has been bottled up today??

Due to no passing game and defenses keying on Peterson, leaving him with
9 carries for 9yards.....guess he wont be running for alot of 100 yrd games

Back
Top Bottom