Parker Traded to Pats…. | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Traded to Pats….

Off the top of my head, other than Welker, whom we didn't want to trade, I can't think of any others that went to NE and had success?
Didn't we cut LB in TC that went on to have a good career in NE?

Maybe he was at one point in his career, but he certainly isn't anymore.
I don't agree.

Attack Paker on durability all day if you want. Guy is the best in the business at the 50/50 ball.

And Tua did not leverage him in the proper way as often as Fitz did which limited his effectiveness.

Feels like unnecesary to the pats.. Would have taken a lower offer from another division if there was any
Why take a lower offer though?

Are u really scared of Parker on the Pats?

Before yesterday, the absolute most it seemed anyone expected was a 4th. Some were talking a 5th or 6th.

Why are so few people looking at this from the viewpoint that there’s a solid chance we stole a 3rd from our rivals?

You want to hurt the Pats? Give them an injury prone underachiever and take a day 2 pick from them.

Last edited:
I don't agree.

Attack Paker on durability all day if you want. Guy is the best in the business at the 50/50 ball.

And Tua did not leverage him in the proper way as often as Fitz did which limited his effectiveness.

His numbers over the past 2 years suggest differently.

But even if he were elite at 50\50 balls, his one dimensional skillset doesn't fit on this offense.

His numbers over the past 2 years suggest differently.

But even if he were elite at 50\50 balls, his one dimensional skillset doesn't fit on this offense.
On the contrary, his numbers when on the field suggest the exact opposite. Because he is regularly productive when actually suiting up.

Even with a young QB who can't drive the ball down the field because of poor o line play or physical limitations.

You clearly just have a bias.

Go back and watch the Giants and Jets games last year specifically.

I'm not gonna label Parker durable but he was on the field far more than he wasn't. People act like he was Will Fuller.

On the field but far less than 100% - don’t act like he was play thru pain guy

I would have bubble wrapped him for such a time as when one of the top three are limping

Bowden and PW have not shown me enough to be the replacement

He also had value for a pick at the trade deadline but Grier like to pack away picks for following years - while exposing his team it is a gamble that has not always proved to work

Iggy and Jackson as part of spoils of the Tunsil trade for starters

On the contrary, his numbers when on the field suggest the exact opposite. Because he is regularly productive when actually suiting up.

Even with a young QB who can't drive the ball down the field because of poor o line play or physical limitations.

You clearly just have a bias.

Go back and watch the Giants and Jets games last year specifically.

Parker has had 1 good year in 7 seasons. If you want to accept mediocrity, feel free. But I want better for my team.

Parker's contested catch rate in 2021 was 52%. But that number has not been consistent for him. It's ranged from a low of 22% to a high of 77% in 2019. His mean average is about 53%. IMO some people more strongly recollect those two seasons where he was above 70% and view that as what he is. But the reality is probably closer to that 53% number. Basically he gives you a little better than average odds on a 50/50 ball.

On the field but far less than 100% - don’t act like he was play thru pain guy

I would have bubble wrapped him for such a time as when one of the top three are limping

Bowden and PW have not shown me enough to be the replacement

He also had value for a pick at the trade deadline but Grier like to pack away picks for following years - while exposing his team it is a gamble that has not always proved to work

Iggy and Jackson as part of spoils of the Tunsil trade for starters
Jackson is not part of the Tunsil trade.

We got that pick from trading Minkah. So not any better, but just had nothing to do w Tunsil.

Parker is a damn good football player. Kind of remarkable that he had success even though injuries sapped his ability to get any separation. Excelled against the Pats, even when Gilmore was lined up across from him. But him being questionable every week and missing multiple games just wasn't worth it. Never knew when he was going to play. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a good player.

Telling point on this trade:
Miami doesnt think Parker is very good, hence not worried about trading him in division.
NE : not worried about Miami drafting good players with a 3rd round pick.

Jackson is not part of the Tunsil trade.

We got that pick from trading Minkah. So not any better, but just had nothing to do w Tunsil.
Yes you are right - i meant what you are saying Grier empties the cupboards and it hurts the team in the present - and the picks are no guarantee - so we have learned

I like the person, but horrible career….at least he was able to earn a living though.

Video games till the wee hours in the morning….
Sponge Bob obsession...
Eating junk food...
Constantly injured...
Immature mindest...
Only 1 1000 yard season...

smh

Yes you are right - i meant what you are saying Grier empties the cupboards and it hurts the team in the present - and the picks are no guarantee - so we have learned
His draft record is actually pretty good if we ignore every offensive lineman (which he’s picked a lot of). Can he just outsource that part of the job completely?

Back
Top Bottom