Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells FAILURE is now COMPLETE!

what about Vontae, Langford, Clemons, Misi, Bess, and Arguably the BEST LT in the NFL Jake Long. I guess there all wastes too huh? Sure Parcells hit and miss on some prospects but what good does a stud QB like Matt Ryan do you if you have a terrible LT starting for you like McQuistan. It does you NO good. Look at Joe Theisman. Pro Bowl QB with no LT. Look where that got him. It got him a career ending injury.
and is that list even special???? not even close i like Bess but he isnt a GAME CHANGER he isnt even wes welker....he scares NOBODY....he beats NOBODY....he cant return kicks....hes a piece....THATS IT.....you still need TWO really good receivers to use him right.....we have ONE and our passing game still fn sucks!!!....what have the rest of these guys done? Vontae hasnt progressed yet.....he doesnt cause turnovers.....and what the hell have the rest of these guys done???? your talking like we have six probowlers on this team that have been drafted in the last three years WE DONT.....SO WHAT IF THESE GUYS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY....that DOESNT MEAN ****....they dont MAKE PLAYS....i like Langford....i think hes A PIECE....i like Davis but he needs to progress.....Long is a probowler.....but this team PICKED FIRST at the BEGINNING of EVERY ROUND that year AND had an extra 2nd for Chambers AND had an extra second for Jason Taylor.....AND WE DIDNT GET ****!!!!! we STILL dont have a quarterback.....we came away with ZERO ****ing playmakers.....and NOBODY that can change a game....with the amount of picks we had and how high we were drafting these guys did A TERRIBLE JOB....not one single guy thats special besides Jake Long in 3 years.....Parcells even said it himself.....if they dont bite as pups....the only guy these guys have brought in that it was clear bit as a pup besides jake long was cameron wake....and they were too stupid to play him even even when that team was terrible......we have two guys and wake is in his late 20s now anyways.....and a few serviceable players and threw huge money AND draft picks for a couple guys everyone ALREADY KNEW WERE GREAT. we must find a quarterback and unfortunately at this point EVEN if we draft one in this first round this year its going to be three years by the time hes ready to take us anywhere IF they actually draft the right guy.....this is WHY they needed to take the chance on Matt Ryan when they had the chance....the guy was a CLEAR leader.....and look at the nickname the guy earned...MATTY ICE....are you ****ing kidding me????? arent those the MOST IMPORTANT TRAITS FOR ALL THE GREAT QUARTERBACKS???????? it should be the ****ing FIRST thing they look for....its what they are SO in love with with Pennington.....why should it be ANY different for ANY OTHER GUY???? and what exactly did Henne ever show???? he got his *** beat in the biggest game of the year against ohio state 4 times! and won ONE bowl game.....how easy would it be to build this team around Matt Ryan at this point.....in fact, swap him into the offense.....remove jake long......put vernon carey at LT and give us another good TE say tony meoki....somebody that can both help with chipping an edge rusher and is a good target.....and as poorly as these guys have drafted....we would actually be a pretty good team.....young and we could realistically look at it and say we just need a few playmakers and this team would be great......yet here we are with our GREAT left tackle so many of you are so happy about...yet wtf do we have???? NOTHING we are light years away from being any good because we have NO QUARTERBACK and THEY ARENT EASY TO FIND AND THEY TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP.....there are MAYBE 10 quarterbacks a year that even HAVE A CHANCE to win the superbowl.....we had a chance to have one of those guys and we passed TWICE brees and ryan....in fact who fit the style of this offense better than michael vick????? they wanted to run the wildcat? is there ANYBODY better than Vick for that? yet they pass on him and take pat white who weighs 180 pounds? Please tell me HOW we are going to find a quarterback now? by the time we find one this coaching staffs message will get stale....they HAD to play conservative and go with the guy they KNEW was going to be good in long....instead of the guy they had to be pretty damn sure would be in ryan.....the conservative nature of this ENTIRE regime in EVERY regard is WHY we are mediocre.....its WHY we score three points at a time....and its WHY we lose and eventually THEY will lose their jobs....hopefully Ross will have enough foresight and enough BALLS HIMSELF to not take the safe play and actually MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.....this staff chained their cart to the WRONG HORSE in Jake Long.....they were too conservative and its already too late.....if Tyler Thigpen isnt the answer....if the quarterback thats going to win games for this club in the future isnt ALREADY on the roster then these guys have NO CHANCE to succeed here in Miami....this team will not survive another 3 years of mediocrity and the message will grow stale and fall on deaf ears....Morono will lose the locker room....if he isnt already......it time for this team to be BOLD....if they even lose ONE of the next two games then they will be making a HUGE mistake by not seeing what they have in Thigpen....he may be the only chance they have.....but of course they decided to be conservative again and go with the guy they ALREADY KNOW cant lead them all the way....they are hoping for a couple wins.....but by hoping to be good INSTEAD of GREAT....they will be neither ans MORONO will be nothing more than an offensive line coach for the rest of his career in the NFL and Ireland can go back to being unemployed.....a failure in his career as a field goal kicker and a failure in his career as a GM that never should have been

Long made sense. It would have made even more sense if Henne was further along. Chad is still young and learning. But he does not have forever. This past Sunday gives nothing as far as confidence.

Would Ryan succeed in S FL as he has in ATL? Two different type of teams. Marshall has not ended up so far this year like a Roddy White, Fasano is no future HOF'er at TE unlike Gonzalez, ATL's OL is playing over their heads while ours is underachieving IMHO, and Turner is a better battering ram right now then the R&R express. Ryan is still the better qb. But how much better in an alternate reality if he was on the Fins instead of the Falcons?

In regards to Mallett I question him. Question his presence when pressured, judgement, and his IT factor. He has a great arm but I don't like his intangibles or lack thereof.

this is SO simple....your argument is garbage...PLAYERS ARE PLAYERS PERIOD......do you question if Jerry Rice doesnt go to san fransisco that he doesnt become a productive football player?? it goes hand in hand with parcells talking about if they dont bite as pups.....and i think u can go back to all the good ones weve had here.....they all bit as pups.....matt ryan would have been every bit as good in miami if not better......jason taylor, zach thomas, pat surtain, sam madison, dan marino........all the great ones here were great from DAY ONE.....you know right right away....some may do better than others initially....but YOU KNOW....they show flashes.....what did we see from cameron wake last year? it was clear he was ALREADY our best pass rusher even with Jason Taylor and Joey Porter on the team.....yet they barely played him.......who else these guys have drafted showed ANYTHING right away??? Jake Long and MAYBE Vontae Davis.....everybody else is just servicable.....Matt Ryan was the clear choice and we missed....he would be everybit as good in miami....players are players.

**** an A right it did. What a stupid ****ing move. Franchise QB sitting right there for the taking to start this regime and get things going, instead they take a cornfed lineman with the first pick and settle on a physically challenged 2nd round money bargain at QB. Unbelievable. One of the biggest blunders in the last decade in the NFL.

Is it one of the biggest blunders in the last decade? Can you admit that you blew that out of proportion just a little? That cornfed linemen is a future hall of famer and one of the reasons why Henne doesn't get sacked very often. Also, Jamarcus Russell has to be the biggest blunder of the past decade, hands down.

Look, I would have loved to have Matt Ryan, but be reasonable. Biggest blunder of the past decade? hardly.

and is that list even special???? not even close i like Bess but he isnt a GAME CHANGER he isnt even wes welker....he scares NOBODY....he beats NOBODY....he cant return kicks....hes a piece....THATS IT.....you still need TWO really good receivers to use him right.....we have ONE and our passing game still fn sucks!!!....what have the rest of these guys done? Vontae hasnt progressed yet.....he doesnt cause turnovers.....and what the hell have the rest of these guys done???? your talking like we have six probowlers on this team that have been drafted in the last three years WE DONT.....SO WHAT IF THESE GUYS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY....that DOESNT MEAN ****....they dont MAKE PLAYS....i like Langford....i think hes A PIECE....i like Davis but he needs to progress.....Long is a probowler.....but this team PICKED FIRST at the BEGINNING of EVERY ROUND that year AND had an extra 2nd for Chambers AND had an extra second for Jason Taylor.....AND WE DIDNT GET ****!!!!! we STILL dont have a quarterback.....we came away with ZERO ****ing playmakers.....and NOBODY that can change a game....with the amount of picks we had and how high we were drafting these guys did A TERRIBLE JOB....not one single guy thats special besides Jake Long in 3 years.....Parcells even said it himself.....if they dont bite as pups....the only guy these guys have brought in that it was clear bit as a pup besides jake long was cameron wake....and they were too stupid to play him even even when that team was terrible......we have two guys and wake is in his late 20s now anyways.....and a few serviceable players and threw huge money AND draft picks for a couple guys everyone ALREADY KNEW WERE GREAT. we must find a quarterback and unfortunately at this point EVEN if we draft one in this first round this year its going to be three years by the time hes ready to take us anywhere IF they actually draft the right guy.....this is WHY they needed to take the chance on Matt Ryan when they had the chance....the guy was a CLEAR leader.....and look at the nickname the guy earned...MATTY ICE....are you ****ing kidding me????? arent those the MOST IMPORTANT TRAITS FOR ALL THE GREAT QUARTERBACKS???????? it should be the ****ing FIRST thing they look for....its what they are SO in love with with Pennington.....why should it be ANY different for ANY OTHER GUY???? and what exactly did Henne ever show???? he got his *** beat in the biggest game of the year against ohio state 4 times! and won ONE bowl game.....how easy would it be to build this team around Matt Ryan at this point.....in fact, swap him into the offense.....remove jake long......put vernon carey at LT and give us another good TE say tony meoki....somebody that can both help with chipping an edge rusher and is a good target.....and as poorly as these guys have drafted....we would actually be a pretty good team.....young and we could realistically look at it and say we just need a few playmakers and this team would be great......yet here we are with our GREAT left tackle so many of you are so happy about...yet wtf do we have???? NOTHING we are light years away from being any good because we have NO QUARTERBACK and THEY ARENT EASY TO FIND AND THEY TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP.....there are MAYBE 10 quarterbacks a year that even HAVE A CHANCE to win the superbowl.....we had a chance to have one of those guys and we passed TWICE brees and ryan....in fact who fit the style of this offense better than michael vick????? they wanted to run the wildcat? is there ANYBODY better than Vick for that? yet they pass on him and take pat white who weighs 180 pounds? Please tell me HOW we are going to find a quarterback now? by the time we find one this coaching staffs message will get stale....they HAD to play conservative and go with the guy they KNEW was going to be good in long....instead of the guy they had to be pretty damn sure would be in ryan.....the conservative nature of this ENTIRE regime in EVERY regard is WHY we are mediocre.....its WHY we score three points at a time....and its WHY we lose and eventually THEY will lose their jobs....hopefully Ross will have enough foresight and enough BALLS HIMSELF to not take the safe play and actually MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.....this staff chained their cart to the WRONG HORSE in Jake Long.....they were too conservative and its already too late.....if Tyler Thigpen isnt the answer....if the quarterback thats going to win games for this club in the future isnt ALREADY on the roster then these guys have NO CHANCE to succeed here in Miami....this team will not survive another 3 years of mediocrity and the message will grow stale and fall on deaf ears....Morono will lose the locker room....if he isnt already......it time for this team to be BOLD....if they even lose ONE of the next two games then they will be making a HUGE mistake by not seeing what they have in Thigpen....he may be the only chance they have.....but of course they decided to be conservative again and go with the guy they ALREADY KNOW cant lead them all the way....they are hoping for a couple wins.....but by hoping to be good INSTEAD of GREAT....they will be neither ans MORONO will be nothing more than an offensive line coach for the rest of his career in the NFL and Ireland can go back to being unemployed.....a failure in his career as a field goal kicker and a failure in his career as a GM that never should have been

Great post... this pretty much sums it all up.

QB is the most important position in all of sports, yet there are some people on this forum that are happy that we have a left tackle instead of a franchise QB.

Hello people, Im new here.
Im not a Dolphins fan, not a hater either, just registered here to be able to read this forum.

I'd like to make an opinion as a neutral observer. Few things:

1. Jake Long

IMO there is really no need to panic over passing on Ryan. Im actually shocked that someone is making an argument for this. I understand bad emotions, for benching Henne etc., but IMO this Long pick was a spot on. Look at this that way: You have Your franchise LT, best LT in game. A man who during his first 2 seasons made 2 pro bowls and likely will make 3rd, with winning record as a starter on 1-15 (previously) team. It was really marvelous pick, no need to discredit it.

2. Matt Ryan

When you look just at bare stats, Ryan is hardly setting the world on fire. I know that hype "he wins the games", "leads Atlanta to the success", "marvelous home record" etc. Truth is he doesn't throwing to himself, and does not blocking for himself. Atlanta just managed to put decent team on the field and Ryan is just one of many other players responsible for their success. Oh, and all "success" he managed in Atlants is 1 one-and-done by now, no need to crowning him next Peyton Manning.

3. QB is the most important position in all of sports

I have to disagree. I know QBcentric media are trying to sell "teams doesn't win the games. QBs does" bs, but its not truth. You guys had best QB to ever play the game, and won 0 SBs during his reign, so you should understand this. Now, when we are seeing Jeff Backus protecting Matt Stafford, or Packers dysfunctional line holding back production of Aaron Rodgers, who is the most talented QB in game right now, whe shall not underrating offensive linesmen. Actually you are in very confortable position right now- if Henne will bust, you may draft franchise QB, without carry about other pieces (WRs, line), because they are already there.

Let me get this straight; People are hoping other people "rot in hell," "die a slow death," are a "mother effer," and I see a picture of our OC hanging by a rope. All in this same thread. All because they don't like the job a few people are doing running their favorite football team.

Yikes...methinks we're taking this stuff a little too seriously.

Yeah, the Browns, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Lions, Skins, Chargers and Seahawks, to name a few tried taking a so-called "francise QB" in the top 10, some of whom were more concensus picks with less collegiate ints than Ryan. How did that work out without a ouji board? We took both the lock for career HOF success, as well as the "lock" for the blindside of the backfield... and never should look back.

If you want to cry about boneheaded selections - look no further than at Saban passing on Aaron Rodgers, who many touts had higher than Alex Smith and ending up with a friggin RB from SEC who's never lived up to expectations for one reason or another. Saban's the guy you should be objectively directing your anger at - especially now that his next first pick, Jason Allen has been unceremoniously shown the door.

Tim Couch, 1st pick, Browns
Akili Smith, 3rd Cincinatti
Alex Smith, 1st, SF
Jamarcus Russell, 1st, Oakland
Joey Harrington, 3rd, Detroit
Matt Leinert, 10th, AZ
David Klinger, 6th, Cincinatti
Heath Shuler, 3rd, Washington
Ryan Leaf, 2nd, SD
Rick Mirer, 2nd, Seattle

what about Vontae, Langford, Clemons, Misi, Bess, and Arguably the BEST LT in the NFL Jake Long. I guess there all wastes too huh? Sure Parcells hit and miss on some prospects but what good does a stud QB like Matt Ryan do you if you have a terrible LT starting for you like McQuistan. It does you NO good. Look at Joe Theisman. Pro Bowl QB with no LT. Look where that got him. It got him a career ending injury.

Chad Pennington was a pro-bowl quarterback... Did Jake Long stop him from getting injured again?

Joe Theismann had one of the best offensive lines ever assembled (The Hogs) in front of him when he got hurt... left tackle George Starke wasn't exactly a scrub... he was the senior member of that line in '85...

The upper echelon QB's in this league get it done without premier left tackles... just give them a guy that's not a turnstile and they'll succeed...

"The best left tackle in the league" and mediocre QB's are only going to prevent you from going 1-15.... great job...

Idiots...

Chad Pennington was a pro-bowl quarterback... Did Jake Long stop him from getting injured again?

Joe Theismann had one of the best offensive lines ever assembled (The Hogs) in front of him when he got hurt... left tackle George Starke wasn't exactly a scrub... he was the senior member of that line in '85...

The upper echelon QB's in this league get it done without premier left tackles... just give them a guy that's not a turnstile and they'll succeed...

"The best left tackle in the league" and mediocre QB's are only going to prevent you from going 1-15.... great job...

Idiots...

Let's revisit recent Super Bowl winning teams left tackle/Qb combo:

P. Manning/Tarrick Glen

E. Manning/ not even sure... Luke Pettigout maybe?

Brees/Bushrod

Brady/Matt Light

Brad Johnson/Who exactly?

Big Ben/Max freaking Starks

See the trend here folks?

A LT don't mean $^%&* when you have a franchise QB.

LMFAO and two ****ing super bowls.....not to mention a run of dominance in that era in the NFC

He was coaching... Bill Parcells is a football coach... He wasn't "picking the groceries" when he won those superbowls...

He hasn't won so much as a hand of ****ing blackjack since...

Let's revisit recent Super Bowl winning teams left tackle/Qb combo:

P. Manning/Tarrick Glen

E. Manning/ not even sure... Luke Pettigout maybe?

Brees/Bushrod

Brady/Matt Light

Brad Johnson/Who exactly?

Big Ben/Max freaking Starks

See the trend here folks?

David Diehl was playing left tackle for Eli when he won the superbowl.... a 5th round pick...

And Matt Ryan is going to be franchise QB leading his team for success...Sorry, its pure overreaction. I'd understand if you guys were crying over passing on Rodgers, who is the most talented QB, but you prefer mediocre QB over elite LT...

What happened is these folks have bought in to this left tackle "philosophy" that this clueless regime sold them, despite everything they see around them proving that it's absolutely not the case....

It's Parcellsitis at it's worst...

And Matt Ryan is going to be franchise QB leading his team for success...Sorry, its pure overreaction. I'd understand if you guys were crying over passing on Rodgers, who is the most talented QB, but you prefer mediocre QB over elite LT...

Get that weak **** outta here... we know how you folks are...

You'll sign up, come in here and post a few off the wall, ridiculous posts like this one, and then disappear down the road when it becomes apparent how clueless you are... it's been going on for years and years...

Matt Ryan has ALREADY led his team to more success... and he's only going to continue leading them to more success as he gets better...

Ryan is going to the pro-bowl this year for the NFC and be their starting quarterback... he's as good at his position as Jake Long is at his, the difference is that Matt Ryan's position is a HELLUVA lot harder to play...

Ryan's impact on his football team is ALWAYS going to be felt more than Jake Long's... it's just the dynamics of football... it's the way it is...

You idiots keep bringing up "You can't say Matt Ryan would be as successful in Miami" yada, yada, yada... yet you want to bring up a SYSTEM quarterback like Aaron Rodgers who sat for 3 years behind a Hall of Famer as a guy that WOULD... compared to the quarterback who started from day 1 on a terrible football team that had the #3 overall pick in the draft? And was going through a complete regime change from top to bottom in Atlanta just like Miami was?

You people are pathetic...

Oh joy the Matt Ryan nut huggin rears its ugly head again....

Back
Top Bottom