Once the renovations are done how will Joe Robbie stadium stack up with league? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Once the renovations are done how will Joe Robbie stadium stack up with league?

sfloridafan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I really dig the teal seats, roof and the scoreboards in the corners. Humidity will still be an issue I think.

As for getting superbowls we have a lot of competition--

49ers have a new stadium.
Falcons and Vikings have new stadiums under construction.
Bills and Rams are looking at new stadiums.

It will kind of like be Cowboy's Stadium, and the new 49ers Stadium, Falcons, and Vikings too. Minus the NEW and and NICE part. The Humidity will be rad. If you like the 80's you will love Joe Robbie Stadium.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Stoked to watch Jurassic Park 7 there. Cause the first 5 flicks were so rad. Laura Dern gives me a 4 hour boner.

Once the Canopy and Orange Carpet is installed, and Gloria Estefan (Owner of Miami Dolphins) sings "Rhythm is Going to Get You" it is FACT the FINS go 8-0 at Home at yet Untitled Stadium.

Teal Seats are so "Hard" I heard the Ravens and Texans are shaking in their Boots looking up and seeing Marc Anthony and Gloria Estefan throwing Gang signs, and Teal Seats. Game over.

No one is going to get too bent out of shape—outside of Louisiana, Indiana and Minnesota—when the NFL owners, who are meeting in Atlanta, likely will award Super Bowl LII on Tuesday. New Orleans, Indianapolis and Minneapolis are all worthy cities, and each will get a Big Game in the near future. But my vote is for New Orleans. My five reasons why the decision shouldn’t be that hard:

1. This could very well be Tom Benson’s last time appealing for a Super Bowl. Owners are usually empathetic toward one of their veterans making a case for the Super Bowl. In this case, they should realize Benson likely won’t be part of such a host committee again. He’ll be 90 when the game will be played. He hasn’t been in good health; he just had serious leg surgery last week. It’s the humanitarian thing to give a deserving city, and owner, the game. Now, some would say it was Paul Tagliabue, not Benson, who forced the team to stay when Katrina devastated New Orleans eight years ago. Doesn’t matter to me. What matters is what a good owner overall Benson has been, and especially in recent years, what a good man for the city of New Orleans he has been. Witness his $5 million donation to local hero/ALS sufferer Steve Gleason.

2. It’s New Orleans’ 300th birthday in 2018, when the game will be played. This is a city the NFL went to great lengths to support and protect after Katrina. How can the NFL not give New Orleans the game in this historic year? It’s just the right thing to do.

3. New Orleans has one of the best Super Bowl perks in memory planned for its presentation today. The league has been vocal in its support for a safety program at the youth level called “Heads Up Football.” And if New Orleans gets the game in 2018, the local hosts will build a multi-million-dollar Heads Up Football complex adjacent to the Saints’ training complex and offices in suburban Metairie, with four football fields and a complex that would be used, in part, to teach coaches and players safe methods of tackling and playing football. Very smart move by the New Orleanians. Often, Super Bowl host committees do something overly nice for the 31 other owners in the league. But this magnanimous gesture hits the NFL just where Roger Goodell would want: in its future.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/20/super-bowl-lii-new-orleans/

The game was still awarded to Minnesota.

NFL gives 0 ****s. No new stadium? No Super Bowl.

Good luck Stephen Ross.

Humidity is much less of an issue in the first week of February, in fact, it's not an issue at all. Weather is great. Rain would be the only issue, but even in early February, we are in dry season still and rain is far less frequent (I do understand it rained in the Super Bowl last time down here) . . . . the roof should be the perfect fix for that.

Location is key . . . . this is a top tourist destination for this time of year, we just needed a solid stadium and it looks like that is what we are getting. I think we'll be in line for a Super Bowl soon

Humidity is much less of an issue in the first week of February, in fact, it's not an issue at all. Weather is great. Rain would be the only issue, but even in early February, we are in dry season still and rain is far less frequent (I do understand it rained in the Super Bowl last time down here) . . . . the roof should be the perfect fix for that.

Location is key . . . . this is a top tourist destination for this time of year, we just needed a solid stadium and it looks like that is what we are getting. I think we'll be in line for a Super Bowl soon

How dare you interject reality to rain on the idiocy!! (from Nov - March, South Florida = best weather in North America)

Wow!

This is going to be special. This is going to make this facility one of the finest in the league and certainly one of the most modern. This is going to make it more convenient, more comfortable, more fan-friendly and, with sideline seats being relocated much closer to the field, I believe it could very well provide more of a home field advantage, kind of like what we saw and well remember years ago in the Orange Bowl.

Have I mentioned the canopy that will give more than 90 percent of the fans shade on the hottest of days and protection in the most inclement weather? Or the four new high definition video boards located in each corner of the stadium? How about the concourse upgrades or a long list of technological advancements? The more I see, the more I learn, the more impressed I become.

Furthermore, this massive stadium project will vault the Dolphins right back into the Super Bowl hosting conversation. I suspected that would happen, but Friday’s tour only confirmed it. I truthfully don’t see how South Florida won’t once again become a regular in the Super Bowl rotation. I know first hand that the owners love coming here. These upgrades should only seal the deal as well as pave the way for other major national and international events to call this stadium home.
http://www.chatsports.com/miami-dolphins/a/Cohen-NewLook-Stadium-Will-Mean-So-Much-1-11021246

I really dig the teal seats, roof and the scoreboards in the corners. Humidity will still be an issue I think.

As for getting superbowls we have a lot of competition--

49ers have a new stadium.
Falcons and Vikings have new stadiums under construction.
Bills and Rams are looking at new stadiums.

Technically our location should be a dead give-away for a Superbowl. In some countries in Europe they have one city, one stadium where their yearly cup final is played. In England the FA cup was/is played every year at Wembley even before the stadium was renovated. In Germany they switched decades ago to the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, even before that stadium (build in 1936) was renovated. For those teams it is the destination as much as the cup final.

We have the best infrastructure for outdoor events. Nobody compares. We have the best weather. South Florida should be in consideration for every Superbowl. But the powers to be (little dictator Goodell) have that you have to pawn off a home game to England. Jones already said that the Cowboys won't do that so they are eliminated by default.

Vikings, Falcons and Rams have done that so far. They all could be considered. Though it looks like the Rams are moving.
I don't know if the Bills get a new stadium. I would think that they do a major redo like we are doing.

But like I said: Football fans like to party outside, on the beach. Once the fans will hit trouble getting to the game because a frigging blizzard hit he will regret his decision to ever hold a Superbowl in ice country. NY/NJ got lucky. Extremely lucky. I believe it started snowing the night after the Superbowl.

How dare you interject reality to rain on the idiocy!! (from Nov - March, South Florida = best weather in North America)

And this is why I want to keep my house in the Poconos, and get a second house in Boca. Mid Oct-Mid April in S. Fla, then Poconos the rest of the year. It would be fantastic.

Ah, to dream.

Edit: I just looked up the average highs and lows in Boca in January...and Long Pond, PA in July. They're almost identical.

And this is why I want to keep my house in the Poconos, and get a second house in Boca. Mid Oct-Mid April in S. Fla, then Poconos the rest of the year. It would be fantastic.

Ah, to dream.

Edit: I just looked up the average highs and lows in Boca in January...and Long Pond, PA in July. They're almost identical.

First beer is on me.:brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom