Outgained 415-175 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Outgained 415-175

allen outplayed tannehill . oh and we got the goo goo roo coach.
Not a chance.

Allen scrambled like a madman (and was effective), but Tannehill singlehandedly won this game today despite no protection and no rushing attack.

Three TDs one pick on a deep pass to Stills.

I will take our QBs performance over theirs all day every day.

Last edited:
We have a strong roster, especialy when healthy, outside of the OL and DL.

We get controlled at the LOS and still win?

Let's build on what we do right for once.

How hard is it to draft 4 OL? Cue the bad draft police

I have said it many times but I truly believe the Dolphins need to scour the earth and pay whatever it takes to hire some scouts who have proven that they have the skill to spot talent for NFL level offensive linemen. It is really sad when the team resorts to signing and trading for older players because they are unable to find decent young offensive line talent. Jake Brendel has looked decent. Jesse Davis looked good last season and at times this season however it looks like he has regressed. Tunsil and James were 1st round picks. No one else on the O-line really stands out in a positive way. I know the constant shuffling along the line mainly due to injuries is not helping the cohesion of the unit. However having to start old untalented players like Ted Larsen is disappointing. Anyone else also question the coaching ability of Jeremiah Washburn?

I have said it many times but I truly believe the Dolphins need to scour the earth and pay whatever it takes to hire some scouts who have proven that they have the skill to spot talent for NFL level offensive linemen. It is really sad when the team resorts to signing and trading for older players because they are unable to find decent young offensive line talent. Jake Brendel has looked decent. Jesse Davis looked good last season and at times this season however it looks like he has regressed. Tunsil and James were 1st round picks. No one else on the O-line really stands out in a positive way. I know the constant shuffling along the line mainly due to injuries is not helping the cohesion of the unit. However having to start old untalented players like Ted Larsen is disappointing. Anyone else also question the coaching ability of Jeremiah Washburn?
You mean have get scouts that will go to Macy’s for talent instead of Goodwill?

I dunno 3TD passes on 137 yards is peettt efficient QB play. Problem is lack on consistency. Seems where 3 and out or TD drive. Sustained offense is rare.

Consistency starts with the offensive line, and the interior line is not performing. Also, the blocking is weak from the TE group. O’lear Is doing ok, but he still has a way to go to be starting quality. Gesicki had two blocks which were good enough, so that is a little progress. Not much, but a little. I actually have a little hope that we might have a above average group next year with growth from Davis, Brendel, and the TEs.

Yeah the Dolphins were outplayed. Turnovers and big plays on special teams is why they won. Once again this team looked unprepared. They had no answer for Josh Allen's mobility. It was disgusting to watch. On offense Gase's play calling once again left you scratching your head. While the play of the O-line, especially the guards was beyond awful. I would love to see this team turn the corner but there is nothing to make me believe that they will.

You are absolutely right my friend. This season feels like Gase's first year where we were riddled by injuries and limped into the playoffs only to get Hulk Smashed by the Steelers. I want to be optimistic... but it's bad, so bad it looks like they just don't have the ability to turn the corner. What's sad is, I think it comes down to coaching in the end. We're talented enough, just aren't disciplined and we refuse to play smart football throughout the course of the game.

Consistency starts with the offensive line, and the interior line is not performing. Also, the blocking is weak from the TE group. O’lear Is doing ok, but he still has a way to go to be starting quality. Gesicki had two blocks which were good enough, so that is a little progress. Not much, but a little. I actually have a little hope that we might have a above average group next year with growth from Davis, Brendel, and the TEs.

I agree, the blocking is pathetic. I wonder why we keep putting Gesicki I’m that position when we have better options. We’re literally using a known receiving TE, who’s not even good at that, as primarily a blocking TE. I think they need to can this once Derby can be active.

You mean have get scouts that will go to Macy’s for talent instead of Goodwill?

Something like that. Most other teams don't seem to have this hard a time fielding a competent offensive line even when dealing with multiple injuries. Teams like the Patriots and Steelers seem to be able to field decent O-lines every season. Something is not right with the Dolphins whether it be the scouts, GM or coaching.

I was well aware of the stats and how lopsided it was. Pre internet I always charted games. Now I occasionally do that for old times sake but most often I'll keep a browser window opening as the numbers compile.

Adam Gase has a strange ongoing tendency to win games he shouldn't win...overwhelmingly at home.

It's one reason I'm not keen on getting rid of him. This has happened so frequently there has to be some variable involved, even if it isn't obvious.

Well, the special teams superiority. That is obvious. Not nearly enough is made of it here. And it would be even better if Grant were still healthy. Right now it is incredible that we are still dominating special teams even though our return game is mostly neutered.

I saw posts here tonight matter of factly stating we should be 8-4. Hilarious how that works on fan sites. Our stats in one relevant category after another scream that we shouldn't be .500. But any victory is taken for granted -- no matter how it happened -- while the games that got away are insisted as rightful success stories. We deserved that Bengals win and Colts win. That late stuff against the Raiders and the Bears and the Bills...that was always going to happen. All those opponent turnovers inside our 5 yard line. We caused every one of them. Opposing field goal kickers continue to miss at absurd dependability but there's nothing to look it. Tannehill's potential interceptions are dropped as often as not but that is standard fare.

The good thing about these Gase Dolphins is that when we trail at home in the 4th quarter you can almost guarantee we are not finished scoring. We seem to save our best play calls for those drives. Once Buffalo took the lead 17-14 I was exceptionally confident we would score on the next possession. Granted, that drive was jumpstarted by penalty on a lob to Gesicki on a play that probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but good things happen when you risk downfield.

It crossed my mind a few minutes after the game that if Charles Clay caught that ball Burke would probably have been fired today.

Offensive Guru Adam Gase.

At one point deep into the third quarter we had a total of 17 second half yards. Think that was in three possessions.

Best 3 & Out duo in the NFL at HC/QB.
I belive it was minus 11 yards after 4 series. He gets too comfortable with a lead and doesn’t stay aggressive like when he calls vertically on TD drives. That’s when he is at his best. He sees what the other teams try to do and puts together good calls but guess what, the other team makes adjustments but he won’t! It’s so frustrating. The Guru actually holds his O back. Honestly when there are 8-9 guys stacked in the box he commits to running and from what it sounds like doesn’t offer a substitute play if the D is staked for what he calls. I mean geez, play action those situations and get the LB’s to bite and our reciever only has to beat 1 guy on a slant and it’s off to the races.

This idiot insists on his guys executing the play that is called and it leads to disasters. He is too egotistical to make adjustments and believes he is so smart it’s going to work. We could be so much better if we stoped trying to dictate and played situational football! What an idea, keep the other team off balance. Not Gase, old horse, old tricks.

It crossed my mind a few minutes after the game that if Charles Clay caught that ball Burke would probably have been fired today.
The "he really came back to haunt us" nonsense would have been unbearable around here all week!

Back
Top Bottom