omar jacobs they like | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

omar jacobs they like

I think Saban is intrigued by him because he has a lot of upside and would be a project with a lot of athletic ability!

UF Fin Kat said:
and just because you use the blue frowney smiley every single post doesn't mean you're better than everyone, despite what you may think. you're wrong here, as you are in just about every topic of discussion.

:yes: :clap:

nopony said:
Alrighty... yeah, I think I'll disregard every expert in the field and go with a dude from a message board's opinion.

What makes you any different?

the problem is, you're not using facts. you're using the statistical facts and making them the facts about the player's potential. you look at young's stats and say "he must be a good quarterback." you look at cutler's stats and say he's not as good as the other QB's because his stats aren't as good.

And I said that where exactly?

And "you're not using facts. you're using the statistical facts..."

Huh????

And have you heard of something called the strawman fallacy? If you aren't going to accurately portray what I have said, don't bother responding. With whatever account you are insulting people with this week.

yes he CAN run, but that doesn't make him a dual-threat QB at all. he and cutler are both virtually the same athletically, but no one calls cutler a dual-threat QB. what makes a QB a "dual-threat" is his scrambling ability, so why even call him that since you said he doesn't scramble? he and young have nothing in common as quarterbacks.

Because he and Cutler AREN'T virtually the same athletically. Sheesh.

And I already listed several things they have in common, so you just repeating that they don't isn't persuasive.

:shakeno:

the fact that you don't actually state your own opinion, the fact that you quote scouts or something from a website, the fact that you use STATS to project a player's pro protential, etc...is a pretty strong indication that you don't know what you're talking about.

Good grief. I state my opinion all the time. Then, when possible, I back it up with facts or the occasional "expert" opinion.

I cannot believe someone would say the fact that someone uses facts indicates they don't know what they are talking about. Can you hear yourself? Do you realized how ridiculous that sounds?

I have given my opinion. I have supported my opinions. The fact that you take issue with that is hilarious.

saves said:
How bout this dude from the message board that saw every start that Omar has ever made and lived the floor above him last year? He ran like a 4.7 this offseason, and is not capable of a 4.55. There is a huge difference in 4.7 and 4.5 speed. But keep believing what you want, maybe if you search back you'll find the very large write-up about him I posted, I know alot about how he plays. But I'm sure you'll go spreading the word of the "experts" that say he is a 4.5 guy that will beat you with his feet!

Good grief.

Did I ever say I saw every start he ever made?

Do you want to go back and tell the guy he played against that he's lying? Do you want to pretend I said he would "beat you with his feet"?

I listed comparisons between the two and said both "were CONSIDERED dual threats". That is true, whatever you would like to believe.

Motion said:
:yes: :clap:

What makes you any different?

Huh?

Can you guys figure out in what way you're upset? Am I bad for saying what most scouts think? Or am I bad for just giving my opinion? because I seem to be getting insulted for both at the same time.

I have no idea why it became whine at nopony day, but it's getting old.

Lets talk about the issue of Jacobs or move along. I got out of junior high school a long, long time ago.

nopony said:
Huh?

Can you guys figure out in what way you're upset? Am I bad for saying what most scouts think? Or am I bad for just giving my opinion? because I seem to be getting insulted for both at the same time.

I have no idea why it became whine at nopony day, but it's getting old.

Lets talk about the issue of Jacobs or move along. I got out of junior high school a long, long time ago.

Its the way you go about it, and always have. You come in here and throw up all these numbers and quotes and talk down to people that you know nothing about. Its ignorant and and immature. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong.

And please, give the :shakeno: 's a rest.

nopony said:
Good grief. I state my opinion all the time. Then, when possible, I back it up with facts or the occasional "expert" opinion.

I cannot believe someone would say the fact that someone uses facts indicates they don't know what they are talking about. Can you hear yourself? Do you realized how ridiculous that sounds?

I have given my opinion. I have supported my opinions. The fact that you take issue with that is hilarious.
you're not using facts that relate to the situation at hand, which is projecting a player as a NFL prospect. you use stats to make your own opinion. you listen to scouts only to hear what you want to hear. all the scouts have said cutler is a great prospect, but you decided he's overrated. why? you looked at the stats. i remember you comparing his numbers to young. your opinion is formed based on this, and nothing else.

keep telling yourself you're above everyone.

nopony said:
I listed comparisons between the two and said both "were CONSIDERED dual threats". That is true, whatever you would like to believe.
no they're not! show me who thinks jacobs is a dual threat.

Back
Top Bottom