Omar Jacobs on Right Now! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs on Right Now!

I'm watching he and Bowling Green for the first time today.

The offense is still that of Urban Myer. Shotgun spread. This is the same system Alex Smith played in the last two years at Utah. So there's immediately the question of whether or not this guy can effectively dropback from under center. But he does take a nice three-step drop each time from the gun. Holds the ball nicely at his ear.

The delivery is interesting. The ball really doesn't go back that far. He's pretty accurate throwing to spots. But he's yet to complete a pass where he's had to put touch on the ball. Overthrew a bomb to an open man from his endzone. He stepped up, but he didn't stop or even set his feet. Just kinda launched/guided the ball upward, back foot off the ground, still moving forward. People are going to want to change his mechanics I think.

Last series Jacobs took his eyes off downfield when heat came and took a sack (nearly fumbling). Chris Spielman said that he had man coverage downfield and has to put that ball up.

He's mobile. Isn't a Vick guy. But he can certainly move.

This is all based on a few series. Cetainly not a complete look at him. And certainly not a professoinal one.

And what is up with Wisconsin's hemlets?? It looks like somebody stole the team's supply last night and this is the contingency plan.

BTW - this Calhoun guy for Wisconsin is something else.

RB Brian Calhoun, best transfer last year. Colorado sure missed him last year & will miss him even more this year.

Chokelahoma is down 7-0 to the Horned Frogs in the middle of the second.

You cannot argue with his talent or the numbers that he puts up, but his mechanics have have to make you somewhat leary. I also feel that the offense BG uses will stunt his development as an NFL player. Still, he is definately someone we have to keep our eyes on.

Man, he's tall, I like his arm..but the shotgun...hmmm

You could see the delivery very well on the last play. He doesn't seem to set his back foot after he steps up. He picks it up well before he releases the ball. That is NOT good.

Announcers just said the coaches work with him on keeping his elbow up.

The delivery is interesting. The ball really doesn't go back that far.

Well, at least Bowling Green coaching staff is conscientous of Jacobs flaws & are trying to help him for his step to the next level, unlike NC State with Rivers whose delivery is worse.

BTW - this Calhoun guy for Wisconsin is something else.

He's an all-around good back. He left Colorado after their big scandel. Good hands, quick feet, speed. Not very big though.

SMadison29 said:
TCU is up 10-0 on Chokelahoma.

Go Frogs.

Iowa up 48-0 in the second on a shorthanded Ball State.

Somewhere David Letterman is sighing.

Muck said:
You could see the delivery very well on the last play. He doesn't seem to set his back foot after he steps up. He picks it up well before he releases the ball. That is NOT good.

Announcers just said the coaches work with him on keeping his elbow up.

Yep. That's what I'm seeing. His elbow is very low on his release. He doesn't come out to the side like Rivers and Kosar, but his release is from the shoulder area. I've also seen that he doesn't set his back foot on his release.

I'm flipping in between this game and some other games with prospects.

If you want to see a QB that has a hell of an arm and can flat out throw the football, take a look at Darrell Hackney for UAB. He can throw a pork chop past a pack of hungry wolves.

Also, Nick Saban has to be salivating over Tennessee's cornerback Jason Allen. This guy can play the ball down the field, and he's terrific in his run support.

I'm more interested in watching Reggie McNeal vs Charlie Whitehurst later on tonite. I've stated on this site since Jacobs name was brought up, his throwing motion is gonna need to be reworked. He's a talent, but he's gonna take alot of time to develop.

Bowling Green has two receivers that could be late round picks: Sanders & Sharon.

Also, Nick Saban has to be salivating over Tennessee's cornerback Jason Allen. This guy can play the ball down the field, and he's terrific in his run support.

Do you think he wants him as a CB or a FS?

Back
Top Bottom