Our 1st & 3rd For Dallas' Two 1st

Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles - New York
Just heard on LA radio we'd like to trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for Dallas' two 1st round picks (11 & 20 -- I believe.) Not sure if this is news outside of LA -- and forgive me if it's been posted.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
They would be getting the better end of the deal.
 

pwn3dyo

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
0
Location
MI
i think everyone would do that, but who would dallas want to take with the #2?
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
They'd get the better end of the deal by the value chart. Big deal that's OVERRATED.
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
UncleJamFinFan said:
Just heard on LA radio we'd like to trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for Dallas' two 1st round picks (11 & 20 -- I believe.) Not sure if this is news outside of LA -- and forgive me if it's been posted.
Let me add some wood to this fire. I read this same thing on a Chargers board(I don't remember why they posted it. :confused: ). I didn't post it here because I just figured it was some poster trying to create trouble. Maybe this has some legs. However, we would get robbed on this trade. It would be more fair if it was our 2nd pick for their two 1st rounders, with no extra 3rd rounder.
 

lilrick11

Rookie
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
yea right

If this deal includes us gving our 1st AND 3rd then they are getting the better end of the deal id do theyre 2 first rounders for our #2 pick
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
lilrick11 said:
If this deal includes us gving our 1st AND 3rd then they are getting the better end of the deal id do theyre 2 first rounders for our #2 pick
I frankly don't care about that third rounder. We'll recoupe it somehow, whether that includes trading down from the 20 or not. It really doesn't matter. We aren't getting perfect draft value this year from the draft value chart.
 

dj911

Scout Team
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
if we could trade down with tampa grab there 2nd round that would be the best trade
 

canesfins13

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
109
Age
45
Location
Nassau, Bahamas
this year is an odd draft where there is not a substance of top tier talent so a trade likely will not be according to the so called "value charts".
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Philly is also another easy trade down. It really doesn't matter, we'll recoup 3rd rounder, plus we'll have the 2nd hopefully for Surtain.
 

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
1,508
Reaction score
49
Age
46
Instead of a third-round pick, we can always throw in a player. I know Dallas has needed a corner in the past, so dare I say Surtain????? :hide:
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
canesfins13 said:
this year is an odd draft where there is not a substance of top tier talent so a trade likely will not be according to the so called "value charts".
True, but even with the trade chart Dallas would get the better end of the deal just swapping 1st rounders with us.

2nd pick = 2600
11th pick = 1250
20th pick = 850

Dolphins get: 2100
Cowboys Get: 2600

Now if you throw in the 3rd rounder we are even deeper in debt.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Nublar7 said:
True, but even with the trade chart Dallas would get the better end of the deal just swapping 1st rounders with us.

2nd pick = 2600
11th pick = 1250
20th pick = 850

Dolphins get: 2100
Cowboys Get: 2600

Now if you throw in the 3rd rounder we are even deeper in debt.
Ask yourself though. What's so important about that stupid chart? Frankly I hate it, I wish it never came out.

Miami should do what's best for its draft and doing this deal is best. There is a good chance we'll get Cedric Benson, Marcus Spears, Barron, or Pac-Man Jones at the 11th overall pick. At 20 we can trade down, and recoup that insignificant third rounder.
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
38
Location
SO CAL
I'd want a player thrown in on that deal. Someone like RB Rashard Lee (Sp?) or a young OL up and comer.
 
Top Bottom