omar jacobs they like | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

omar jacobs they like

UF Fin Kat said:
because they're completely different quarterbacks?

Well, sure. They live in different places, they play for different teams, they have different girlfriends.

Of course there are differences between the two, but they have far more in common than of the top picks have.

They have many of the same things to work on, similiar strengths and weaknesses. they both played in an all-shotgun offense that concerns scouts. They both have funky deliveries and mechanics that need to be corrected. They both are considered "dual threats". They are within one inch and five pounds of each other. Young has a 4.50 40 time, Jacobs has a 4.55 forty time... etc.

UF Fin Kat said:
young is a runner first, passer second.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

He threw for 3000 yards. Rushed for 1000.

Just for a little perspective:

Young threw for 50 fewer yards than Cutler... on ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY fewer attempts.

man, people have really warped ideas about what Young is. It's like they decided a long time ago that he was Vick and no amount of evidence is going to make them realize otherwise.

Trekbiz said:
Omar Jacobs to me is another Timmy Chang with a little more talent but nothing that will equal success in the NFL.

Product of a Pass happy and simple system in a weak league.

The guy will have major problems in the NFL.
Long term project with good bust potential IMO.

With Culpepper here now and limited draft picks I think we'll take a shot at a developmental QB with one of the 7th round picks. Other positions will be filled with our 1st and 3rd round picks.

Someone mentioned taking Jacobs with our first.... Typical stuff you see in here. :shakeno:

Just to let you know, Culpepper came from one of those "Pass happy and simple system in a weak league". Actually, he was at an independant school that had a pass happy O that inflated his numbers. You can't always say the system was pass happy, he sucks.

I have a feeling Jacobs will slip. I don't think teams with QB needs will swipe him, and I see the Fins, along with the Browns, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs all giving this guy a look. I think we could get him in the 4th (how early is our 4th rounder?)

nopony said:
Saying it doesn't make it true.

He threw for 3000 yards. Rushed for 1000.

Just for a little perspective:

Young threw for 50 fewer yards than Cutler... on ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY fewer attempts.

man, people have really warped ideas about what Young is. It's like they decided a long time ago that he was Vick and no amount of evidence is going to make them realize otherwise.
just using stats doesn't make it true. watching him play over his career makes it true. he looks to run when the first read isn't there. that's a run-first quarterback. and jacobs isn't a dual threat. you're way off.

Jacobs is in no way a scrambling quarterback. When you hear about his mobility, it's the ability to move around in the pocket a la Ben Roethlisberger, not the ability to take off downfield for a 20-yard gain.

postermaster said:
He is a great QB, I would take him over Cutler and Young...

whoa whoa whoa maybe Young but I think Cutler's the # 1 QB in the draft anyone see his pro day outside....in windy conditions and still threw better then Young who was in a dome! And with Cutler's stats u still have to consider the fact who he played fro VANDY that's not exactly loaded with talent

gunnakillbrady said:
whoa whoa whoa maybe Young but I think Cutler's the # 1 QB in the draft anyone see his pro day outside....in windy conditions and still threw better then Young who was in a dome! And with Cutler's stats u still have to consider the fact who he played fro VANDY that's not exactly loaded with talent
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

i would say that he is better then Cutler, but not even close to Young..Cutler played at Vandy...not a load of talent...which is why he looks like a good QB.. he had ZERO talent against him....Omar will be better then Cutler.

:cooldude:

Mr.305 said:

i would say that he is better then Cutler, but not even close to Young..Cutler played at Vandy...not a load of talent...which is why he looks like a good QB.. he had ZERO talent against him....Omar will be better then Cutler.

He has to be good QB to have been that succesful with that little talent around him there are alot or quality Qb's in this draft but in my opinion with the talent surrounding all the QB's Cutler had the least and yet had an amazing statistical collegiate career Jacobs is great too but I believe Cutler has a better arm then Leinart and better accuracy than Young

postermaster said:
He is a great QB, I would take him over Cutler and Young...

postermaster said:
I wouldnt be mad if we get him in the first round, I think that we have improved every position and the missing piece could be a backup QB and the O-linemen, what else could we get better than him???

postermaster said:
LB, I don't think so, we have many talented of them and if LaVar singns, we might be the most explosive team in that depth...

Our bigest missing piece is the backup QB, the one that might take Daunte's job for the first games, and as we all know its a very important position...

So Jacobs would be my option.

:eek: Wow, thats a very.................interesting perspective on things.

You would honestly be okay starting the season on the road against the defending champs with a rookie QB?

Motion said:
:eek: Wow, thats a very.................interesting perspective on things.

You would honestly be okay starting the season on the road against the defending champs with a rookie QB?

Agreed, we need a veteran back up (Not Harrington either)

Mr.305 said:
i would say that he is better then Cutler, but not even close to Young..Cutler played at Vandy...not a load of talent...which is why he looks like a good QB.. he had ZERO talent against him
What do you mean by zero talent against him? It sounds like you mean zero talent in the SEC competing against him, which is completely wrong. If you mean zero talent on his team to overshadow him, then it should be worded differently (players on the same team aren't "against" each other for national publicity)

Mr.305 said:

i would say that he is better then Cutler, but not even close to Young..Cutler played at Vandy...not a load of talent...which is why he looks like a good QB.. he had ZERO talent against him....

:shakeno: What a absolutely ridiculous statement to make. Couldn't be more wrong. The SEC is the toughest conference in football. Thats the 2nd baseless post I've read of yours this week.

all i know about omar jacobs is that he is an impact player in ncaa football, but ive watched most of vince youngs games bieng that i live close to austin, and i belive that this guy is the real deal. Its hard to say that his a "run first qb" because he just does what the other team is giving him. ive seen him sit in the pocket the whole game and other games he runs free so thats the end of that, but you guys are confusing the heck out of me.... if he runs a 4.55 that is very mobile for a qb, while others say he just moves in the pocket well. so ugh... which one is it? Im still not sold on taking a qb with our first rounder but i do belive we need to adress it in our mid rounders.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
all i know about omar jacobs is that he is an impact player in ncaa football, but ive watched most of vince youngs games bieng that i live close to austin, and i belive that this guy is the real deal. Its hard to say that his a "run first qb" because he just does what the other team is giving him. ive seen him sit in the pocket the whole game and other games he runs free so thats the end of that, but you guys are confusing the heck out of me.... if he runs a 4.55 that is very mobile for a qb, while others say he just moves in the pocket well. so ugh... which one is it? Im still not sold on taking a qb with our first rounder but i do belive we need to adress it in our mid rounders.

:lol:

Sounds like you know alittle bit more than that.

Back
Top Bottom