OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OTA THREAD Team OTAs Start Today Open To Reporters On Tuesday

What portion of the argument are you arguing against/for?
I think it could very well help. It can't hurt. Actions, such as self protection, can become a matter of reflex when practiced. Basic close quarter combat training is an example of this.

My question was is this really worth argueing about?

I think it could very well help. It can't hurt. Actions, such as self protection, can become a matter of reflex when practiced. Basic close quarter combat training is an example of this.

My question was is this really worth argueing about?
Is it worth arguing about if it's worth arguing about?

Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

I took judo as a kid and we drilled falls constantly. I've also both studied and/or taught various MA for years. While muscle memory in a fight can take years to learn, the fall techniques we drilled were quick to become automatic. In fact, after the first month or so I can't recall ever "thinking" about how to fall. It just became instinctual. I believe that those instincts were a big reason why I never broke any bones despite being a fairly reckless kid.

In terms of football applicability, I feel that the one fall technique that is most applicable will be automatically tucking your chin so your head doesn't smack the turf. In my experience that's something that becomes automatic pretty quickly. I have no trouble believing that Tua could have that muscle memory ingrained in a few months of training. It would depend on the training of course, but judo and jujitsu classes I've seen tend to do those fall drills daily.

Really like hearing that it's going to be a competitive wr room with chosen, ezukanma, and berries. With the talent here I'd love to see more 4 wr sets with achane able to run routes anywhere as well. Ultimate mismatches for McDaniels.

Really like hearing that it's going to be a competitive wr room with chosen, ezukanma, and berries. With the talent here I'd love to see more 4 wr sets with achane able to run routes anywhere as well. Ultimate mismatches for McDaniels.
At this stage … I think we carry 6 and the last spot comes down to Chosen or Cracraft.

Im pretty sure he was done with us. He left for the "I am athlete" but the athletes B Marsh, Fred Taylor, Channing Crowder all had a big falling out and went their own ways. I guess he must've been left without a job when the important people broke up. But yeah he was done with the site. Even earlier this year Tua was surprised to see him again in the media room since he was no longer a Fins beat writer.

Ill be honest though, once he quit covering the fins he was a million times more bearable to read and follow. It was like he had intelligent comments instead of bait able headlines
yeah, I think Omar followed an agenda from the paper to be more controversial, so yeah I believe it was all manufactured drama for paper sales.

I took judo as a kid and we drilled falls constantly. I've also both studied and/or taught various MA for years. While muscle memory in a fight can take years to learn, the fall techniques we drilled were quick to become automatic. In fact, after the first month or so I can't recall ever "thinking" about how to fall. It just became instinctual. I believe that those instincts were a big reason why I never broke any bones despite being a fairly reckless kid.

In terms of football applicability, I feel that the one fall technique that is most applicable will be automatically tucking your chin so your head doesn't smack the turf. In my experience that's something that becomes automatic pretty quickly. I have no trouble believing that Tua could have that muscle memory ingrained in a few months of training. It would depend on the training of course, but judo and jujitsu classes I've seen tend to do those fall drills daily.
Yeah when you’ve done it long enough that instinct will kick in. I grew up riding horses and one of the things we were taught from early on was learning how to fall safely. Several years after this training the muscle memory from that helped me avoid breaking my neck on a fall that could’ve been a lot worse. It’ll take more than an off-season to get that drilled into his subconscious, but if he keeps working at it eventually it’ll be second nature.

Back
Top Bottom