OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday

Lmao!!! Anyone thinking Tua is going to somehow fall different now when getting tackled just because he took some ju jitsu classes is fooling themselves! 🤣
I hope all the stories are correct, but I agree it seems a little “see it too believe it”.
Reading the blitz quicker, better RB blocking, and throwing the ball faster seem more likely to help.

yeah, I think Omar followed an agenda from the paper to be more controversial, so yeah I believe it was all manufactured drama for paper sales.
Wait. What?
The media is dishonest?
That explains a lot.

That's the thing. Of course it's worth trying to help improve. I haven't been knocking him for trying. I'm just saying I don't believe it's going to help for the reasons I've listed before in previous posts. It's not going to help if you get leveled or your blind side or bear hug tackled into the ground by a 300 pound linemen.

It probably wouldn’t be helpful if he was picked up by Roman Reigns and piledriven into the ground, either.

How many of Tua’s concussions were caused by a “bear-hug tackle” from a 300-lb lineman? Any of them?

Nuh uh.

Kind of. I'm saying that I believe his taking ju jitzu will not directly effect whether he gets injured or prevents another injury. If the football God's determine he will be injured he will be. If not, that's the best case for us. These guys all have access to the best sports medicine and training facilities in the world and they still get injured. So to think now that Tua is taking ju jitzu he's somehow solved the problem is foolish.

So why try? Heck, why should Tua even bother with a better helmet?

You’re posing one of the weirdest arguments I’ve seen here. “Football gods” or no, I’m pretty sure retraining oneself in how to fall is pretty ******* relevant when you keep hurting your head by having it bounce off the ground when you fall.

Last edited:
Mr Miyagi Wax GIF

Doing things repeatedly can help, so I think it's great he's learning better techniques. Players will endlessly stand in front of those ball chucking machines to improve catching reflexes. And as was mentioned, it's not 300 pound guys body slamming him, it's a poor combination of falling with a dangling head (please no jokes on that phrase, or the gif, or the other entertainment in the post - control yourselves!).

Kind of. I'm saying that I believe his taking ju jitzu will not directly effect whether he gets injured or prevents another injury. If the football God's determine he will be injured he will be. If not, that's the best case for us. These guys all have access to the best sports medicine and training facilities in the world and they still get injured. So to think now that Tua is taking ju jitzu he's somehow solved the problem is foolish.
Here’s what I believe:
• Football is a violent and chaotic sport that very few play without getting hurt.
• Tua’s collective efforts to improve can help reduce, but likely not eliminate, the risk of future injury.
• He’s putting in the work and hoping for the best; all else is outside his control.

Last edited:
I hope all the stories are correct, but I agree it seems a little “see it too believe it”.
Reading the blitz quicker, better RB blocking, and throwing the ball faster seem more likely to help.

All improvements are good.
Some are better than others.
Ray is Right!

That should take care of it. - LOL

Here’s what I believe:
• Football is a violent and chaotic sport that very few play without getting hurt.
• Tua’s collective efforts to improve can help reduce, but likely not eliminate, the risk of future injury.
• He’s putting in the work and hoping for the best; all else is outside his control.
Exactly. There's no option that will suddenly have him "made by rubbermade". But, through the steps he's taken plus beefing up his body and now changing helmets, those should hopefully be enough to have him avoid those one or two times a year he could have gotten injured. It's not like he was getting hit on every play. But with these steps, could he have landed right those two times last year? That's the question.

Back
Top Bottom