One thing Ryan Tannehill has that Dan Marino never did | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One thing Ryan Tannehill has that Dan Marino never did

We should be so lucky and blessed if tannehill was anything near what marino was..You are comparing a qb we have now that has not proven himself to a legend.Get real.

I've seen Marino take teams with the talent for 3 or 4 wins and lead them to 10=It. He wasn't a scrambler but had an amazing pocket presence that allowed him to be the least sacked QB in the league in multiple seasons=It. At one point, he held the record for most 4th quarter comebacks=It. He threw every pass with accuracy and had the quickest release of anyone who ever played the game=It. Bill Walsh was quoted as saying, "Joe Montana was the product of a system, Dan Marino is a system." If anyone had "It," it was Marino. And Marino did this with no running game, poor defenses and DB's that bumped his receivers all over the field.
RT's shortcomings so far include 2 major issues, pocket presence and accuracy on the deep ball. If he can develop those, he can be great. However, to compare him to the best pure passer that ever played is ridiculous.

the one thing Ryan has done that dan never did? go 4 games without an interception.

Can someone delete this thread? Everytime I log in and see this title, it makes me cringe.

Those who say Tannehill cant throw the deep ball never saw him play in college. It was Wallaces fault on 90 percent of those throws. I firmly believe RT is the next great QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing RT could do over Marino is run the ball. RT has the speed to run. But RT never will have the footwork like Marino. NOR the deep ball like him.

Marino could come out of retirement right now and hit Wallace in stride! Tannehill can throw the deep ball 60+ yards. The problem is that he's not accurate with it. Hopefully, he will improve.

Those who say Tannehill cant throw the deep ball never saw him play in college. It was Wallaces fault on 90 percent of those throws. I firmly believe RT is the next great QB.

You may not know a damn thing about this team and its quarterbacks, but you're certainly persistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...asn-t-Improved-Since-Texas-A-amp-M&highlight=

I'll give you this, however: you've actually discovered a topic that successfully enables the members of the forum to take off their rose-colored glasses with regard to Tannehill. Compare him to Marino; that'll do the trick. ;)

Don't get me wrong as I grew up a big fan of Marino, but I see an "it" factor with Tannehill that Dan Marino never had. QBs like Marino and Peyton were what I classify the "ultimate game managers"--They both usually made the right decision with the football, but never had that "gunslinger" mentality that won a QB like Eli Manning 2 super bowls. I think Tannehill is that guy.

Jeff Ireland was bad, but hey.... The guy gave the Dolphins a franchise QB.
This is pure blasphemy. You should have your mouth washed out with soap.

Back
Top Bottom