Parker Traded to Pats…. | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Traded to Pats….

Really poor value on this trade... the R3 in 23 is like an R4 in 22 (yes, future picks are devalued!) So we gave Bellicheat DVP for the value spread between an R4 and R5. Maybe thats equilivent to an R7. Oh well...

I'm not sure why every has to go overboard on hyperbole here. He played in 93 games in Miami out of a possible 113. The nagging injuries certainly limited him, but 'not been available 80% of his time' kind of talk is nonsense.

He's gone because at this point in his career he'd be a WR4 for us after we brought in Hill and Wilson. But he does make the Patriots better than they were before today this upcoming season.
Hyperbole makes the world turn and it's true that glass was better at setting the temperature in the hot tub than actually playing. His history speaks for itself.

Really poor value on this trade... the R3 in 23 is like an R4 in 22 (yes, future picks are devalued!) So we gave Bellicheat DVP for the value spread between an R4 and R5. Maybe thats equilivent to an R7. Oh well...
Was great value for your 4th wr that is always a hurt making $8-9 mil

No because they are starting to up date the years on picks. So it is a jump form a R5 to R3. Also of note that is a pretty big jump in actual number of overall picks because of all the comp picks added in between the R3 and R5. For example this year there are 15 extra picks between a R3 pick and R5.

This goes along with my theory that this is a post June trade, there by saving more cap space.
No it won't be. One of the big reasons to trade Parker this year was because they want all his contract off the 23 cap. Next year we are tight on cap space. We still have a lot of space right now.

No it won't be. One of the big reasons to trade Parker this year was because they want all his contract off the 23 cap. Next year we are tight on cap space. We still have a lot of space right now.
But we can roll over our 2022 savings

My personal opinion is we should have waited. Camp has not started yet and injuries are part of the game. What if Wilson gets hurts and I hope he doesn’t Parker being available at 60% is steal based on his contract, look at how much we paid Fuller last season. I know separation isn’t his thing but back shoulder passes and having a receiver to play the ball at its high point is nice to have.

Yes I guess. But I don't even know if you can do that with a trade only cuts. Could be wrong though.
Have to think that the cap was a factor in why the picks are 2023. Or else, why not 2022 picks? We don't have many this year.

My personal opinion is we should have waited. Camp has not started yet and injuries are part of the game. What if Wilson gets hurts and I hope he doesn’t Parker being available at 60% is steal based on his contract, look at how much we paid Fuller last season. I know separation isn’t his thing but back shoulder passes and having a receiver to play the ball at its high point is nice to have.
Maybe, but Miami has a lot of options at wide receiver. Plus, Gesicki can basically bring what Parker does.

Saving $9 million next year also helps the Dolphins cap situation.

Back
Top Bottom