Our Starting WR's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Starting WR's

Whitedolphin54 said:
I think we will see a lot more three reciever sets this year-- I would like to see them mix and match more if Boston comes good again--i still think a lot will rely on whether the O Line gives AJ time to pass the ball

I think EVERYTHING depends on the OLines ability to protect the QB. A lot of the pressure should be taken off the OLine with Ronnie and Ricky though.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
I think EVERYTHING depends on the OLines ability to protect the QB. A lot of the pressure should be taken off the OLine with Ronnie and Ricky though.

Ricky aint back yet

Omaha_Dolfan said:
I agree completely about not caring who the number 1,2, or 3 recievers are by name. I think they are going to cause problems for a lot of secondaries.

As for the this is Chambers year have been hearing that for the last 3 years, I think Chambers in the slot could put him back in the situation he was in his Rookie year where he really produced his best.

time will tell, we'll c........and they mos deff. will cause many problems for secondaries

i'm sorry.... but putting Booker before Chambers is sacriledge... i've never looked at Booker as a game-breaker...

giving away a premier pass rusher like Ogunleye for Booker was the worst move Wannstedt made (among many). .... the guy didn't even wanna come here...

PressCoverage said:
i'm sorry.... but putting Booker before Chambers is sacriledge... i've never looked at Booker as a game-breaker...

giving away a premier pass rusher like Ogunleye for Booker was the worst move Wannstedt made (among many). .... the guy didn't even wanna come here...

Why is it sacriledge? I mean, dont get me wrong, but what has Chambers showed us? That he has the potential to be a great WR. I dont think anyone on the board thinks that he can not become a great reciever, but is he one now? No. He makes some great catches, but doesnt get seperation like he should and isnt as consistant as he should be.

Booker is an outstanding reciever who runs very good routes with outstanding hands. He reminds me kind of a Nat Moore kind of reciever, not super fast but fast enought tol burn you when you arent paying attention.

RoninFin4 said:
I think either way you look at it, Chambers playing in the slot caused mismatches when we had Gadsden and McKnight starting early in Chambers' career, I'd also think a receiver as big as Boston in the slot would cause problems, not to mention having McMichael at TE. And if we go with a 3 WR set to start, that would be, hoping Boston plays to his full potential, one of the more dangerous sets of WRs in the league, but I'd still give the nod to Chambers and Booker as 1 and 2.

:yeahthat: Boston would be good in the slot, I just hope he can knock people around like his old self.

ohall said:
You've got to remember Saban has no ties to CC. He will promote and push the players he feels are the best for the team. Not saying CC won't be that guy. But CC had better understand he has yet to live up to his potential and maybe a smart HC could demote him to get the proper response from that young talented under achieving WR.

If anything Boston has stronger ties to Saban than CC does. I would not rule out CC get demoted in the hopes it would motivate and make the kid get angry for once.

He just seems way too nice for a WR.
Good post. I expect Chambers, Booker, and Boston to all to get a lot of playing time. Hell, there's even a chance we could start all 3. But if we go with starting two WR's, I agree there's no guarentee it will be Chambers just because he was #1 for us, but it will be the two WR's who perform best for us and Saban feels should be starting. My honest guess is... that Chambers and Booker will be starting for us.

PressCoverage said:

What did Ogunleye do last year? Booker was solid at the very least when we started to throw to him.

ohall said:
You've got to remember Saban has no ties to CC. He will promote and push the players he feels are the best for the team. Not saying CC won't be that guy. But CC had better understand he has yet to live up to his potential and maybe a smart HC could demote him to get the proper response from that young talented under achieving WR.

If anything Boston has stronger ties to Saban than CC does. I would not rule out CC get demoted in the hopes it would motivate and make the kid get angry for once.

He just seems way too nice for a WR.
Good point, make sense.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see a healthy Boston become our go-to guy. Hey, if Boston can stay healthy......he could easily be the #1 guy, and he should easily beat out Marty Booker if healthy. Obviously in this case, health is a huge issue though. I think at the end of August, our WR's will look like this:

1.Chambers
2.Boston
3.Booker

I don't know, I'm not exactly getting my hopes up with Boston. I just think the guy is out to prove something and he's finally gonna get serious.

I think one thing we keep throwing out there is that M. Booker is only a possesion receiver. I think he's more than that. M. Booker can also be a deep threat..So that's potentially 3 Deep threats on the field; plus Randy Mac and R. Brown..

PressCoverage said:

He wanted to come here. He just didn't like the fact that the team told him he would stay and then they traded him. He didn't like coming to a new place without his family. Booker has been to the pro bowl. Can you say the same about Chambers? Chambers doesn't even know what 1,000 yards is yet.

true....potential.....but then again winning will increase his play and attitude

Back
Top Bottom