Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE!

Wanny = Fiedler over Green(when he was good)
Saban = Culpepper over Brees
Cameron = Ginn over ANYONE ELSE
Tripod = Long over Ryan

Every staff has had that momentous move that forged their legacy (or lack there of) with this organization. I still think Long is a beast but Matt Ryan needed to be drafted for this team as the franchise. Those talents just don't come around often.

It's plain and simple if you have a Franchise QB 9 times out of the 10 the whole team plays better cause they trust and believe in him. Look at Stafford in DET, Bradford in STL hell even CLE is rallying around McCoy... They're all playing good football with those respective QBs.The FO here in Miami knows Henne isn't the guy, the players know it and the fans know it.

the point here is only so many teams EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL every year and that is based SOLELY on WHO LINES UP BEHIND CENTER. if this piece is not in place then NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, and history has shown this to be correct....it is so EXTREMELY rare for this NOT to hold true its almost a TRUTH, and the circumstances that need to exist for it not to hold true are so difficult to replicate that its nearly an impossibility anyways (say the continuing culture in Washington under Gibbs AFTER they had already won a superbowl, or say the historical dominance of Baltimore or Chicagos defense but these teams were polarized by leadership in other areas as well...very rarely seen in any period in football. in other words, going into this season here is the list of teams that even had a chance to win it all this year...everybody else might as well not have even shown up
1. New England Patriots - Tom Brady
2. New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees
3. Indianapolis Colts - Peyton Manning
4. San Diego Chargers - Phillip Rivers
5. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
6. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Vick (looking at this now....there is NO WAY Vick shouldnt have ALWAYS been the number one option....just simply based on his ability to polarize a team behind him....something Kolb....no matter how well he played would have ever been able to do at this point in his career)
7. Minnesota Vikings - Brett Favre (although his lack of attendence in the offseason and fractured lockeroom/relationship between players and coach severally sabotages this one.....but doesnt completely eliminate their belief in him)
8. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Rothlisberger (his behavior and lack of maturity/ big head the last couple of years might have changed his status here as well)
then there are a few guys i think MAY fit the description but im not 100% sold

9. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers
10. Houston Texans - Matt Schaub
11. New York Giants - Eli Manning
12. Tennessee Titans - Vince Young (im not sure if his loss of composure when things werent going well a couple years ago and subsequent benching eliminates him here)

and this one is going to be crazy but looking at it now the CLEAR choice at quarterback going into this season was CHAD PENNINGTON for us. i remember stories in the offseason of Henne not stepping up....and Pennington needing to take the bull by the horns in team meetings still.....this team WAS NEVER GOING TO FOLLOW HENNE it didnt matter how well he played. But we might have actually had a chance with Pennington starting all year.

12. Miami Dolphins - Chad Pennington

as far as quarterbacks of the future that have clearly demonstrated their ability to lead and have a chance to develop

1. Tim Tebow
2. Josh Freeman

and seemingly

3. Sam Bradford

The rest of the league can continue the search or accept their fate as no better than average EVER...

Absolutely... the list of 1st round offensive tackle busts is just as impressive...

..and you make a great point, and one that I've tried to get across unsuccessfully many times. There isn't a SINGLE quarterback bust that didn't have the PHYSICAL talent to play in the NFL, and play at a high level.. it's the things that you CAN'T measure with a stopwatch or measuring tape that allow them to succeed....

However, mismanaging one from the beginning can also destroy his career before it starts, even if he does have the mental makeup to LEAD a football team.. that's why you must have a competent regime in place.

I can take that entire list of QB busts Vaark compiled and show you all the similarities about them BEFORE they were drafted, and point out why they had high bust potential to begin with...

No prospect is ever a SURE thing... not at ANY position... but there is most CERTAINLY a formula and a way to increase your odds of success at hitting on a quarterback high in the draft...

I absolutely agree 100% in fact i havent watched a ton of college football this year......but i would take my chances wish Andrew Luck and the kid from Boise St (even tho everybody is saying he wont be a good pro) and you can just forget about Jake Locker hes garbage even tho hell get drafted high, and i think a team is going to fall in love with Malletts size and arm including so many people here....but tell me what exactly has he done in college to this point?

Tim Tebows measurables were OFF THE CHARTS we blew it with him too ill tell you right now....i dont give a **** what the hell they say about his delivery....when the **** did that ever matter? i mean all of those things were such a problem with Doug Flutie right?? and there were SO MANY scouts saying Phillip Rivers would never make it because of his side-arm "delivery" coming out of college....yeah that really mattered.....once they start playing you never hear this stupid bull**** anymore....and Drew Brees was too short....Tom Brady wasnt athletic enough...Michael Vick wasnt a pocket passer and not accurate.....i mean it goes on and on....but the one thing the ONLY thing that matters and is consistent is their teammates willingness to follow them, to support them.....and it barely gets noticed by scouts and draft "gurus" EVER its an afterthought......and its the one position on the football field that all of the measurables matter THE LEAST....its the one position on the field that resembles no other requires a COMPLETELY different skill set.....requires precision, consistency and mental fortitude and self belief....its THE ONE position that cant be evaluated like the others that the good ones are so significantly DIFFERENT from all the other great ones...more so than any other position BY FAR....the one position that cant be pigeon holed....yet always is.....the ONE THING that matters the LEAST in the evaluation process is consistantly the one thing that is given the most weight - arm strength.....and yet OF ALL THE GREAT ONES the only two that really had any were John Elway and Brett Favre and i would almost debate both how great brett favre actually is and how much his arm strength helped or hindered his career....it certainly added to the mystique....but if his arm wasnt quite as good but his mind for the game just a little better hed probably have more rings

Dude it was Lawrence ****ing Taylor. The greatest defensive player of all time. I dont give a **** who you have at LT, LT will beat them on occasion. Thats what ended Theismanns career, LT, not a lack of a LT. :lol:

And McQueefstain isnt a LT. Why the hell would we have him there? What is with this idea that if we dont draft Jake Long we are starting some total bum at LT that will cause any QB to ****ing die?

Ever heard of Vernon Carey? He was and still probably would be a very capable LT. He was a first round draft pick and lived up to that his whole career here. In fact, thats why he was resigned a few years ago to a huge contract, WHILE HE WAS STILL A LT mind you!

Oh god, now I just know you've got to be trolling. There's no way that you think Vernon Carey, who's given up.. How many? Is that seven sacks on Henne's VISIBLE SIDE thus far this year? would be solid on the blind. Matt Ryan has been relatively mediocre until this year, in fact, I believe his passer rating was just about as good as Henne's... with a top flight receiver from draft day, and the best tight end to ever play football as two of his targets.

I mean, seriously. You're THAT upset about having the best LT in football rather than Matt Ryan? If anything, you should be ranting that they should've traded up for Flacco. But hey, if you wanted us to draft Ryan and let him get hit by our pathetic line, then maybe you're right. It's not like he'd have to spend a lot of time looking for receivers, with Ted Ginn Jr. streaking open and a rookie Davone Bess still learning the pro game... OH, WAIT, MAYBE HE WOULD'VE.

I swear, some of you should just give up on the franchise already. I hear the Jets are pretty good this year, maybe you should go cheer for them.

Oh god, now I just know you've got to be trolling. There's no way that you think Vernon Carey, who's given up.. How many? Is that seven sacks on Henne's VISIBLE SIDE thus far this year? would be solid on the blind. Matt Ryan has been relatively mediocre until this year, in fact, I believe his passer rating was just about as good as Henne's... with a top flight receiver from draft day, and the best tight end to ever play football as two of his targets.

I mean, seriously. You're THAT upset about having the best LT in football rather than Matt Ryan? If anything, you should be ranting that they should've traded up for Flacco. But hey, if you wanted us to draft Ryan and let him get hit by our pathetic line, then maybe you're right. It's not like he'd have to spend a lot of time looking for receivers, with Ted Ginn Jr. streaking open and a rookie Davone Bess still learning the pro game... OH, WAIT, MAYBE HE WOULD'VE.

I swear, some of you should just give up on the franchise already. I hear the Jets are pretty good this year, maybe you should go cheer for them.

he doesnt talk about Flacco because FLACCO IS NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS MATT RYAN....thats why....the stats dont matter....WATCH THESE GUYS......how about if we drafted Matt Ryan then gave him another weapon in Desean Jackson (because we could have had him....oh about 20 picks earlier than he was drafted instead of Phillip Merling) to pair with Tedd Ginn and Ricky and Ronnie running the ball....i have a feeling with the way Ryan throws the deep ball and ON TIME there might be quite a few people in here singing Ginns praises......please tell me how you defend that team?????? play- action would be SO DEADLY......ill tell you this much our offense would sure as hell have scored 30 points once or twice in the last year

Hello people, Im new here.
Im not a Dolphins fan, not a hater either, just registered here to be able to read this forum.

I'd like to make an opinion as a neutral observer. Few things:

1. Jake Long

IMO there is really no need to panic over passing on Ryan. Im actually shocked that someone is making an argument for this. I understand bad emotions, for benching Henne etc., but IMO this Long pick was a spot on. Look at this that way: You have Your franchise LT, best LT in game. A man who during his first 2 seasons made 2 pro bowls and likely will make 3rd, with winning record as a starter on 1-15 (previously) team. It was really marvelous pick, no need to discredit it.

2. Matt Ryan

When you look just at bare stats, Ryan is hardly setting the world on fire. I know that hype "he wins the games", "leads Atlanta to the success", "marvelous home record" etc. Truth is he doesn't throwing to himself, and does not blocking for himself. Atlanta just managed to put decent team on the field and Ryan is just one of many other players responsible for their success. Oh, and all "success" he managed in Atlants is 1 one-and-done by now, no need to crowning him next Peyton Manning.

3. QB is the most important position in all of sports

I have to disagree. I know QBcentric media are trying to sell "teams doesn't win the games. QBs does" bs, but its not truth. You guys had best QB to ever play the game, and won 0 SBs during his reign, so you should understand this. Now, when we are seeing Jeff Backus protecting Matt Stafford, or Packers dysfunctional line holding back production of Aaron Rodgers, who is the most talented QB in game right now, whe shall not underrating offensive linesmen. Actually you are in very confortable position right now- if Henne will bust, you may draft franchise QB, without carry about other pieces (WRs, line), because they are already there.

This is a very reasonable post and you guys have completely gone off the handle.
This Jake Long vs. Matt Ryan comparison is completely useless.
Ryan is a great quarterback absolutely, but no one knows what would have happened had the dolphins drafted him. To just assume that we would be better off is crazy. So many factors go into a QB being successful this is much luck as it is science. Christ Ryan could have blown out his knee on the first week.
Who knows if the ability to sign the player had any effect on who they picked? What if Ryan had been demanding more money?

I am sorry but how many playoff games has Matt Ryan won?
So to say that our FO is a failure for taking a perennial Pro Bowl LT that is just nuts.

No one is comparing Henne to Marino (what an insult to Marino) But c'mon we would like Henne to just be an average QB which he is not.
You're right. But imagine if we had taken Ryan first overall and he had some growing pains. Atlanta has never had a QB at the level of a Marino, Elway, or Kelly. Their fans don't have the same kind of lofty expectations of their QB.

Back
Top Bottom