Over Rated Eagles? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over Rated Eagles?

Originally posted by Emskirch

So he is the savior? He has had a 103+ rating against poor teams.

Correct? Yes, of course, and don't bring up that Dallas has a good defense, they made Jay look like God:lol:

You made our old 4th string QB look pretty good to.

So he is the savior? He has had a 103+ rating against poor teams.

Correct? Yes, of course, and don't bring up that Dallas has a good defense, they made Jay look like God:lol:

You fault the guy for looking good when he is suppose to ?? Please come on.

You know what sucks about McNabb, if that great coach would take the reigns off McNabb, he could honestly a bigger threat with his feet...

Hey, if you turn the ball over, and not let up many points like the Eagles do, I don't see why you need to be a great offensive team.

Miami's best attribute is thier defense.

Philly the "Three Headed Monster"

I like Miami's chances.

Anywho, work is done. Have a nice night fellows....

You know what sucks about McNabb, if that great coach would take the reigns off McNabb, he could honestly a bigger threat with his feet...

It's not the coach, It's Dmac. He looks through his reads Wrs, TEs, Dumpoffs. If nothing is there then he will take off. Look at Vick over the weekend. He looked impressive on the ground, not so hot in the air. But, how long can you do that? How many hits can you take like that?

What I have been seeing of Reid as of late, he has been adjusting alot this year. Not in the 1st to weeks but after. He sticks with what works till it doesn't, then he improvs.

I like Miami's chances.

Well Miami's secondary allows 213 yards per game passing

The Eagles secondary with second teamers playing the first 8 (half season) games allows 201 ypg. passing

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Miami's chances.

We are still a defensive team, despite the stats. Mistake free O, with the D not giving up points and making turnovers. They do give up yards however, But, that's how we are 10-3.

I like Miami's chances.

There really is not alot differences between the Eagles/Phins "D" --- as I have been showing

Phins give up 4.7 yards per play
Eagles give up 4.9 ypp

The differences are really in how the two "O" have been performing lately (4/6 games). One has a QB/Team on the rise, the other has a QB/Team slipping. Can the Phins turn the trend SURE I just don't see it happening...

Originally posted by Section126
one game does not make a trend.

That is correct, to create a new trend it would have to be followed with another win/loss

One game may be an indicator of new trend starting !!

More "D" stats alike

3rd down conversion % allowed

Phins 35.5
Eagles 35.3

From the Dallas game after a messed up kickoff onside for TD and a another short score drive, Eagles have been HOT. The Eagles were barely beat the final three quarters by Dallas. McNabb's running throw to his right side made it happen when NOTHING was there. From that play on he has been money.
If anyone can make a play when NOTHING is there is it Mr.McNabb. Maybe Wanny needs a mobile qb to take them past his game plan and make it count.
The secret to Philly run game, aside from the great vet O line , is JOHN RITCHIE. ,Watch how many times seals his man completely off. When guys challenge him the get blown up, when the omve and try to get around him he SEALS THE TACKLE OFF THE BALL. Watch how his back faces the ball as the RB goes through. Ritchie turns his back to the ball and then drives the man upfield past the ball.
This kind of blocking is contagious (see also Duce stalyey's improved pass blocks and limited lead blocking for teammate Hb's).
Ritchie vs. Seau, Zack, and Ricky/Freeman is the key. TheEagles OL frees their FB to reach the second and third edge levels, big runs result. The great Phins LB will be challenged at the point. WIN THAT BATTLE IT IS KEY!
Eagles blow up the point of attack per play, few of their runs require big cutbacks. Defeat the point and win unless Mcnabb pulls off magic with his D keeping it close. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well prior to the season, I felt that the Eagles would be the prime candidate for a major flop. Well once they survived the Redskins and Giants games(wearing the green pants helped) they reverted into being a good team. I ended up being wrong about them.
I do feel that the Eagles are the best NFC team on a neutral field(I do feel that they probably would not win in either St Louis or Seattle). I also feel that if they were in the AFC that they would only be about the 7th best team, maybe 8th if Baltimore is as good as it has played the last couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom