One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center

A young Center to groom is a must!......this year or next...

I'm open personally to Skura proving he is the answer this year. Before the "Yips" he was very highly touted and is still only 28. Last year despite the struggles he was ranked 4th in pass protection at Center. This is why I favour Dickerson if we do draft a center this year, he has that positional versatility that they covet.

Last edited:
Totally agree, center is probably our biggest need IMO. Preferably we can land Dickerson or Creed Humphery. But the draft is deeper than just those 3 guys mentioned. Josh Myers from OSU is a good player, OSU ran a lot of inside zone and he thrived getting to the second level. He’s a little small for the guys we covet but Miami has seemed willing to give up some size for athleticism at the Center position. The sleeper name to watch is Trey Hill from Georgia. There is the obvious Georgia connection, he’s a massive Center prospect 6’4” 330. I believe Barry Jackson or one of the dolphins beat writers said Miami likes him.

Totally agree, center is probably our biggest need IMO. Preferably we can land Dickerson or Creed Humphery. But the draft is deeper than just those 3 guys mentioned. Josh Myers from OSU is a good player, OSU ran a lot of inside zone and he thrived getting to the second level. He’s a little small for the guys we covet but Miami has seemed willing to give up some size for athleticism at the Center position. The sleeper name to watch is Trey Hill from Georgia. There is the obvious Georgia connection, he’s a massive Center prospect 6’4” 330. I believe Barry Jackson or one of the dolphins beat writers said Miami likes him.
We can get a center next year, too..if needed..don't reach for one. We signed a C for this year as a stop-gap!

We can get a center next year, too..if needed..don't reach for one. We signed a C for this year as a stop-gap!

The think is we will have a lot of opportunities. 36 should be a prime spot for Dickerson or Hunphery. 81 is a good spot for Meinerz or Trey Hill (might even be able to trade down and get hill). And I’m not trusting Matt Skura to play center, I’m definitely drafting someone to compete unless they feel Michael Dieter is a starting caliber center

I agree we need one of those 3. Dickerson's injuries scare me a lot, so I would pass on him. Humphrey would be perfect at 2A but I don't think he'll make it there. If Slater some how gets to 18 that would be GREAT. He could easily play OC and be a backup OT for us. Meinerz at in round 3 is a big possibility or maybe 2B depending on how they feel after with their Senior Bowl eval.

Just for the hell of it,

RT is possibly even more important...... You know Tua a lefty. blind side protection.

Keep eye out for Sewell obvious

Teven Jenkins ( legit RT )

Spencer Brown (also a legit RT ) and a monster. Flores had at the Senior Bowl

Back
Top Bottom