Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

For us to get a top 3 pick from the Texans they will have to lose Watson EARLY and lose their locker room earlier than that. Not happening... The pick from them will be somewhere in the range of 10 - 18 if I was to guess.

Unless Watson gets hurt, they still have a good shot at winning their division. Both the Colts and Titans are certainly beatable. I'd expect both Henry and Tanne to regress.

houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick. I know it's early but what do we do in that scenario? Some would want us to move back and get more picks if we're sitting at a place where Fields or Lawrence can still be obtained. Crazy.
So This team with Watson, Tunsil and Watts (to start) is wose than Miami last year?

So This team with Watson, Tunsil and Watts (to start) is wose than Miami last year?
Look at their schedule. It's Murderer's Row and most of their offensive success was tied to a WR they no longer have who they replaced with a multiple concussion WR who has been regressing since his time with the Saints. They could go 10-6 but the point is they could also have substantial fall off.

I don't expect to get a top 5 or even top 10 pick from the Texans, but I have this feeling the Texans are going to fall hard on their face this year without Hopkins.

It's just a feeling, and probably extremely wrong, but it's what I have been feeling since that trade.

Look at their schedule. It's Murderer's Row and most of their offensive success was tied to a WR they no longer have who they replaced with a multiple concussion WR who has been regressing since his time with the Saints. They could go 10-6 but the point is they could also have substantial fall off.
so their success was not tied to Watson, who is 24-25 years old?
hmm, interesting. Hopkins actually had 11 less receptions and 407 yards, less, while also having 4 fewer TD's. Watson was relatively flat. David Johnson is a pass-catching back, should make up for production. Their WR's are Cooks, Cobb, Fuller and Stills. You think they win 3 games?

Bill O'brien is one of the worst coaches in the league. And Watson hasnt been above injury. Not saying its not gonna happen but I wouldnt necessary be surprised either. O'brien might have caused a **** storm as well with his personnel decisions.

so their success was not tied to Watson, who is 24-25 years old?
hmm, interesting. Hopkins actually had 11 less receptions and 407 yards, less, while also having 4 fewer TD's. Watson was relatively flat. David Johnson is a pass-catching back, should make up for production. Their WR's are Cooks, Cobb, Fuller and Stills. You think they win 3 games?
Possibly, yes. As such I posted this thread. However if you feel different perhaps you should start your own. Johnson had 345 yds rushing last year and 370 receiving. He wasn't dynamic and like Cooks is not consistent year to year. So it's a crapshoot with a lunatic running the team as well. Who knows. I guess I could not post a thread and we could just all stare at the wall until training camp....

Possibly, yes. As such I posted this thread. However if you feel different perhaps you should start your own. Johnson had 345 yds rushing last year and 370 receiving. He wasn't dynamic and like Cooks is not consistent year to year. So it's a crapshoot with a lunatic running the team as well. Who knows. I guess I could not post a thread and we could just all stare at the wall until training camp....
so you can't really reconcile Watson being a top tier qb and the Texans going 3-13?

Houston will make playoff. There still one of best team in afc..

Going through their schedule I see them winning between 6 and 8 games. So their pick will probably be somewhere between 8 and 15.

Most of their offensive success is tied to Watson. Cooks did not regress at all, he was concussed last year. His previous year with Rams was excellent. The OP was that they could finish bottom three which would entail a 3 win or so season. Are there a lot of issues on this team tied to injury history? Oh yeah. But even still it’s not a bad team so long as Watson is healthy and someone other than O’Brien decides when to take fourth quarter timeouts and when to punt.

houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick.

Pretty close prediction. Only 1 game off. But still top 3.

Well done, my friend!

I disagree. HOU just isn’t that good.

I agree that losing Watson would cause a travesty for them. They very well could be the worst team in the league w/o him.

But even with him, I can still see a bottom 10 team.

^^ I also tried to convince others they weren’t very good, but to no avail......

There are a lot of defiant replies and utter certainty throughout this thread. And Watson didn’t even miss any time. So even I overrated them a tad.

Well, it’s “officially” #3 now. Time for many of you to re-evaluate everything you were so certain about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom