Our "defense" isn't old!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our "defense" isn't old!!!

Dude...what are you talking about. We are way under 18 mil under the cap. Do your homework. You cannot take the projected cap number as it is today and call that our cap when FA starts. Thats ludicrous. A couple of guys taking up nearly 20 mil in cap space will be cut, restructured, etc, and our cap room will be plenty to get players.

Now if I am those guys, I don't know that I would want to come here, but you never know.

As of today that is the cap number. So that is what I am talking about.

Yes I know it most likely will increase, I think best case you will be around 24-28 under.

Even if it is there you still have 1/3rd of your roster entering some sort of FA.

So given that it will leave room for one big name if you want to pay for that one name and tie alot of cap up. All I was saying

:rolleyes:

he's here because he is a fan of one of our rivals. I like having Bills, Jets, and Pats fans here (as long as they're not just trolling) because it adds some variety to the discussions.

Appreciate it. I try my best to add to discussions rather than detract.

At least here I can get a good conversation going unlike the Jets or Pats boards

Whats your deal? Bragging between the Bills and Fins is like bragging at the special olympics. Please don't make me explain this to you.

No need to explain I know. But when you call my team no talent I will fight back is all. I was just trying to add to a conversation and got slammed with a no talent team comment so I went on the defensive here

Totally untrue. I tell the truth. The truth right now about the Fins is they aren't very good. You can deny it. You can hate me for it. But its true.

You bashed me when I told the truth about Saban...now your bashing him. Others bashed me when I told the truth about Wannstedt...now EVERYONE bashes him. People didn't like me when I told them JJ was doomed to fail. But guess what? It was true.

I think the Bills fan here crowing about the Bills success is ludicrous. Its like two fat ugly highschool girls that don't get invited to prom arguing about whose better. It doesn't matter. Both franchises are pathetic right now.

Again I was defending my team on a no talent comment. That is all. I was not praising my team until that comment. I was just trying to give you some "outside" views of why people say your defense is old.

Uh...I didn't think he would be fired. I said repeatedly that WH wouldn't fire him. I said he should be fired. Get your facts straight so you don't continuously embearass yourself.

Let me ask you...Do you wish Saban were still coaching this team, knowing know what you know about him, and what I knew about him all along?

Uh, I am the worst fan because I covet other teams players? Yeah, I covet the teams who are in the playoffs players. You know why? Because if we had them, we might be in the playoffs. Wanting better for the Fins makes me a bad fan?

As for loyalty to the franchise or players....I don't know what that means. If they do well, I support them. If they don't do well, I don't support them. I am not caught up in meaningless stats and records if thats what you mean. Maybe that makes me a bad fan. I don't know.

I am a true fan and I am a realist.

I am not a narcissistic pessimist. I am a dyslexic agnostic insomniac. Just last night I stayed up all night long wondering if there was a Dog. :wink:

Come on brother, calm down. This isn't about me. Its about the Fins. I want them to win. And its frustrating when other fans can't even come to call this team "OLD" on the Dline. Its absurdity. But at least its talking football when there is little else to talk about.

I'll pass your pity on to my wife. She'll appreciate it!:goof:

PS...If you look at Jim Haslett's record as HC before last year, its not bad. Now last year he went 3-13, but I'd say that any coach who went thru what his team did in New Orleans, with the challenges their players and families faced, would be hard pressed to do better. He faced unthinkable and unimaginable circumstances. 16 road games. Families uprooted. No stability. Practicing in San Antonio, playing in Baton Rouge. Nobody knew where they were going to be next year. And he never complained. He kept pushing. I think thats a credit to him, not a curse. He'll be back one day and I wish him great success. Some (like our glorious Nick Saban) might have quit on the team when the going go that tough.

You know, I have to give it to you. You are a fairly gifted writer. I'm guessing a legal background, maybe poly sci??? You could probably get yourself out of a traffic ticket of you caught on tape by new chopper 10 going 90 with a train of police following you. You would weave one of your tapestries of tangents so that some poor simpleton would wind up dazed and drooling. The only thing is that it is merely smoke and mirrors. Your views are illusionist at best because the lack any real "meat" to objectively defend them. You are right simply because you say so. And that's that. You're right and anybody who dares disagree with you is wrong just because. Although, when you actually do offer supportive evidence, it is circumstantial to benefit you e.i. your Haslett argument.

Then there's that paragraph above that is such a tremendous definition of a fair weather fan, you should send it into Webster's Dictionary. You, in one of your myriads, outed yourself as akin to one of those guys who buys a new hat and jersey of each year's Super Bowl winner. Ya that's the company your position keeps. Shameful to most.

Last but not least is the anonymity. You come here and force feed your opinion to the unknown masses. You dismiss any real queries that poke holes in your theories and predictions. We're just reaching or in a fantasy world if we disagree right? Well, we're obviously on opposite ends of the spectrum. You support the Dolphins only when they're good, and I support them regardless. The main difference is I'm not so conceded to attempt to make everyone else here view things my way.

So while I know this is a back handed compliment, I do congratulate your composing skills nevertheless.

In general, I agree, although Big Daddy will likely get cut and one of the young guys will hopefully step up in his place. It drives me crazy when I see people wanting to spend picks on our Dline in this draft in the early rounds. Our D line is one of the best in the league full stop and will be for awhile. Christ, spend the picks on the O-line! Or at QB or even Corner back or linebacker if you're going defense, but our Dline is solid. A rookie first round pick would have a hard time even getting starting time on the D-line. Sheesh...:shakeno:

Why do you think Big Daddy will be cut? I'm not disputing what you're saying. Just wondering if you know something I don't. What was the extent of his calf injury?

Wilkinson is younger than Zgonina and Traylor.
He makes the same $$ as Traylor.
Zgonina makes a little less, but Wilkinson is worth the extra $45,000.
Wouldn't you cut Z or KT before Big Daddy?

Totally agree. The young guys are almost all unproven. Crowder being the exception. Vickerson, Evans, Wright, Allen (please stop the Polamalu comparisons) all got little or no time to prove anything this year. There is nothing they have done that tells me that can play consistantly well. Crowder is the exception and will be good for years to come. Roth didn't play a ton but I think he will be a solid contributor. I don't see the future JT with him but I think he can do well playing opposite another great player ala JT.

I'm not saying that some of these guys won't help us but its tough to have confidence in anyone you really haven't seen play. It clear that Saban AND Capers didn't feel these guys was good enough to play ahead of the likes of Zgonia and Hill which you should be a little concerning.

You're right.

It's hard to get hyped about Evans and Wright. But I have high hopes for them. Not that they'll be Pro-Bowlers or anything like that. Just hoping one or both of them is good enough to become a fixture in our starting lineup for many years.

Vickerson really needs to step up his 3rd year if he wants to stick around.

Crowder keeps getting better and better. Of all our young guys, he has the most potential to become a future Pro Bowler.

And what can I say about Matt Roth? The jury is still out. He might break out in a year or two. Or he might not. Could go either way. Personally, I think you're right. I don't see him becoming the next JT. But then, I didn't see JT becoming the next JT until about 5 years into his career.

BTW, the reason Jason Allen gets compared to Polamalu (by Dolfans only) is because Polamalu didn't break out until his 2nd season. That's the hope with Jason Allen. It could happen. It might not. But it could. Who knows? I think I'll wait and see. Been a fan all my life, so I'm not going anywhere.

You know, I have to give it to you. You are a fairly gifted writer. I'm guessing a legal background, maybe poly sci??? You could probably get yourself out of a traffic ticket of you caught on tape by new chopper 10 going 90 with a train of police following you. You would weave one of your tapestries of tangents so that some poor simpleton would wind up dazed and drooling. The only thing is that it is merely smoke and mirrors. Your views are illusionist at best because the lack any real "meat" to objectively defend them. You are right simply because you say so. And that's that. You're right and anybody who dares disagree with you is wrong just because. Although, when you actually do offer supportive evidence, it is circumstantial to benefit you e.i. your Haslett argument.

Then there's that paragraph above that is such a tremendous definition of a fair weather fan, you should send it into Webster's Dictionary. You, in one of your myriads, outed yourself as akin to one of those guys who buys a new hat and jersey of each year's Super Bowl winner. Ya that's the company your position keeps. Shameful to most.

Last but not least is the anonymity. You come here and force feed your opinion to the unknown masses. You dismiss any real queries that poke holes in your theories and predictions. We're just reaching or in a fantasy world if we disagree right? Well, we're obviously on opposite ends of the spectrum. You support the Dolphins only when they're good, and I support them regardless. The main difference is I'm not so conceded to attempt to make everyone else here view things my way.

So while I know this is a back handed compliment, I do congratulate your composing skills nevertheless.

Wow. Nice post.

Again I was defending my team on a no talent comment. That is all. I was not praising my team until that comment. I was just trying to give you some "outside" views of why people say your defense is old.

That one wasn't directed at you.

The Indy game and Jets game didn't matter. We can play this game...the first Buffalo game was on the offense...the Houston game....C-peps two INT's in the Pitt game buried us.

Here are some numbers: 21, 16, 17, 20, 20, 21, 13. Those are the points allowed by our defense in games where we turned it over 3 times or more. That's 6 losses. If we had a competent offense we win ALL of those games.

is it too much to ask to score 21 points? ANd you want to blame the defense? Nevermind that every single win we got this year was because of our defense.

That is a fact. If we had an offense that score 21 points a game...we are 13-3. That tells me that we have a very good defense. Thus the ranking.

Again...you want to blame the defense for our record? In a way you are right...it was because of them that we won any games at all.

I think 17 is the magic number. If we gave up 17 points, we can expect to win. More than that, no.

Thanks for the back"slap"..but anyway...

When I say "support", I wasn't talking about rooting for the Fins. I want the Fins to win EVERY game EVERY year and have now for 36 years.

I am talking about saying this guy is good, or this team is good, or that coach is good. If a player or coach is good, I support them staying on the Fins, if they aren't good, I don't support them staying in Miami.

When I was criticizing Saban, many people were taking it personally like I wanted him to fail. And IMO, he was failing already, which is I was was critical of him.

If we get a young coach (J. Mora, M. Tomlin), I'd be much more patient. I knew Saban was 56 years old. I knew he wasn't going to be around for 10 years. He had 5 maybe 6 years. And two of them were wasted. Thats 33-40% gone, time we can't get back.

If Tomlin comes in, and we really rebuild this team, I'll be his biggest supporter and use all of my skill as a "gifted writer" to urge everyone to be patient, to give him time, and let this thing build.

But just understand, I don't root against the Fins...EVER. I have a tatoo of the logo on my leg, I have countless caps, countless jerseys, coffee cups, key chains....

Anyone who spends anytime around me knows I have Boxers, I am Catholic, and I love the Dolphins. Those things stand out about me if you could get to know me. But my passion is for success, not to merely stand up and try. I want them to succeed. And I give my opinions on what that will take.

BTW, I am not a lawyer or poli sci...I am a chef. Imagine that! :goof:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thomas, Zach [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]LB [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]5-11 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]228 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]9/1/73[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Spragan, Donnie [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]LB [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-3 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]242 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]7/12/76[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Zgonina, Jeff [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DT [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-2 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]290 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]5/24/70 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Holliday, Vonnie [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DT [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-5 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]288 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]12/11/75[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Carter, Kevin [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DE [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-6 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]305 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]9/21/73[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Taylor, Jason [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DE [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-6 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]255 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helevetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]9/1/74 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Traylor, Keith (Injured Reserve)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DT[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-2[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]337[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]9/3/69[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Wilkinson, Dan (Injured Reserve)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DT[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6-4[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]340[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3/13/73[/SIZE][/FONT]
The average age here is 30 and they are almost all starters....

Back
Top Bottom