Panda's Treasure Island Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panda's Treasure Island Mock Draft

Pandarilla

Active Roster
Reaction score
51W7H0q4HPL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ahoy! Ye 'lubbers, tis I, Long John Panda who will rightly steer ye through the mysterious Draft process to find me buried treasure, yarrr...

#6 Devonte Smith

Yarrr, tis the Golden Debloon of the bunch. Ye might think it would be Pitts, but nay. Smith be like a graceful Marlin, majestic to behold, Arrrr...

#18 Najee Harris

Everyone thinks it be too high, but I say nay! Twill nary a second round pass before those wretched Bills or Steelers nab him from us, Arrrr!

#36 Creed Humphrey

Aye, tis the white whale himself. Ever in peril and ever in flight, the center that nary a 3rd rounder hast ever bestowed, evades us no more. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

#50 Asante Samuel Jr

Arrrgh!! Twas not the junior I would have, but alas ye fare lads, tis a junior, nonetheless!

#86 Tamorrion Terry

Abast ye Skallywags and draft nerds, to Davey Jones Locker with the lot of ye!!! And I'll rightly keelhaul the first mention of value, I will...

images

I’ll have what you’re having!

Aye, tis a smidge of Indica, a bottle of Dew and a book on tape on you tube whilst Panda rests his poor head...I like to think I'm dreamblending to satiate my boredom...Aaarghhh! But never tell 'em your dreams, lads! Keep them buried from strangas, I say. It'll be the black spot for the lot of us, if others knew...

Aye, tis a smidge of Indica, a bottle of Dew and a book on tape on you tube whilst Panda rests his poor head...I like to think I'm dreamblending to satiate my boredom...Aaarghhh! But never tell 'em your dreams, lads! Keep them buried from strangas, I say. It'll be the black spot for the lot of us, if others knew...
1618131468974.jpeg

DeVonta Smith is probably the best route runner I've seen come out of the college game. Smooth is a major understatement.

Creed surprised me with the way he tested. He's grown a lot since that Alabama 2018 tape, and he was dominant at the Senior Bowl. Really like the value at 36.

Asante Samuel Jr. = 🔒 down. CB1 for me, although I'm not sure he'll be there at 50.

I have two issues with the Harris pick. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Najee. So this isn't about him as a prospect.

First, there are three guys I've got graded exceptionally close at RB - Etienne, Harris, and Javonte Williams. So I wouldn't think about making my move until at least one of them is already picked. I'm more than happy to settle for my third guy, because of how interchangeable they are on draft boards.

Second, and I'm sure this has been pointed out already, RBs often flame out quickly. Over the years, I've subscribed more and more to the theory that taking them in the top 20 is irresponsible resource management. I think Todd Gurley - who I had an astronomical grade on - really helped turn me on that one. He almost led the Rams to a Super Bowl, of course, and now he's on the street (at least last I checked).

I'm looking for defense (Paye if he falls, though I also LOVE Zaven Collins) or a trade down with #18.

Awesome, great post and fun read.

You now have me hoping this is correct just so I can read your follow up and review

Probably the most entertaining post I’ve ever read. Well done! I could live with the picks too. Loved 36. Not sure about 50, unless messer X be walkin’ der plank, matey.

51W7H0q4HPL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ahoy! Ye 'lubbers, tis I, Long John Panda who will rightly steer ye through the mysterious Draft process to find me buried treasure, yarrr...

#6 Devonte Smith

Yarrr, tis the Golden Debloon of the bunch. Ye might think it would be Pitts, but nay. Smith be like a graceful Marlin, majestic to behold, Arrrr...

#18 Najee Harris

Everyone thinks it be too high, but I say nay! Twill nary a second round pass before those wretched Bills or Steelers nab him from us, Arrrr!

#36 Creed Humphrey

Aye, tis the white whale himself. Ever in peril and ever in flight, the center that nary a 3rd rounder hast ever bestowed, evades us no more. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

#50 Asante Samuel Jr

Arrrgh!! Twas not the junior I would have, but alas ye fare lads, tis a junior, nonetheless!

#86 Tamorrion Terry

Abast ye Skallywags and draft nerds, to Davey Jones Locker with the lot of ye!!! And I'll rightly keelhaul the first mention of value, I will...

images
That's super similar to a mock I just did at TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Mine went:

6. Pitts
18. Smith (fell to me; what was I supposed to do, not take him?)
36. Williams RB
50. Humphreys C
81. Cam Sample EDGE
156. Snowden OLB

Great job...even if I don’t agree with all the picks. I don’t think it will be the “Slim Reaper” as the top pick, unless we trade down.
What if pitts & chase are there @ 6 , who does Miami pick?

Back
Top Bottom