Once the renovations are done how will Joe Robbie stadium stack up with league? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Once the renovations are done how will Joe Robbie stadium stack up with league?

I'm amazed people actually think you can spend ~$350 million and get the same results as other franchises spending twice that (or more). And not just that. Someone in the thread thinks it will be one of the finest facilities in the league.

What a cheat code we discovered. Spend less than half as much as a new stadium costs, get one of the best stadiums in the league! :lol:

Walrus, you missed something. Normally you don't miss anything. Check that post again. It wasn't someone in this thread. He linked to Andy Cohen. Pasted Andy Cohen's version. Too good to be true. Other local guys are frequently overstated around here, the crimes of Omar and Armando, for example. Nobody ever underestimated the homer frenzy of Andy Cohen. This may be his best work ever.

I do thank you for mentioning deeper in the thread that only a few hundred seats are impacted in this conversion. I've been meaning to emphasize that. Might be into the low thousands. Still a very small percentage. The end zones are not involved, nor the corners. Hardly a new version of the Orange Bowl. That stadium was steel, wonderful emoting steel. This is altered configuration of concrete.

BTW, I don't know how humidity drifted into this thread, in regard to Super Bowl weather. The OP spotlighted humidity in general. Then he asked about Super Bowl potential in a later paragraph.

I am concerned that humidity might be an issue under that roof. I remember touring the Munich Olympic Stadium a few years later during summer and wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. The designers of this patchwork undoubtedly will make mistakes, things that can't be foreseen using models alone. I just hope the mistakes aren't significant.

Walrus, you missed something. Normally you don't miss anything. Check that post again. It wasn't someone in this thread. He linked to Andy Cohen. Pasted Andy Cohen's version. Too good to be true. Other local guys are frequently overstated around here, the crimes of Omar and Armando, for example. Nobody ever underestimated the homer frenzy of Andy Cohen. This may be his best work ever.

I do thank you for mentioning deeper in the thread that only a few hundred seats are impacted in this conversion. I've been meaning to emphasize that. Might be into the low thousands. Still a very small percentage. The end zones are not involved, nor the corners. Hardly a new version of the Orange Bowl. That stadium was steel, wonderful emoting steel. This is altered configuration of concrete.

BTW, I don't know how humidity drifted into this thread, in regard to Super Bowl weather. The OP spotlighted humidity in general. Then he asked about Super Bowl potential in a later paragraph.

I am concerned that humidity might be an issue under that roof. I remember touring the Munich Olympic Stadium a few years later during summer and wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. The designers of this patchwork undoubtedly will make mistakes, things that can't be foreseen using models alone. I just hope the mistakes aren't significant.

Yes, I have to admit I didn't get to the end of that post. There's an old saying about alcohol -- it sucks more out of you than you do out of it. Some posts are like that. After a while it doesn't take long to recognize them and you learn to pull the rip cord before it's over.

If there really is more humidity under that roof, I welcome it. Anything for even a minor competitive advantage. It might not convey the same advantage I've read about that old Deco Turf (or whatever it was called) but every little bit helps, especially when this franchise rarely does the little things right, like all those years we wore teal pants for daytime home games, or those several years when Ross tried to avoid 1pm home starts.

Teal Seats are so "Hard" I heard the Ravens and Texans are shaking in their Boots looking up and seeing Marc Anthony and Gloria Estefan throwing Gang signs, and Teal Seats. Game over.

....They're not gangsta rappers.

Miami not getting another SB for at least 10 years imo. When miami loses out to Atlanta next year maybe ross will stop kissing goodells ass by giving up home games to London.

I would say we will be about 8-8 next season with stadium renovations complete. Once we have a competent owner that can hire a competent FO and HC our record should get better too.

Is anyone here a civil engineer or construction expert? Can the canopy trap heat in the stands and make the fans more uncomfortable?

Is anyone here a civil engineer or construction expert? Can the canopy trap heat in the stands and make the fans more uncomfortable?

Not an engineer but I think the primary goal is to keep the sun off of people, which is the most devastating thing for fans in those September and early October home games. Humidity plays the bigger role for the players. Anything that helps keep the sun off of people only aids in the overall comfort situation for fans.

You're kidding right? Have you ever tried to work around an existing structure versus just building something from scratch? It's far easier and cheaper to start over. Workarounds mean compromises, they mean extra costs. You get something like 80% return on value versus starting over. It's why every other stadium project you'll find (save Soldier Field perhaps, and Lambeau, both of which were preserved for historical rather than cost) starts over.

You get what you pay for. You pay $350 million, you do not get the equivalent of a brand new $1.4 stadium (the estimated cost of the new Falcons stadium). It's like saying if you reupholster and paint your 1987 Pontiac Fiero then it's basically the same as a new car. Uh, no, not really.

Actually it's not. It's more like giving that Fiero to Chip Foose and his crew and having every detail completely redone. This isn't new upholstery and paint. It's a complete overhaul.

I would much rather host a wild card game, or divisional round game....But, Ross is more concerned hosting a super bowl so we can get the Patriots to come to Miami twice a year

If we get some renovations to the coaching staff and an upgrade at QB, the stadium will look beautiful.

Actually it's not. It's more like giving that Fiero to Chip Foose and his crew and having every detail completely redone. This isn't new upholstery and paint. It's a complete overhaul.

You can't spend $350 million on a stadium "upgrade" when new stadiums cost $1.4 billion and seriously think you're getting every detail redone, can you? A complete overhaul would carry the cost of a complete overhaul, the same way you can't achieve a frame off quality restoration of a car if you don't actually remove the frame from the body, to stay with the car analogy. Stop looking at the pictures and think about what you're actually allowing yourself to believe.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I would much rather host a wild card game, or divisional round game....But, Ross is more concerned hosting a super bowl so we can get the Patriots to come to Miami twice a year

Exactly. It's baffling to me that so many Dolphins have allowed Stephen Ross' desires and interests to become their own despite the fact that they have no reason to give a ****.

Back
Top Bottom