OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday

Most people don’t know how to fall. It’s the first thing you learn in martial arts. I think his hip is fine. He just needs to slide and live to play another play.
I believe it's embedded in us before we were even born, unfortunately some of us forget that

Yes I've taken. No where near an expert in it like you. Muscle memory is something that has to be trained and trained and trained over and over. It's not something your just going to learn in a couple of months, stop training, and all of a sudden keep doing it for the rest of your life, or career in this case. It is something you have to keep working on. I train a lot with weapons. There is a HUGE difference in training, and being in actual situations that you need to use. Muscle memory helps, but it's not 100. Plenty other nerves, adrenaline and other factors play into it.

So no, I don't think it's going to be muscle memory for him yet at this point. Even if it comes to a time where it is, how much will help in the situations I just listed in above post?
Why would he stop training after a few months? I would think he would be working on regularly, incorporated into his schedule

If I could pick 5 plays from my HS football film, I could have been a 3 star recruit. I'm not a fan of showing 'highlights' to prove a guy's ability.
That said, Iggy has all the physical tools. Just can't get the mental part. I don't see a FS, but I'm not VF
That’s right. He doesn’t seem to grasp the game enough to just play fast and allow his athletic gifts to flourish. Thank you for that one to Flores!

While I expect improvement, I don't think it will be this drastic. Maybe go from 28 to 10-14. This team is built to throw and throw down the field. Getting in the 10 to 14 range would be huge IMO.
To follow up, It would be great to run successfully when teams are dropping their LBs into coverage to take away our middle passing game. Like what the Chargers did. Punch them right in the f'in face in game one.

It's not sad, what makes you think when he's got the ability to change how he falls when/if he's bring clobbered/contorted by a 200 plus or 300 plus pound linemen or multiple for that matter. You think he's going to be able to un-bear hug himself and stop these dudes from falling on him? You think he all of a sudden has eyes in the back of his head now and won't get hit from behind or he won't keep his eyes down field step into a pass and get smashed by a huge linebacker?

If so, well, ok...

There are literally multiple people in this thread with experience on the topic. They’ve explained how it should help. Your response is basically "Nuh uh!"

Not sure where to put this but I thought this was very interesting if accurate

Hahaha reminds me of one of those problem solving math questions on a test back in high school, fill in the question mark. If you didnt know the answer, just guess it with the best pattern you could think of. I Wouldve filled in 7 back in the day in this situation lol!!

Hey in the real, id take that any day if we we drastically improved to 7.

Back
Top Bottom