P.Manning called Marino this past week about ELI... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

P.Manning called Marino this past week about ELI...

Honestly, this is getting too much to trade for an unproven; too big a risk for the kind of compensation we're talking about here.

So your saying you wouldn't have done the same thing to draft Michal Vick if we had that chance back in 2001?? Your on crack if you say you wouldn't. I'm not saying Manning is Michael Vick, but when you have an opportunity to get a real "franchise" player, you gor for it if you can.

Originally posted by chambers84
So your saying you wouldn't have done the same thing to draft Michal Vick if we had that chance back in 2001?? Your on crack if you say you wouldn't. I'm not saying Manning is Michael Vick, but when you have an opportunity to get a real "franchise" player, you gor for it if you can.

If I had chimed in, that's exactly what I would be saying.

Michael Vick is a glorified running back with a strong arm. Unless he actually learns how to be a quarterback, Atlanta will go nowhere.

Eli Manning is a far, far better quarterback prospect than Michael Vick ever was. IMO, San Diego would be very foolish to pass on him. He's the best QB prospect to enter the NFL since his brother did in 1998. To pass on a chance to get a sure fire franchise QB is very foolish and should cost someone his job.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Michael Vick is a glorified running back with a strong arm. Unless he actually learns how to be a quarterback, Atlanta will go nowhere.

I want to agree with everything else you said, but Vick already has lead them to the second round of the playoffs. I think Atlants record this year without Vick speaks for itself.

Guys, Griese isnt getting it done, another name guy is not what is needed. Manning almost went scoreless for a half vs. Vanderbilt. No way he goes high. Remeber how far Chris Simms fell last year?

Originally posted by Mr.Murder
Guys, Griese isnt getting it done, another name guy is not what is needed. Manning almost went scoreless for a half vs. Vanderbilt. No way he goes high. Remeber how far Chris Simms fell last year?

although I've been saying Eli has been hyped by the media, i do see him being a high pick. i think there is another reason he's missing the senior bowl other then his "infection." his dad said he didn't want it to hurt his draft status if he played hurt. i think it's a little of both. if Dan sees enough in manning them I'm fine with taking him.

also Simms fell because he wasn't very good. lets be honest, he chocked in every big game.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i think there is another reason he's missing the senior bowl other then his "infection." his dad said he didn't want it to hurt his draft status if he played hurt. i think it's a little of both.

Okay, this is how out of it I am,

BUT, at one point in time, eligibility for the Senior Bowl was based upon the player's school NOT going to a major bowl game. Now, how they defined "major bowl game", I dunno. It could well be different now.

Originally posted by Agua
a stolen Ole Miss helmet he autographed for a present at one time or another.

Let's leak this story to our buddy ArMUNdo, maybe we can hurt his draft status and he'll drop to us :evil:

Tomorrow's Herald Headline: Eli is a Crook by ArMUNdo Salguero

Originally posted by Mr.Murder

Eli is obviously getting mileage by his name, but there's no comparison to Chris Simms. He's a top 7, minimum. Top 3 wouldn't surprise me.

You people are under estimating how bad J sux. It wont take Eli or Ben to upgrade the QB position significantly. Rebuild the O line and WR corps

Originally posted by Agua
As unpopular as this will come off, to me that period was the most horrendous of any in Phin history: zero defense - whoever scores last wins.

Not unpopular here...I lost the lining of my stomach at too early an age because of that defensive mess.

I still remember watching the friggin' New England Patriots beat the Phins in the 85 playoffs, and the feeling that I had as the defense got gashed by a very average offense.

Referring to the media guide for stats of that game, Craig James had 22 carries for 105 yards, and a no name Robert Weathers had 16 carries for 87 yards. Total rushing yards for New England was crazy 59 carries...that is right 59 FIVE NINE for 255 yards...4.3 yards a carry average...gashed for sure.

Damn it Agua, now I need another beer.:cry:

Yup. Remember it well. They'd just slid by Cleveland, iIrc. I said to my first wife, man, this is crap. They can't keep getting by like that.

[Edit:] Chuck Studley. Great name for a coach. Olivecrap was an improvement. That's how bad the D was.

If I had chimed in, that's exactly what I would be saying.

Eli Manning is a far, far better quarterback prospect than Michael Vick ever was. IMO, San Diego would be very foolish to pass on him. He's the best QB prospect to enter the NFL since his brother did in 1998. To pass on a chance to get a sure fire franchise QB is very foolish and should cost someone his job.

Dude that weed your smokin must be good. Send some my way so I can make some money on it. Give Vick 2 more years, and come and talk to me, until then, you don't have a CLUE about Michael Vick. To say that all he is, is a glorified RB with a strong arm and that Atlanta will go nowhere, it about as dumb as saying that Marino (in his prime) wouldn't have won at least 2 Super Bowls with Ricky and our current defense. Please, send some of those drugs my way!!

Last edited:

To pass on a chance to get a sure fire franchise QB is very foolish and should cost someone his job.

Again, we've had this convo at DT. If he goes to a crappy situation, I can envision him not developing. That's a pretty obvious statement. I'm not saying he has Ryan Leaf potential, but the ethic of the team is, again, obviously, will greatly determine whether he will realize his potential or not. A situation like Miami with Dan would be ideal for him. You know Dan would ride his *** and teach him how to work.

Much rather pick Reggie Williams who in any other draft would be the #1 overall WR. He is only turning 21 by draft day as well and has ridiculous talent and has work ethic.

Back
Top Bottom