Parker or Williams? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker or Williams?

To me Preston is way more talented than Parker but of course he's gotten hurt both years he's been with us. Parker is what he is. A very good WR when he's healthy himself but he's reached his ceiling while Williams ceiling is way higher.

Parker is the better WR. Unfortunately Williams has had major injuries the past two seasons which has caused him to miss the majority of each season by being placed on IR. Right now I don’t see Williams as any better than the 5th WR on the roster and Parker is definitely in the top 3. If Williams can’t make it through the entire season without another injury, I doubt he will be on the roster after the 2021 season.

Parker is the better WR. Unfortunately Williams has had major injuries the past two seasons which has caused him to miss the majority of each season by being placed on IR. Right now I don’t see Williams as any better than the 5th WR on the roster and Parker is definitely in the top 3. If Williams can’t make it through the entire season without another injury, I doubt he will be on the roster after the 2021 season.
if PW suffers another freak season ending injury for the third season in a row, i am going to start looking for voodoo dolls in his locker.

Parker. Hands down. The more I look at our WR group the more I think Grant is the 4th lock and Preston is playing to earn a spot. Unless Parker is traded. I think he’s an explosive option if used correctly. Plus he doesn’t actually drop everything. Just the deep ball. Lol I think he had 4 drops last season. Something like that.

For now, I ABSOLUTELY keep them both... without a doubt, without a pause to think about it.

If PW remains healthy this year, I honestly believe he will surpass DVP's performance and this question will answer itself, but as I have said many times, he does have to remain healthy and prove that those two injuries were a product of bad luck, rather than poor structure.

Preston is a raw talent that we all hope is taking that next step. But he is very inconsistent with the most important attribute a WR needs - hands.

Parker is an elite jump ball WR with terrific hands.

Parker. Hands down. The more I look at our WR group the more I think Grant is the 4th lock and Preston is playing to earn a spot. Unless Parker is traded. I think he’s an explosive option if used correctly. Plus he doesn’t actually drop everything. Just the deep ball. Lol I think he had 4 drops last season. Something like that.
Two drops on 35 targets in 2020.

Parker is to Wake as Williams is to Vernon.

One makes the other better. Williams can be our Gadsen this year.

Say what you want but if he stays healthy and is used as the #1 he is a top 5 in the league. Sadly his early misuse and may have ruined his long term potential.
Williams is not at his level.

Am I the only one who thinks Williams is so over rated on this board? He has a few special catches otherwise he drops a ton of balls.
I think some people just expected way too much too fast from the kid. If you compare him to most wrs selected in the 6th or 7th round or who were a udfa you will see he's way ahead of schedule. He's played in 16 games and has 50 receptions 700 yards and 7 tds. That would be a hell of a rookie season for a late round pick. Sure he's missed half his games in his first two seasons, but most late round picks aren't playing in 16 games during their first two seasons either, even if they're healthy. For example Jakeem Grant, who did play in all 32 games in his first two seasons mostly as a special teams player, had 13 receptions, 203 yards and 2 tds. Isaiah Ford played in 9 games had 23 receptions, 244 yards and 0 tds. Even Rishard Matthews played in 24 games his first two seasons had 52 receptions 600 yards and 0 tds.

I think Williams still has areas in his game that he needs to improve, like reducing the drops, but I think he's shown he's at the very least a good role player in the NFL and if he can stay healthy and cut his drops in half he can be a decent NFL starting wr. I expect Parker, Waddle and Fuller to get a majority of the wr targets in 2021, so you could do a lot worse than Williams as your number 4 or 5 wr on a roster.

Last edited:
If he can produce a single season of healthy plays, and still put up even pedestrian numbers like 35/600/4, you're going to look at his 3 years in this season and think "Wow, thats a great UDFA find. He might break out if he's not buried by Fuller + Waddle + Parker! " and you've suddenly got both a potential Parker replacement AND potential trade bait for a WR hungry team. One cheap year + potential for tag/extension. They likely will extend him if they're giving significant value, but I imagine both parties are equally excited to get a 4-5 year deal at 25 million done + a 3rd rounder.

Why does my brain just not stop at "trade value"? I always fanfic trade options down to the compensation. Im clearly suffering from serious football wirthdrawls

Back
Top Bottom