One Publication Believes The Dolphins Will Surprise | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Publication Believes The Dolphins Will Surprise

Dude just stop. That isn’t a stat to compare. It’s why it isn’t a stat line when you look at qb ratings per year. Your original post said Jay Cutler was ranked 34 and Ryan was never worse than 16. That isn’t true on PFF, PFR, QBR, or QB rating. Just admit you were mistaken when you posted. It’s no big deal we have all done it. I posted something about Jarvis thinking it came from his IG, but it wasn’t his account. If Ryan was ranked as the 10th qb in the nfl 3x and never worse than 16 there would be no debate among fans and the national media if Ryan should still be our QB.

“The key to the Dolphins making a surprise push for the playoffs is getting quarterback Ryan Tannehill healthy, and keeping him that way. Tannehill might not be an elite signal-caller, but he has produced a PFF grade between 80.9 and 85.1 every season of his career so far. That will put you among the top 50 percent of quarterbacks in the NFL every season, and with enough help around him, he gives you a chance to win.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/article213925554.html#storylink=cpy

HEY BUDDY. look what I found? from this very thread? EXACTLY what I said about Tannehill being top 16 every year?

Yah? maybe you should be the one to just stop now.....

Dude just stop. That isn’t a stat to compare. It’s why it isn’t a stat line when you look at qb ratings per year. Your original post said Jay Cutler was ranked 34 and Ryan was never worse than 16. That isn’t true on PFF, PFR, QBR, or QB rating. Just admit you were mistaken when you posted. It’s no big deal we have all done it. I posted something about Jarvis thinking it came from his IG, but it wasn’t his account. If Ryan was ranked as the 10th qb in the nfl 3x and never worse than 16 there would be no debate among fans and the national media if Ryan should still be our QB.

Its true on PFF, like I said I wouldn't make up stats just to prove my point, the only reason I said that about Tannehill was because I was sure I read it... You can check either the very first message in this thread or my last post for link proof...

“The key to the Dolphins making a surprise push for the playoffs is getting quarterback Ryan Tannehill healthy, and keeping him that way. Tannehill might not be an elite signal-caller, but he has produced a PFF grade between 80.9 and 85.1 every season of his career so far. That will put you among the top 50 percent of quarterbacks in the NFL every season, and with enough help around him, he gives you a chance to win.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/article213925554.html#storylink=cpy

HEY BUDDY. look what I found? from this very thread? EXACTLY what I said about Tannehill being top 16 every year?

Yah? maybe you should be the one to just stop now.....

That would be great if it were at all correct. In 2016 he rated 80.8 witch was good for 18th best. Not in the top 50%.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season

2015 he has a pff rating of 73.4. That isn’t top 50% nor is in the 80s that was claimed.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffs-2015-nfl-quarterback-rankings

We have a complicated offensive and defensive scheme. The true measure of success is whether these new guys and vets alike, can grasp and implement the plays. Everyone on our team has talent or they wouldn't be here. The question is can they learn and crush the systems.

Since the Vegas/bookies have a real vested interest in getting these predictions as close as possible...Has anyone ever started a thread where they’ve gone back when the season ends and says this is what the different people predicted...this is how it compared to the eventual outcome????

Just curious how close they’re predictions have been in the past.
Vegas doesn't predict based on what they think will happen. They predict based on how they think they can get equal bets on both sides, thus limiting their exposure and collecting the vig from the losing side as their profit.

These two things are not the same thing.

I see several games you have as losses that I would consider at least 50/50.

Ten
Oak
Chi
I think we could take one from NE.

I know its cliche, but our season could turn on a hand full of plays, and for that matter, a hand full of young players.

Yeah I don't know why so many mark those games down as automatic losses. IMO the opening game vs the Titans will be a statement game for the Dolphins. The Titans main threat is their running game. If the Dolphins can shut that down and get an early lead then the Dolphins should definitely win that game. I am not as sold on the Titans as many. I see a team with a solid yet unspectacular defense and one dimentional offense. Also this is a team with a new coaching staff implementing new systems. It will take them a few games before they have those down. We saw that with the Dolphins especially on offense in 2016.

The Raiders game is just a bad situational one for the Raiders. A team that IMO many are overrating only because of Gruden. Same issue as with the Titans, new coaching staff, new systems even in game 3 they probably won't be playing their best. Also factor in a west coast team traveling to Miami while having to play an early game in the heat and humidity. I see Dolphins winning that game and it might not be close.

With Chicago, I can understand people hyping them up some with the additions they made on offense. However here we are with another team with a new coaching staff. People hope that Trubsiky is the real deal. You would expect him to improve in his 2nd year with better weapons. However some here give fans crap for hoping that young players on our team improve but I guess that same standard doesn't apply when looking at other teams. I think the Dolphins are still a better team than the Bears and with that game being in Miami I see no reason to believe the Dolphins won't win it.

As for the Patriots. Tom Brady has a losing record when playing in Miami. Ryan Tannehill is 3-1 vs the Patriots in Miami with that only loss being in his rookie season. I see the Patriots taking a step back this season while the Dolphins will be improved. So no reason to believe that this Dolphins team can't do what inferior teams have done in the past.

Sure, I’ll take a stab at it. I don’t expect to be perfect. Any given Sunday can go one way or another. But a big win and big loss will balance each other.

TN: L
N.Y: W
OAK: L
NE: L
CIN: W
CH: L
DET: W
HOU: L
GB: L
IND: W
BUF: W
MN: W
JAX: W
BUF: L

8-8
I could see Minnesota and Jacksonville being losses too. Could easily flip two other games to wins and still get 8-8, like winning vs Tennessee and Oakland for example. Just think that MN and JAX are some tough games

I could see Minnesota and Jacksonville being losses too. Could easily flip two other games to wins and still get 8-8, like winning vs Tennessee and Oakland for example. Just think that MN and JAX are some tough games

Yes, that's true a lot of games can go either way. With all the questions the Dolphins have I think 8-8 is a fair prediction. The predictions I have a real issue with are those predicting the team to win 6 games or less. The team would have to lose some key players or to just totally flop to be that bad IMO. Hey but predictions are just opinions so it is no big deal. If the team plays up to their potential then they will make the predictions of those picking them to be one of the worst teams in the league look foolish.

one thing I can say about dolphins... they may lose some games but they play hard....they will win some game they have no right to won and turn around next week and play like ****..... that why we are a dangerous team in nfl play.....my new name for dolphins hot and cold.....one of these day we will put it all together....

Sure, I’ll take a stab at it. I don’t expect to be perfect. Any given Sunday can go one way or another. But a big win and big loss will balance each other.

TN. L either way
OAK: w
CIN: L
CH: W
DET: L
6-6 this is where we start getting in trouble. we will still be in hunt for wildcard...
MN: L
JAX: L we are out of playoff hunt

8-8 or 7-9

TN: L
OAK: L
CH: L
DET: W
MN: W
JAX: W
BUF: L

8-8

Forgot to oblige you with mine:

TN: W
OAK: W
CH: W
DET: L
HOU: W
IND: L
NE: W
MN: L
JAX: L

10-6 with strong start

That would be great if it were at all correct. In 2016 he rated 80.8 witch was good for 18th best. Not in the top 50%.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season

2015 he has a pff rating of 73.4. That isn’t top 50% nor is in the 80s that was claimed.

At least you can agree I wasn't making anything up like you claimed? Told you I read an article that stated exactly what I said, I don't lie and definitely don't make stuff up....

If I remember correctly the main reason we got so chippy with each other was because in your first reply to my post you said I was making those numbers up...just want to clear that up I definitely was not and would never do that...I apologize for my rude language in posts and replies etc but I guess I got offended getting accused of some thing I would never ever do, which I'm pretty sure I tols you in a few replies that I read that stat in an article and you still didn't believe me...

Back
Top Bottom