Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE!

Getting Long to protect the qb's we have, is like hiring the military to protect your garbage can.

This made me choke on a diet coke!

Oh by the way the best tackle in the league is Joe Thomas he can handle a speed rush!

Passing on Matt Ryan set us back 10 YEARS!

BURN in HELL you Mother F%^%&*!

How do we know Ryan is that great? He's surrounded by playmakers who help boost his stats. Kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet.

Dude it was Lawrence ****ing Taylor. The greatest defensive player of all time. I dont give a **** who you have at LT, LT will beat them on occasion. Thats what ended Theismanns career, LT, not a lack of a LT. :lol:

And McQueefstain isnt a LT. Why the hell would we have him there? What is with this idea that if we dont draft Jake Long we are starting some total bum at LT that will cause any QB to ****ing die?

Ever heard of Vernon Carey? He was and still probably would be a very capable LT. He was a first round draft pick and lived up to that his whole career here. In fact, thats why he was resigned a few years ago to a huge contract, WHILE HE WAS STILL A LT mind you!

Have watched any Dolphin games this season? Carey gets his *** blown up when he goes against speed rushers. Hell, Jason Worilds dominated him. Carey is an alright player that gets the job done. And one more question. How many Pro Bowls does Jake Long have? How many does so called "Matty Ice" have. My point exactly.

Hello people, Im new here.
Im not a Dolphins fan, not a hater either, just registered here to be able to read this forum.

I'd like to make an opinion as a neutral observer. Few things:

1. Jake Long

IMO there is really no need to panic over passing on Ryan. Im actually shocked that someone is making an argument for this. I understand bad emotions, for benching Henne etc., but IMO this Long pick was a spot on. Look at this that way: You have Your franchise LT, best LT in game. A man who during his first 2 seasons made 2 pro bowls and likely will make 3rd, with winning record as a starter on 1-15 (previously) team. It was really marvelous pick, no need to discredit it.

2. Matt Ryan

When you look just at bare stats, Ryan is hardly setting the world on fire. I know that hype "he wins the games", "leads Atlanta to the success", "marvelous home record" etc. Truth is he doesn't throwing to himself, and does not blocking for himself. Atlanta just managed to put decent team on the field and Ryan is just one of many other players responsible for their success. Oh, and all "success" he managed in Atlants is 1 one-and-done by now, no need to crowning him next Peyton Manning.

3. QB is the most important position in all of sports

I have to disagree. I know QBcentric media are trying to sell "teams doesn't win the games. QBs does" bs, but its not truth. You guys had best QB to ever play the game, and won 0 SBs during his reign, so you should understand this. Now, when we are seeing Jeff Backus protecting Matt Stafford, or Packers dysfunctional line holding back production of Aaron Rodgers, who is the most talented QB in game right now, whe shall not underrating offensive linesmen. Actually you are in very confortable position right now- if Henne will bust, you may draft franchise QB, without carry about other pieces (WRs, line), because they are already there.

1. It's not panic. Like you said, you're new here. Matt Ryan was the guy that they should've picked and I've been driving that point home since before Miami ever went on the clock in April of '08. It has nothing to do with Pennington and Henne. You want to talk about panic? That's what this coaching staff is doing right now to try to save their a**es... why? Because they don't have a quarterback...

Jake Long wasn't a marvelous pick... it was a chicken sh*t pick that's how conservative this entire regime is. It's the method behind everything from their gameday coaching, all the way down to how they acquire talent. Jake Long is very good football player, and he's going to waste away in Miami... why? Because they don't have a quarterback...

2. Didn't you just use the "he wins games" arguement for a ****ing left tackle, now you discredit it for a pro-bowl caliber quarterback on a historically stagnant franchise in Atlanta? You're an idiot... and the more you type, the more apparent it becomes. Stop looking at "stats", and making up every excuse you can as to why Matt Ryan is SOMEHOW able to remain in this league.... and go watch him play. Nevermind... check that... have someone lock you in a closet instead.. so you can't come back on here and embarrass yourself...

3. At least Miami PLAYED in a superbowl when they had a QB and nothing else didn't they? Miami was ALWAYS a contender with Marino, no matter how bad the rest of the team was. Miami had the league's leading rusher, the league's two leading sackers, two pro-bowl CB's, a pro-bowl MLB, a pro-bowl FS, and up and coming acrobat at WR, and couldn't win anything... why?

...because they didn't have a quarterback...

1. It's not panic. Like you said, you're new here. Matt Ryan was the guy that they should've picked and I've been driving that point home since before Miami ever went on the clock in April of '08. It has nothing to do with Pennington and Henne. You want to talk about panic? That's what this coaching staff is doing right now to try to save their a**es... why? Because they don't have a quarterback...

Jake Long wasn't a marvelous pick... it was a chicken sh*t pick that's how conservative this entire regime is. It's the method behind everything from their gameday coaching, all the way down to how they acquire talent. Jake Long is very good football player, and he's going to waste away in Miami... why? Because they don't have a quarterback...

2. Didn't you just use the "he wins games" arguement for a ****ing left tackle, now you discredit it for a pro-bowl caliber quarterback on a historically stagnant franchise in Atlanta? You're an idiot... and the more you type, the more apparent it becomes. Stop looking at "stats", and making up every excuse you can as to why Matt Ryan is SOMEHOW able to remain in this league.... and go watch him play. Nevermind... check that... have someone lock you in a closet instead.. so you can't come back on here and embarrass yourself...

3. At least Miami PLAYED in a superbowl when they had a QB and nothing else didn't they? Miami was ALWAYS a contender with Marino, no matter how bad the rest of the team was. Miami had the league's leading rusher, the league's two leading sackers, two pro-bowl CB's, a pro-bowl MLB, a pro-bowl FS, and up and coming acrobat at WR, and couldn't win anything... why?

Checkmate!

Dr. Slimm, the treatments seem to no longer be working. Im afraid there isnt much we can do at this point. Full blown Parcellsitis has become an epidimic and there isnt anything we can do to stop it.

Have watched any Dolphin games this season? Carey gets his *** blown up when he goes against speed rushers. Hell, Jason Worilds dominated him. Carey is an alright player that gets the job done. And one more question. How many Pro Bowls does Jake Long have? How many does so called "Matty Ice" have. My point exactly.

Pro Bowls huh. Quick.....name Jake Long's competition for pro bowl in the AFC at LT. Do it. Go ahead. Quickly as possible. Dont you think LT is a bit easier to make it than QB in the NFC? Dont you think Long gets the honors soft of just handed to him because he was the #1 overall selection at a position most people voting know nothing about? Come on.

Now name the QBs that Ryan must contend with in order to make the Pro Bowl in the NFC. Get the picture?

Pro Bowls mean jack **** anyway. Come with something credible.

Would Atlanta trade us Ryan for Long and any QB we have right now? Hell NO.

And if someone beats Ryan's LT, then Matty Ice will make that mother ****er miss, step up in the pocket and fire a strike downfield for a big gain. Thats how playmaking QBs do it homes.

How do we know Ryan is that great? He's surrounded by playmakers who help boost his stats. Kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet.

Im sick of this ****ing argument too. The talent aside from the QB position on each team is fairly even.

Atlanta has a destinct advantage at TE.
Miami has the better top receiver in Marshall
Jenkins and Douglas are very compareable to Bess and Hartline
Turner vs. Ricky and Ronnie is pretty compareable as well.

The biggest difference is we have your guys hero Jake LONG!!!! Matt Ryan dosent have perinial pro bowler Jake Long blocking his blindside. And yet Ryan seems to produce much more offense, points, and victories than Henne has dared to.

So you can run and tell that homeboy!

Pro Bowls huh. Quick.....name Jake Long's competition for pro bowl in the AFC at LT. Do it. Go ahead. Quickly as possible. Dont you think LT is a bit easier to make it than QB in the NFC? Dont you think Long gets the honors soft of just handed to him because he was the #1 overall selection at a position most people voting know nothing about? Come on.

Now name the QBs that Ryan must contend with in order to make the Pro Bowl in the NFC. Get the picture?

Pro Bowls mean jack **** anyway. Come with something credible.

Would Atlanta trade us Ryan for Long and any QB we have right now? Hell NO.

And if someone beats Ryan's LT, then Matty Ice will make that mother ****er miss, step up in the pocket and fire a strike downfield for a big gain. Thats how playmaking QBs do it homes.

Joe Thomas what do I win?

Yeah, the Browns, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Lions, Skins, Chargers and Seahawks, to name a few tried taking a so-called "francise QB" in the top 10, some of whom were more concensus picks with less collegiate ints than Ryan. How did that work out without a ouji board? We took both the lock for career HOF success, as well as the "lock" for the blindside of the backfield... and never should look back.

If you want to cry about boneheaded selections - look no further than at Saban passing on Aaron Rodgers, who many touts had higher than Alex Smith and ending up with a friggin RB from SEC who's never lived up to expectations for one reason or another. Saban's the guy you should be objectively directing your anger at - especially now that his next first pick, Jason Allen has been unceremoniously shown the door.

Tim Couch, 1st pick, Browns
Akili Smith, 3rd Cincinatti
Alex Smith, 1st, SF
Jamarcus Russell, 1st, Oakland
Joey Harrington, 3rd, Detroit
Matt Leinert, 10th, AZ
David Klinger, 6th, Cincinatti
Heath Shuler, 3rd, Washington
Ryan Leaf, 2nd, SD
Rick Mirer, 2nd, Seattle

show me a leader in the bunch....this list goes on for ineptitude in drafting tackles in the first round too if you look over the past 15 years. so this isnt even an argument....the fact of the matter is GMs fall in love with all the "measurables" with quarterbacks....they evaluate quarterbacks like the evaluate defensive lineman AND IT IS DUMB AS ****....the most important trait in a quarterback IS THEIR ABILITY TO LEAD A TEAM.....an ability to INSPIRE BELIEF IN THEIR BALLCLUB.....THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE GREAT QUARTERBACK IN THE LAST 30 years that DIDNT have this trait....and very very very few teams EVER win a super bowl without a quarterback that matches the profile. MATT RYAN fit the profile and we passed. why is it the most important element that defines great quarterbacks is the LAST thing that most talent evaluators or GMs take into consideration???? Jamarcus Russell was a clear bust before he was ever drafted....he was lazy in college....in fact what did ANY of these guys do in college that personified leadership??? Alex Smith might be the closest thing to it from their body of work in college....and i dont have enough info to go on even with him...the rest if you make this the number one trait of quarterback evaluation....none of them measure up

show me a leader in the bunch....this list goes on for ineptitude in drafting tackles in the first round too if you look over the past 15 years. so this isnt even an argument....the fact of the matter is GMs fall in love with all the "measurables" with quarterbacks....they evaluate quarterbacks like the evaluate defensive lineman AND IT IS DUMB AS ****....the most important trait in a quarterback IS THEIR ABILITY TO LEAD A TEAM.....an ability to INSPIRE BELIEF IN THEIR BALLCLUB.....THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE GREAT QUARTERBACK IN THE LAST 30 years that DIDNT have this trait....and very very very few teams EVER win a super bowl without a quarterback that matches the profile. MATT RYAN fit the profile and we passed. why is it the most important element that defines great quarterbacks is the LAST thing that most talent evaluators or GMs take into consideration???? Jamarcus Russell was a clear bust before he was ever drafted....he was lazy in college....in fact what did ANY of these guys do in college that personified leadership??? Alex Smith might be the closest thing to it from their body of work in college....and i dont have enough info to go on even with him...the rest if you make this the number one trait of quarterback evaluation....none of them measure up

Absolutely... the list of 1st round offensive tackle busts is just as impressive...

..and you make a great point, and one that I've tried to get across unsuccessfully many times. There isn't a SINGLE quarterback bust that didn't have the PHYSICAL talent to play in the NFL, and play at a high level.. it's the things that you CAN'T measure with a stopwatch or measuring tape that allow them to succeed....

However, mismanaging one from the beginning can also destroy his career before it starts, even if he does have the mental makeup to LEAD a football team.. that's why you must have a competent regime in place.

I can take that entire list of QB busts Vaark compiled and show you all the similarities about them BEFORE they were drafted, and point out why they had high bust potential to begin with...

No prospect is ever a SURE thing... not at ANY position... but there is most CERTAINLY a formula and a way to increase your odds of success at hitting on a quarterback high in the draft...

He was coaching... Bill Parcells is a football coach... He wasn't "picking the groceries" when he won those superbowls...

He hasn't won so much as a hand of ****ing blackjack since...

i was defending Thiesman lol...NOT PARCELLS...the argument was what did theisman ever accomplish? he only managed to get hurt.....my argument was the redskins were the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL for probably a 3 year time period WITH Theisman at quaterback...BECAUSE Theisman WAS quarterback.....and their Left Tackle didnt fn matter

He also never had to play somewhere like Miami in the shadow of Dan Marino. In Miami, if you aren't Marino by the end of you're fifth start you aren't franchise QB material. I'm honestly surprised people have been this patient with Henne.

No one is comparing Henne to Marino (what an insult to Marino) But c'mon we would like Henne to just be an average QB which he is not.

Back
Top Bottom