omar jacobs they like | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

omar jacobs they like

i heard he athletic also, one draft guide has him as a super sleeper? interesting.

postermaster said:
He is a great QB, I would take him over Cutler and Young...
i dont know about that... but, i would not mind having him drafted by us. i bet he does have a lot of upside.

I remember that early in his career that he ran a more pro-style passing attack. The offense switched and knocks on him born. He would be a perfect QB to draft and develop and well worth a shot. Someone at least will give Omar a chance, I hope it's us.

icephinfan said:
I like Omar Jacobs, I hope we get him in the 3rd round!

I wouldnt be mad if we get him in the first round, I think that we have improved every position and the missing piece could be a backup QB and the O-linemen, what else could we get better than him???

postermaster said:
I wouldnt be mad if we get him in the first round, I think that we have improved every position and the missing piece could be a backup QB and the O-linemen, what else could we get better than him???

1st round we take a DB or LB "if no Lavar"
C-Pep can groom him, he would be a 3rd round steal!
He has a big upside.

PALMA said:
I remember that early in his career that he ran a more pro-style passing attack. The offense switched and knocks on him born. He would be a perfect QB to draft and develop and well worth a shot. Someone at least will give Omar a chance, I hope it's us.

Nah...the offense was pretty much the same the whole time. It was passer friendly to say the least.

Omar Jacobs to me is another Timmy Chang with a little more talent but nothing that will equal success in the NFL.

Product of a Pass happy and simple system in a weak league.

The guy will have major problems in the NFL.
Long term project with good bust potential IMO.

With Culpepper here now and limited draft picks I think we'll take a shot at a developmental QB with one of the 7th round picks. Other positions will be filled with our 1st and 3rd round picks.

Someone mentioned taking Jacobs with our first.... Typical stuff you see in here. :shakeno:

icephinfan said:
1st round we take a DB or LB "if no Lavar"
C-Pep can groom him, he would be a 3rd round steal!
He has a big upside.

With Allen, Poole, Daniels, Hill, Goodman and Cooper it will be unlikely that we get a first round DB pick, we have a very improved secondary, but with Saban's secondary highest speciality I wouldn't be impressed if we get one...

LB, I don't think so, we have many talented of them and if LaVar singns, we might be the most explosive team in that depth...

Our bigest missing piece is the backup QB, the one that might take Daunte's job for the first games, and as we all know its a very important position...

So Jacobs would be my option.

postermaster said:
With Allen, Poole, Daniels, Hill, Goodman and Cooper it will be unlikely that we get a first round DB pick, we have a very improved secondary, but with Saban's secondary highest speciality I wouldn't be impressed if we get one...

LB, I don't think so, we have many talented of them and if LaVar singns, we might be the most explosive team in that depth...

Our bigest missing piece is the backup QB, the one that might take Daunte's job the first games, and as we all know its a very important position...

Yeah, we draft Omar just not the 1st pick, we could draft a Safety, Schulters is not coming back, if we don't sign Lavar then yes draft a LB, we need a strong LB to join Zach and Channing.

postermaster said:

Our bigest missing piece is the backup QB, the one that might take Daunte's job for the first games, and as we all know its a very important position...

If you are a team expecting to make a run at the playoffs, you don't count on a rookie to be your backup.
That is a pretty simple concept.

Rookies have a major learning curve when they get to the NFL and playing one puts a team at a huge disadvantage.
If your a rebuilding team it's fine but not for a team like Miami.

Trekbiz said:
If you are a team expecting to make a run at the playoffs, you don't count on a rookie to be your backup.

Rookies have a major learning curve when they get to the NFL and playing one puts a team at a huge disadvantage.

Its not any worse then going out and getting a quarterback who has already proven he can't hack it in the NFL.

Trekbiz said:

You are right, I forgot that point of view..., but who would you draft first then?

Back
Top Bottom