One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center

The think is we will have a lot of opportunities. 36 should be a prime spot for Dickerson or Hunphery. 81 is a good spot for Meinerz or Trey Hill (might even be able to trade down and get hill). And I’m not trusting Matt Skura to play center, I’m definitely drafting someone to compete unless they feel Michael Dieter is a starting caliber center

So I think 6 is going to be an OW, 18, 36,50 will be some combo of RB/C/Edge

6. Pitts/smith
18. Najee
36. Collins?
50. Meinerz/Humphrey

or

6. Pitts/smith
18. JOKr/Azeez
36. Williams
50. Same center

I'm not in agreement with some folks. I am not disregarding Skura yet as I believe he has great potential.
I hope we dont draft a Center before round 6.

Last edited:
I'm not in agreement with some folks. I am not disregarding Spurs yet as I believe he has great potential.
I hope we dont draft a Center before round 6.

Assuming you mean Skura, he’s going to be our week 1 starter. However he has also had a success at guard which would also cancel the Yips issue out. Best case scenario they both work out.

Look at what the saints did drafting Eric McCoy and Cesar Ruiz

Miami may have to get ahead of the Jets for one of the top centers. I think #18 is too early, but I saw one mock that had the Dolphins going Humphrey there. I think NY takes one in the 2nd round.

Probably leaves Dickerson for Miami at #36. Meinerz is a developmental guy there. I know he played well during Senior Bowl week, but to my knowledge he didn't play center at all in college.

Wouldn't be shocking if in that scenario..that Skura starts out at C, if the "yips" are behind him at all!
I'd prefer to go with a guy like Creed right away. I'm more interested in seeing Skura at LG if Flowers doesn't show improvement. Dieter as rotational inside when needed and Davis as swing T.

I'd prefer to go with a guy like Creed right away. I'm more interested in seeing Skura at LG if Flowers doesn't show improvement. Dieter as rotational inside when needed and Davis as swing T.
I'd be all for drafting a T in the draft, too..or G..or C...or a versatile player who can help at either G or T or C spot...

Back
Top Bottom