Parker Was Not Missed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Was Not Missed

It's totally amazing... If a dude is on our roster (especially high pick) he's great but the instant he's gone = he sucks!

If Parker comes back and doesn't upgrade the offense then you can just bench him, but I'd rather have him active to see what he can do.

I am not a Parker fan but let’s be real. We did miss him today. He represents a threat that no other receiver on the team does. We relied solely on our running backs and our slot wide receivers today. Guarantee him just being back for the next game will open up the middle of our field more and help unleash our tight ends who were extremely quiet today. We need all hands on deck.
In theory this is correct. The problem is that it’s hard to be a “threat” when you rarely, ever deliver anything. Stills causes more headaches for opposing coordinators than Parker, I’m sure. He catches 6-8 long bombs for TDs every year. With Parker you can say, “let’s make Parker beat us” and it won’t happen. You can’t say that about Stills though. We need Parker to play to his abilities and then we’ll have something for other teams to respect. Until then he’s just a JAG out there that looks the part but doesn’t play it particularly well.

Albert Wilson looked better than Landry lol. No need for Parker imo
Wilson looked really good - shifty and broke some tackles. Landry had a big day today and averaged 15 yards a catch - I don’t want to take anything away from the guy. Even if he can be a total asshat at times.

I am not a Parker fan but let’s be real. We did miss him today. He represents a threat that no other receiver on the team does. We relied solely on our running backs and our slot wide receivers today. Guarantee him just being back for the next game will open up the middle of our field more and help unleash our tight ends who were extremely quiet today. We need all hands on deck.

The threat of 3 catches per game was accomplished by 5 of our players.

The thing is we need a big body against better opposition. The Titans are awful, maybe we are like the Ravens are to us but on the evidence of today they'll be picking pretty high in 2019. For us to trouble the stronger teams we are going to need the Parker we've seen (way too rarely) in patches, the rookie TE has a long way to go.

If the Titans were for some reason taking offers for Cory Davis i'd be interested. He's a good looking prospect in probably one of the worst situations for his talents.

Im still going to root for Parker as hard as possible but i would swap him for Davis in a heartbeat.

Regardless, Parker just needs to add a wrinkle to whats already being established with an all around solid group. Buying time until Gesicki gets up to speed.

Devante doesn't have to live up to his draft status in order to be a plus. For all his issues, if that ball is in the air i still feel good about his chances.

I think Miami is going to phase him out. There's enough talent at wide receiver and Gesicki is sure to improve as well and provide that 50/50 win that Parker does on occasion. Not sure about trade value, but probably less than a fourth rounder since that is what Landry brought and he's one of the best receivers in football.

The threat of 3 catches per game was accomplished by 5 of our players.

Sounds like a winning formula.

6 or 7 players with atleast 3 receptions a game is ideal for this offense.

Even though i know the fade is RTs achillies heel of throws, Parker is still ideally suited for those plays. Gesicki has a lot to learn.

Next time you want to attempt that fade put Parker right behind Gesicki and let Tannehill decide what to do instead of forcing a quick pass to your only obvious target.

Back
Top Bottom