OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday

I think it can't hurt, and training in repetitive physical activities do make reactions more automatic, and quicker. There is no question about that.

The "why is it an argument" is more along the lines of is it worth arguing about?
Add that Tua's better traits is that he learns very quickly and memorizes it. Remember Trent Dilfer saying this.

Yeah when you’ve done it long enough that instinct will kick in. I grew up riding horses and one of the things we were taught from early on was learning how to fall safely. Several years after this training the muscle memory from that helped me avoid breaking my neck on a fall that could’ve been a lot worse. It’ll take more than an off-season to get that drilled into his subconscious, but if he keeps working at it eventually it’ll be second nature.
Next on the list for next off season is Parkour training. Hopefully from Jackie Chan. :chuckle:

While I expect improvement, I don't think it will be this drastic. Maybe go from 28 to 10-14. This team is built to throw and throw down the field. Getting in the 10 to 14 range would be huge IMO.
This stat has nothing to do with yards. It has to do with PFF grade. The 9ers only has a 10 yard bump per game. In 2019 however they jumped another 26 yards per game to over 140. They used a three headed monster of Mostert, Brieda, and Coleman to do it. That being said I could see Mostert, Wilson, and Achane having a similar season. Of our defense plays well and can get us more offensive possessions that’s only 5 more rushes per game.

There are literally multiple people in this thread with experience on the topic. They’ve explained how it should help. Your response is basically "Nuh uh!"
Yeah, ok. How many of those experts tried to use it while playing football in the NFL? Probably none. Your "Nuh uh"!

There’s a history of NFL players using martial arts to improve their performance. For example, Aaron Donald adapts martial arts hand-fighting techniques into his personal training regimen and said it’s quite useful when battling larger opponents.

McDaniel, also, said he likes the principles and plans to incorporate some of Tua’s new training drills into Miami’s practices.

Anything Tua can reasonably do to reduce injury risk is worth exploring.

Last edited:
There’s a history of NFL players using martial arts to improve their performance. For example, Aaron Donald adapts martial arts hand-fighting techniques into his personal training regimen and said it’s quite useful when battling larger opponents.

McDaniel, also, said likes the principles and plans to incorporate some of Tua’s new training drills into Miami’s practices.

Anything Tua can reasonably do to reduce injury risk is worth exploring.
That's the thing. Of course it's worth trying to help improve. I haven't been knocking him for trying. I'm just saying I don't believe it's going to help for the reasons I've listed before in previous posts. It's not going to help if you get leveled or your blind side or bear hug tackled into the ground by a 300 pound linemen.

That's the thing. Of course it's worth trying to help improve. I haven't been knocking him for trying. I'm just saying I don't believe it's going to help for the reasons I've listed before in previous posts. It's not going to help if you get leveled or your blind side or bear hug tackled into the ground by a 300 pound linemen.
The way I read your posts is you agree Tua is taking steps (enhanced training, new helmet, stronger/bigger physique) to improve his chances of staying healthy; but, because those steps may not help in every situation, it’s foolhardy to believe he’ll dodge another injury based on his history.

Is that your point?

I am interested to see if Terron armstead is recovered from that toe
injury.

Just read a linemen for lions played on same injury to toe and now will always be playing in pain because of it. I remember last year first game it happened and he coulda had surgery after game 1 and been out rest of season. But he played through it. I hope he is recovered and no lingering affects. He is needed big time.
Even with a bad toe he's the best we have.

Yes Miami actually drafted the best rb in the draft this year in Devon Achane...
250 carries 1,200 yards 8 tds 40 receptions 300 yards 4 tds

The way I read your posts is you agree Tua is taking steps (enhanced training, new helmet, stronger/bigger physique) to improve his chances of staying healthy; but, because those steps may not help in every situation, it’s foolhardy to believe he’ll dodge another injury based on his history.

Is that your point?

Jive translator. Good job translating. Hat 🎩 off to you kind sir for helping us understand.

1685152794084.jpeg

Is that your point?
Kind of. I'm saying that I believe his taking ju jitzu will not directly effect whether he gets injured or prevents another injury. If the football God's determine he will be injured he will be. If not, that's the best case for us. These guys all have access to the best sports medicine and training facilities in the world and they still get injured. So to think now that Tua is taking ju jitzu he's somehow solved the problem is foolish.

Kind of. I'm saying that I believe his taking ju jitzu will not directly effect whether he gets injured or prevents another injury. If the football God's determine he will be injured he will be. If not, that's the best case for us. These guys all have access to the best sports medicine and training facilities in the world and they still get injured. So to think now that Tua is taking ju jitzu he's somehow solved the problem is foolish.
Completely disagree

This is not fate

Back
Top Bottom