Over Rated Eagles? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over Rated Eagles?

You have no facts. The fact is the eagles are the hottest team in the NFC and are in first place.

"And you beat the Pennington-less Jets and beat the Ravens, but who else?"

we havent beat anyone of consequence... i never said we have. but neither have i made the claim of being the best in the AFC or the best at anything. you just stated the Eagles are the best in the NFC. i think with a resurgent Marshall Faulk, the best team in the NFC is the Rams, at this point. but that is my opinion and it is entirely subjective. again, i think it is an evenly matched game. in fact i think the two franchises mirror each other in recent years in that theyve both had high expectations, and no SuperBowl appearances.

Here's a fact for you boss,

"The leading back in the NFL is not really Jamal Lewis or Deuce McAllister or even Priest Holmes. Instead, it's the Eagles Three-Headed Monster of running backs -- Staley, Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter -- who have combined for what would be a league high 22 touchdowns and 2,018 total yards from scrimmage for the 10-3 Eagles."

Taken from http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1682109

That's the new strength of our team. Best cover LB covers who? one of our 2 tightends or the speedy westbrook? That is the main reason for lack of WR production.

Originally posted by Jgigs
You have no facts. The fact is the eagles are the hottest team in the NFC and are in first place.

No No, they are perfect, they are the best team ever! You are so right! <sarcasm>

Here's a fact for you boss,

&quot;The leading back in the NFL is not really Jamal Lewis or Deuce McAllister or even Priest Holmes. Instead, it's the Eagles Three-Headed Monster of running backs -- Staley, Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter -- who have combined for what would be a league high 22 touchdowns and 2,018 total yards from scrimmage for the 10-3 Eagles.&quot;

Taken from http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1682109

Oh wonderful.... Great, they are the best...

How are the recievers on the best team in the NFC?

I don't think the defense who is 3rd against the run giving up 88.1 yards on the ground and only 7 rushing td's has any shot in hell against that "Three headed monster"

Originally posted by Emskirch

I don't think the defense who is 3rd against the run giving up 88.1 yards on the ground and only 7 rushing td's has any shot in hell against that &quot;Three headed monster&quot;

It not the recievers that matter, it's the guy delivering the ball

INT thrown
Phins 15 INT tied # 12

Eagles 8 INT tied # 31

I don't think the defense who is 3rd against the run giving up 88.1 yards on the ground and only 7 rushing td's has any shot in hell against that &quot;Three headed monster&quot;

Laugh, you're a clown.. :goof: It's obvious that the receivers are the Eagles weakest link on the offense. Then again, that's what makes this offense hard for defense to figure out. Each week it seems 8, 10, 9, 9 different ppl catch the ball. It's very hard to focus on one guy other than the one throwing it. But, it seems when plays need to happen one WR steps up. We def have an unorthodox style of offense.

And as you guys love to mention. The Cowboys said the same this.:lol:

Originally posted by wileydawg

It not the recievers that matter, it's the guy delivering the ball

INT thrown
Phins 15 INT tied # 12

Eagles 8 INT tied # 31

I can't wait until Monday Night. This will be fun.... :lol:

Its not the recievers when you are throwing dump offs and screens, you really can't be shown to be an overrated qb.

Fiedler 9 games: 9 TD's 9 INT 1500+ yards. 73.8 rating

McNabb 13 games: 12 TD 9 INT 2500+ yards 77.2 rating

Neither one of these QB's are doing squat this year.

Neither guy should be going to the pro bowl thats for sure.

Its not the recievers when you are throwing dump offs and screens, you really can't be shown to be an overrated qb.

Mess'n with the wrong stat guy LOL

Throws over 20 + yards (surprise surprise Gomer)

Eagles 34
Phins 31

Throws over 40

Eagles 4
Phins 4

In the last 6 games Dmac is a QB rated 103+ with 1 INT.

Dmac has gotten better week after week. He sucked at the start yes. He was hurt and it showed.

He is now playing some of the best football of his life. He really came alive as of Nov. Thus the O-player of the month award. Do a TD-INT QB rating then. You will see damn impressive numbers. All this with out any true "studs" other than himself.

Laugh, you're a clown.. :goof: It's obvious that the receivers are the Eagles weakest link on the offense. Then again, that's what makes this offense hard for defense to figure out. Each week it seems 8, 10, 9, 9 different ppl catch the ball. It's very hard to focus on one guy other than the one throwing it. But, it seems when plays need to happen one WR steps up. We def have an unorthodox style of offense.

And as you guys love to mention. The Cowboys said the same this.:lol:

You had 8 different recievers last week:

9 receptions to RB's (Dumpoffs/screens)
8 to WR's (3 WR's)
2 to TE

When 2 out of your 3 WR's have more then 1 catch it really means you don't have to double coverage.

Your TE's had 2 Catches, whew.

So, the whole goal in stopping the eagles are the RB's.

Where does one figure that the defense has hard times in covering folks?

Eagles 34
Phins 31

Throws over 40

Eagles 4
Phins 4

:D :cool:

Eagles 34
Phins 31

Throws over 40

Eagles 4
Phins 4

So he is the savior? He has had a 103+ rating against poor teams.

Correct? Yes, of course, and don't bring up that Dallas has a good defense, they made Jay look like God:lol:

You had 8 different recievers last week:

9 receptions to RB's (Dumpoffs/screens)
8 to WR's (3 WR's)
2 to TE

When 2 out of your 3 WR's have more then 1 catch it really means you don't have to double coverage.

Your TE's had 2 Catches, whew.

So, the whole goal in stopping the eagles are the RB's.

Where does one figure that the defense has hard times in covering folks?

What makes it hard is there are 3 of them. Each with different styles yet the same conclusion.

But yes, the key to our offense has been with the RBs. Wow, sounds kinda different from the fins doesnt it:). As we all know stop Rbs is easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom