Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year

If a player is taking advice of "journalists" whether it's Darlington or Omar then they're the bigger fool.
Actually referring to Omar as a "journalist" is akin to describing Milli Vanilli as "recording artists"

I don't see the big deal. I doubt the Dolphins are worried about Omar being a master manipulator with players. He may get in a rookies head from time to time but they got four years to figure out he is the journalistic town clown.

He doesn't have to be an agent to care about the players. I understand what you're saying, but it's not a big deal to me. You think other journalists don't give players advice? Of course they do, but he's Omar Kelly, so anything he does is bad according to public opinion.

Agree to disagree. I don't care who it is. This is someone who is supposed to be reporting on the team giving advice that could directly interfere with the organization. I don't care it it's Omar, Bob Woodward, or Santa Claus. Were I the Dolphins, I'd suspend his credentials immediately.

This was posted on reddit by someone who was subscribed to Omar's instagram account where he was doing a Q&A this week. I have nothing to substantiate whether this is true or not but if it is, he should be fired.

Maybe someone should convince Omar to cover a different team. Or at least, have a different take than a negative one every article/report, etc.

He doesn't have to be an agent to care about the players. I understand what you're saying, but it's not a big deal to me. You think other journalists don't give players advice? Of course they do, but he's Omar Kelly, so anything he does is bad according to public opinion.

The public's opinion that HE created. No one else, it's how he wants it, its how he reports it, its how he covers it. I truly believe he is a Jets fan deep inside.

There's a lot of crying in this thread.

Omar cares about the players, which is why he told him to hold out. This isn't new news. He admitted this a long time ago. He said that he tells players all the time it's a business and tries to get them to realize that. I'm not a fan of his, but good for him. The players deserve to get all the money they can during the few years they get to play. It's a very risky job.

"If" he cared, then he wouldn't have given him that advise. It was obvious that Landry was not going to be resigned. So he needed every single reception he could get, because we all know he wasn't going to line-up wide and all the sudden become J. Jones. So if he listened to Omar and held out, that could have been disastrous for him, because he may have not had half the receptions he received, thus diminishing his FA value.

Omar doesn't get it, even when he thinks he's getting it!

It's been so long that I have read or listened to anything he does that I completely forgot about Omar until I saw this thread. It's been kinda nice. I have found alternatives that suit me better. I have to see how long I can go before the next time. :)

Good ol' dependable Omar, can always be counted on to be a 1st class doushe.

Other then his reports from training camp (Not personal opinion, that's useless obviously, but play by play reporting), he really is not worth reading, or, listening too.

Sounds like Omar being Omar.

He's pro-player (everything), convinced no one else gets it, and is more self-inflated than any other beatwriter I've ever seen. Some things I think he gets right, but it's washed away by his unerlining sense of righteousness.

Landry learned the hard way that the NFL is a business that will use and abuse you. It was obvious at points last season that he felt like the team was reneging on its promises to do right by him if he would toe the line.

There's a lot of crying in this thread.

Omar cares about the players, which is why he told him to hold out. This isn't new news. He admitted this a long time ago. He said that he tells players all the time it's a business and tries to get them to realize that. I'm not a fan of his, but good for him. The players deserve to get all the money they can during the few years they get to play. It's a very risky job.
Like they need doushmar for advice.
what a focking joke.
The guy has been blocked by almost every player, and some have told him not to even mention their name.

People act like Landry went to Kelly and said "I don't know what to do?" It was more likely Landry told Kelly one of the options he was considering was holding out during training camp and Kelly was telling him that was direction he should go. I doubt Landry went fishing for negotiating advice from Kelly and I doubt that Kelly just brought up the subject on it's own. I think we're making more of the situation than we should. So Kelly thought Landry should hold out and Landry and his agent opted to go a different direction. What is the big deal?

Landry learned the hard way that the NFL is a business that will use and abuse you. It was obvious at points last season that he felt like the team was reneging on its promises to do right by him if he would toe the line.
The team reneging on their promise, they never promised him $15 million a year.

Landry ended up with a 5 year $75 million deal. If that's the NFL using and abusing sign me up. He didn't get the deal he wanted from the Dolphins, but he got it in the end from the Browns. I doubt Landry cared which team paid him as long as he got paid and was playing football in 2018. It's not like Miami has been a team that players are upset about leaving because it hurts their chances of winning a championship.

What Omar did is not a big deal because he publicly admits what he does. It’s not like it’s behind anyone’s back. As for Omar in general,
I like him at this time of year because there is nothing to read about. Once the season starts I don’t read a word he writes.

Back
Top Bottom