O'Shea Fired | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O'Shea Fired

If the reason that O'Shea was fired is indeed to keep Schuplinski I wouldn't read too much into it. O'Shea will go to a club with a ready-to-go QB while Schuplinski's expertise is working with QB which makes more sense for us.

These constant speculations that there could be a rift or Flores was unhappy or Rosen was the reason or whatever doesn't help anybody.

We all should apply common sense and logical reasoning. First of all we all knew that O'Shea might be a target for a job change after his successful season here. Schuplinski and O'Shea are coming from the same line (Patriots) and have worked together so the offensive philosophy will be very similar. If both were targets by other teams Flores had to make a decision who to keep and considering that Caldwell seemed to have overcome his illness it makes sense that Flores goes all out with the QB development.
The news is also that both agreed to split so I wouldn't call it a firing but rather use the phrase 'mutual agreement to discontinue the working relationship '.

TBH I think this decision was already decided much earlier. That would explain some of the euphoric celebrations of the players with O'Shea on the sidelines. It was euphoric because of the win and felt like a 'thank you for bringing the best out of us'.

I'm calling it here, BB is retiring, McDaniels will take over as HC and O'Shea will be the O coordinator. BB looked pretty defeated yesterday, maybe he doesn't have it in him any longer. I wonder if there still is a struggle between Kraft and BB over Brady...

BOLD

Don't care what GG said. Rosen himself said he was going to take a little time, and talk it over with his wife. He said it will be a family decision.
No, no lol. Greg Gumble said Fitz wanted to return next year, was having the time of his life in Miami. (paraphrasing). I was replying to someone else.

Hey Mach2? Just realized you said Rosen when you meant Fitz in your first reply to me. I didn't read the entire sentence. My bad . . . a misunderstanding :chuckle:

Last edited:
Come on....Same team but opposite sides of the ball?
Lol...the opposite sides were Boston and Miami...
They didn't sit in meetings together? Conferences? Trips? Outings etc?

So Flores just randomly selects a guy to be his OC that he had no relationship with?
Just a guy he sees across the field?
Hey you! Come and be my OC and we'll see how the relationship thing works out later!

Of course Flores' decision to hire Oshea wasn't random, that's just stupid to even suggest that. Flores was on defense, Oshea on offense, and yes they were in separate meetings, separate decision trees, and separate game strategies. I'm sure they knew each other well and talked shop.....but that's a far cry from being in the same chain of command. I see it all the time in professional workplaces - two sharp guys get along great, then one becomes the boss of the other and its no longer great. Happens all the time. To think relationships don't change when one becomes the boss of the other is naive.

No, no lol. Greg Gumble said Fitz wanted to return next year, was having the time of his life in Miami. (paraphrasing)
Well, if the Gum Ball said it, that's it then....lol.

Actually, I believe Fitz did have fun. He seems like he still loves the hell out of playing, just like a kid. Probably loves the camaraderie with both players and coaches at his age. I would even argue, this has been his best season is several years.

His arm is getting tired, though, and when your mind starts writing checks your body can't cash, it will quickly become not fun anymore.

Does he have another year or two? I would say, by the way he was running for first down and TDs, he does if we can help him a little with a line tgat isn't so seive like.

How do you know he's taking a step back?
How do you know anything at this stage?

I didn't say he did and I don't know anything but:

1. Flores looked in over his head in week one.
  2. Devante Parker was a career underachiever coming into this season.
  3. Devante Parker has blossomed this season.
  4. Flores has looked like he belongs.
These points aren't solely the HC job of Flores. I know the OC has as much, if not much more influence on the improvement of Devate Parker.

I said he doesn't have the luxury of taking a step back. This means exactly what it says, not what you interpret it to mean in your rush to judgement (your statements with question marks at the end do not hide your true intent from me...even though your reply will say something to the effect of "I was just asking a question about blah, blah, blah).

I'll say it again for the people in the cheap seats. Flores make great strides in his coaching, I'm sure that O' Shea contributed to his progress. That said, from where the team was in week 1 to where it is now in week 17...whomever the hire is, Flores doesn't have the luxury next season of pressing the reset button to week 1 of this season because there is a new offense that draftees and UDFA will have to learn..

So... If it was for Schuplinski, why haven't we announced him as the OC?
That's not the professional way to go about this kind of thing.

It is customary, and respectful to wait on an official announcement. At least that's what a class organization does.

Of course Flores' decision to hire Oshea wasn't random, that's just stupid to even suggest that. Flores was on defense, Oshea on offense, and yes they were in separate meetings, separate decision trees, and separate game strategies. I'm sure they knew each other well and talked shop.....but that's a far cry from being in the same chain of command. I see it all the time in professional workplaces - two sharp guys get along great, then one becomes the boss of the other and its no longer great. Happens all the time. To think relationships don't change when one becomes the boss of the other is naive.

Sooooo professionals on different sides of the "isles" don't ever work together?
Therefore their relationship was superficial and based on the occasional conversation here and there?
That's really what you're going with? @Zounds

I'll say it again for the people in the cheap seats. Flores make great strides in his coaching, I'm sure that O' Shea contributed to his progress. That said, from where the team was in week 1 to where it is now in week 17...whomever the hire is, Flores doesn't have the luxury next season of pressing the reset button to week 1 of this season because there is a new offense that draftees and UDFA will have to learn..

The benefit of the cheap seats is that it gives you an opportunity to see the big picture
Sometimes when you're up close you're deep in A$$ and don't know it and wonder why your hand smells like :p4e

Back
Top Bottom